Is Now Foods Gelatin Irradiated?

Discussion in 'Gelatin' started by j., Aug 18, 2013.

1. j.

j. Guest

2. Jenn

Jenn Member

Japan has a limited supply of Waygu cattle, all other beef is imported. Not going to be a commercial source of gelatin......

Argentina is probably the source of all powdered gelatin, just marketed by different brands. There are probably only a few sources made in the US, most of it goes to dog food/raw hide here.

3. OP
    j.

j. Guest

I got a response. You're right Jenn, at least some of it is from Argentina.

4. Rayser

Rayser Member

5. sladerunner69

sladerunner69 Member

Econ Student
    That article is highly sensationalized. He make just 2 citations one of which is from "worth truth TV". It seems like a regurgitation of an equally extreme article first published by NaturalNews:http://www.naturalnews.com/041200_Fukushima_radiation_poisoning_contaminated_food.html
    Much of the information there is absurdly exagerated- like claiming the fallout will be active for millions of years. NatNews is a partisan propaganda website with close ties to Anti-Nuclear interests. I've been digging into this issue for some time now and the one clear effect from the fallout is an increased infant mortality rate, for the 1 month following the disaster, and has since subsided. Most independent tests have found undetectable levels and a few have found very low quantities of radiation in some west coast dairy and water.

My take-away from Fukishima will be to avoid Pacific Seafood and use filtered water.