Is Now Foods Gelatin Irradiated?

Jenn

Japan has a limited supply of Waygu cattle, all other beef is imported. Not going to be a commercial source of gelatin......

Argentina is probably the source of all powdered gelatin, just marketed by different brands. There are probably only a few sources made in the US, most of it goes to dog food/raw hide here.

OP
J

j.

I got a response. You're right Jenn, at least some of it is from Argentina.

Produced and purified in Illinois, USA plant from components (cow hides) manufactured in the USA, Brazil, Argentina or Mexico.

sladerunner69

That article is highly sensationalized. He make just 2 citations one of which is from "worth truth TV". It seems like a regurgitation of an equally extreme article first published by NaturalNews:http://www.naturalnews.com/041200_Fukushima_radiation_poisoning_contaminated_food.html
Much of the information there is absurdly exagerated- like claiming the fallout will be active for millions of years. NatNews is a partisan propaganda website with close ties to Anti-Nuclear interests. I've been digging into this issue for some time now and the one clear effect from the fallout is an increased infant mortality rate, for the 1 month following the disaster, and has since subsided. Most independent tests have found undetectable levels and a few have found very low quantities of radiation in some west coast dairy and water.

My take-away from Fukishima will be to avoid Pacific Seafood and use filtered water.

Peatress

It’s becoming increasingly difficult to find good quality gelatin. I was wondering if anyone has an update on the Now Food brand of gelatin since this thread was started?

sunny

This is the one I have been getting.

According to HEALTHY HOME ECONOMIST recommendations, it is tested glyphosate free. She recommends things people here would not use, but it is a good reference and starting point for alor of products

Peatress

This is the one I have been getting.

According to HEALTHY HOME ECONOMIST recommendations, it is tested glyphosate free. She recommends things people here would not use, but it is a good reference and starting point for alor of products

Thank you. I'm looking for ordinary gelatin not the hydrolyzed type.

sunny

Thank you. I'm looking for ordinary gelatin not the hydrolyzed type.
I linked collagen, not gelatin, sorry.
They have gelatin also.

Peatress

I linked collagen, not gelatin, sorry.
They have gelatin also.
Thank you I will see if I can find this brand in the UK.

Also, I am still keen to get feedback on the NOW FOOD brand, only because it's relatively cheaper than other brands.

LA

Also, I am still keen to get feedback on the NOW FOOD brand, only because it's relatively cheaper than other brands.
NOW FOODS beef gelatin used to be sold in 5 pound bulk packages. After 2 orders we trashed most of the last order. It was substandard compared to the Kraft-brand of gelatin that previously came in rectangular shaped, stiff orange boxes, with an easy to remove lid. It used to be sold in restaurant supply stores. The easy to use bulk Kraft-brand gelatin disappeared from the markets in our area. It was replaced with Kraft-Brand packages full of small envelopes of gelatin.

We switched to Great Lakes Collagen Hydrolysate dietary supplement in the Green Can. It became very popular and they sold their company. The new product does not 'work' for us.

We no longer consume gelatin and feel healthiest with regular protein such as hard-boiled eggs, whole milk and meat

Peatress

NOW FOODS beef gelatin used to be sold in 5 pound bulk packages. After 2 orders we trashed most of the last order. It was substandard compared to the Kraft-brand of gelatin that previously came in rectangular shaped, stiff orange boxes, with an easy to remove lid. It used to be sold in restaurant supply stores. The easy to use bulk Kraft-brand gelatin disappeared from the markets in our area. It was replaced with Kraft-Brand packages full of small envelopes of gelatin.

We switched to Great Lakes Collagen Hydrolysate dietary supplement in the Green Can. It became very popular and they sold their company. The new product does not 'work' for us.

We no longer consume gelatin and feel healthiest with regular protein such as hard-boiled eggs, whole milk and meat
Thank you very much for letting me know. I did order it but I haven't used it yet. Lately, I've been reconsidering store bought gelatin and may have to limit my consumption. This feedback is very helpful

Peatress

🙏

Mossy

I'm curious what you're basing the "substandard" on. That's not to say you aren't correct, I'm just curious if you've had gut/digestive distress or endotoxin symptoms from it. I've been using NOW gelatin for several months now and for someone who is sensitive to everything I don't seem to have any problems with it.

I'm guessing that the Kraft you mention is Knox, if it's the orange container, which has been the grocery store standard for probably the last 100+ years in the US, way before "organic" and all the new high-end gelatin came to the market. I mention that to suggest it's probably very basic gelatin. But, just a guess.

LA

@Mossy - yes you are correct it was Knox.

We have done a few home-trials, no radical testing and these are the results
Knox Gelatin - no help, nothing bad, nothing good
NOW Gelatin in 5 lb bags. Neither my husband nor I felt good after using it

(Pure Unflavored Protein Kosher)
Great Lakes Gelatin - green label
Pasture Raised Grass-Fed Cattle
Collagen Hydrolysate
Collagen Dietary Supplement
- I become sick and crippled within about 3 days whenever doing it

We/I found out about Pork Gelatin from a discussion group where others also had motorcycle wrecks and some had cancer. A few said that Pork Gelatin cured cancer. I have no proof. Although we tried it due to those guys who said it helped them recover from motorcycle accidents, etc. My husband has been building motor vehicles since he was about 8 to 9 years of age when he built a go-cart from his father's lawn mower.

Back some years we tried Pure Unflavored Protein Pork Gelatin
Great Lakes Gelatin
Unflavored Gelatin - orange label
Collagen Joint Care
for me it was a wow it is easier to dance and do Tai Chi again
I vote for the pig gelatin if suffering. Although we now do neither.

Mossy

@Mossy - yes you are correct it was Knox.

We have done a few home-trials, no radical testing and these are the results
Knox Gelatin - no help, nothing bad, nothing good
NOW Gelatin in 5 lb bags. Neither my husband nor I felt good after using it

(Pure Unflavored Protein Kosher)
Great Lakes Gelatin - green label
Pasture Raised Grass-Fed Cattle
Collagen Hydrolysate
Collagen Dietary Supplement
- I become sick and crippled within about 3 days whenever doing it

We/I found out about Pork Gelatin from a discussion group where others also had motorcycle wrecks and some had cancer. A few said that Pork Gelatin cured cancer. I have no proof. Although we tried it due to those guys who said it helped them recover from motorcycle accidents, etc. My husband has been building motor vehicles since he was about 8 to 9 years of age when he built a go-cart from his father's lawn mower.

Back some years we tried Pure Unflavored Protein Pork Gelatin
Great Lakes Gelatin
Unflavored Gelatin - orange label
Collagen Joint Care
for me it was a wow it is easier to dance and do Tai Chi again
I vote for the pig gelatin if suffering. Although we now do neither.
Interesting about the pork gelatin. I was not aware of that as a gelatin option..

Currently I have 4lbs of the NOW brand. so it will be a while before I can try other options.

I've concluded that I don't do well with collagen, like most supplements.

LA

Interesting about the pork gelatin. I was not aware of that as a gelatin option..

Currently I have 4lbs of the NOW brand. so it will be a while before I can try other options.

I've concluded that I don't do well with collagen, like most supplements.
We decided we do not do well with collagen either and mostly limit supplements to Vit E and Ascorbic acid with Magnesium at night

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals