Is Nobody Gonna Point Out The Elephant In The Room? Georgi Dinki Knows It All But He’s Still Fat?

LeeBee

Lots of truth, even though I’m at the lowest end of obesity (30 BMI), my joints hurt, my back hurts after a night of sleep.

It sucks. I know I would feel a lot better physically with 40 less pounds on me.

Probably just gonna do a diet of eggs, meat, and fruit.

None of this sugar and dairy stuff

Fruit is what Peat is mostly referring to when he says sugar.

Auslander

Peating is one of the last things you want to do if you’re trying get lean. But being lean isn’t exactly optimal.

I think that’s nonsense. You will NOT get lean eating crap load of table sugar, but Peat does not advocate or recommend eating any table sugar. And there are numerous instances of such forum practices vs. Peat contradictions. Peat recommendations are just fine for getting lean and healthy.

Auslander

Because he obviously created that account ONLY to ask this question. If he had balls he would have posted on his actual account.
His question is completely valid though.

I think so too. There are threads here often brutally scrutinizing other people’s detailed physical characteristics, drawing often ridiculous and sometimes valid conclusions based on a single photo. Haidut has been getting a free pass here. As I much as I like to listen to the guy.

Live life, be healthy, use your body, **** up, eat pizza, smoke a joint occasionally or have a beer, don't nanny it 24/7, make fun memories. When you get older memories of going to the gym all the time, your six pack and eating your RP foods won't nourish your soul or entertain your grand kids.
:grin This is true.
Try to be all pure and holy health guy and you'll just stress yourself the bleep out.

In a way I eat a pretty strict low-fat plant-based "Peaty" diet, but I love the food and I've found what works for me. Sometimes I'll eat some coconut based ice cream or chocolate etc higher fat treats, you know like a normal person. Sometimes a beer or some red wine if I feel like it. I've also embraced the fact that I love to smoke ganja. It's just who I am. And I don't want it in a pill or tea etc, I want the dirty smoke into my lungs. :rollingred

One just needs to find that balance.

Auslander

Being fatter is a great advantage in living a long life. I’ve mentioned this many times and have shown numerous studies and Dr. Peat has said a BMI in the high 20s is most healthy.

Throughout the years you have tried numerous methods of losing weight. From what I gathered, mostly unsuccessfully. It seems to me you realize it is unhealthy to be fat but you change your tune after each failed attempt as a way of accepting your inability to slim up. I don't think that's the right approach.

rei

Nutritional knowledge only gets you to the start line. The widely ignored aspect of health is posture, where chronic damage manifests as tension in the fascial system. Te most obvious sign is discontinuous place in the spine's movement (like neck moving separate from lower part) and limited mobility in joints. Can you effortlessly turn the head 180 degrees side to side repeatedly and with speed? Can you touch palms to ground leaning forward? Can you sit in yoga with legs crossed? All this comes naturally if you heal any chronic damage, there is no need for flexibility training or stretching regimen. Simply re-mobilize mis-tensioned fascia.

Haidut is a former competitive rower which is a prime sport to develop such damage due to the exhaustive nature of it combined with unnatural posture (sitting) while still transmitting great forces from the hands down through the feet.

In other threads i have argued how i believe this same tension transmitted through the neck is the underlying cause for MPB.

Waynish

When is the metabolism gonna rev up?
Or does he not practice what he preaches?
or maybe milk is making you fat when everyone has always known that dairy makes people gain weight. Especially when you’re combining it with a diet high in refined sugar

If you want to judge him, then you'd have to meet him. He seems to function OK during the interviews. A man being big and not having abs is just a sign that he isn't a self-obsessed homosexual. If Georgi was taking body pics in his bathroom, then I would never buy a supplement from him. Trying to have a thin waist like a self obsessed woman is terrible for your health. If you're serious about health, then you need to breath properly and allow your belly to expand and relax to do so.

Kunstruct

Can you effortlessly turn the head 180 degrees side to side repeatedly and with speed? Can you touch palms to ground leaning forward? Can you sit in yoga with legs crossed? All this comes naturally if you heal any chronic damage, there is no need for flexibility training or stretching regimen. Simply re-mobilize mis-tensioned fascia.
I know someone close who is able to these from young age to 60s, yet he has health issues, most shockingly and notably has scoliosis that can be seen easily without being a doctor.

Vinny

Andman

lose some weight if youre unhappy, calories in/calories out still applies.

no need to attack our very own zeus

Amazoniac

People saying its messed up to bring this topic up

It is relevant.

If we had all of Peat's writings and he died at 59, we would be right to question

Things have to work in practice
Kalinga, I disagree, this is gossip. It's not a large sample of people doing something similar for us to find a common ground (he may be under an unsuspected stressor and we'll be blaming on a specific habit). In your example, the guy would be dead. Since in our case he's in the living state, honest and we don't know much about his life, why not just ask what you want to know directly in one of his multiple personal threads before speculating? E! channel can't contact celebrities at any time, we can. I doubt that he would mind answering and for sure he would prefer this to dealing with indirect suppositions that lack the decency to tag him in spite of not hesitating to do so elsewhere on topics that have no relation to him at all, it's just validation and trying to invite a VIP to the party. Not a single time tagged on a thread where he's called an elephant? It's a joke.

I think that as men develop, we tend to care less about looks for not depending on it. From his state, it seems that it wouldn't be difficult for him to get slimmer if he wanted.

All in all, this sort of discussion only reinforces my suspicion that the information becomes secondary on videos.

What's the credibility threshold?

upload_2020-3-1_10-41-3.png
upload_2020-3-1_10-41-7.png
upload_2020-3-1_10-41-11.png
upload_2020-3-1_10-41-15.png
upload_2020-3-1_10-41-21.png

Last edited:
Does the robustness of being fat apply to everyone or just old people though? Both my grandmothers have been hospitalized for basically starvation induced by other illnesses, so being a bit fat in old age clearly is protective, but for young and middle aged people?
I've also made note that the fatness induced by peating could be more of a "bulking" effect like how people get fat while eating in excess to build muscle, metabolically damaged people get fat trying to rebuild (and possibly maintain) their damaged metabolism, but this doesn't necessarily mean that the fat itself is healthy, just a byproduct of fighting for their health. If you look at young men, I think in general the leaner men seem to be healthier.

As for haidut, I would love to hear what he has to say, since he clearly is more knowledgeable than anyone else on this forum, and if he's struggling with something it's bad news for everyone. He doesn't look terrible though

I doubt it applies to young people who seem to naturally be thin. So I agree with you there.

It also could be that the fat is a storage reservoir for toxins that the liver can’t easily dispose of.

I believe a lot in the idea of homeostasis. That our bodies strive for some sort of equilibrium and this fat probably makes the process more robust of encountering environmental toxins and remaining in gear. I call this metabolic inertia, and I think resistance to dietary supplements, medications and the like is an indicator of robust metabolic inertia that probably is very life-giving. People who are super sensitive to everything they take or eat probably have a much worse time of it. I sense this more in thin people than in fatter people.

Spokey

I can't speak for Georgi, but of myself I can say I carry surprisingly little lard for someone who likes food as much as I do and sits in front of a computer all day most everyday. I should by my own reckoning be much rounder. My aim in following Peats work isnt' to not be fat either, but to no longer be chronically ill. And frankly, mission accomplished. In the past I was extremely lean (before getting podgy doing low carb), but I was also suicidal. If I had to pick, I'd pick fat over feeling like that again any day.

Broken man

His body caught my attention too. For all members that think about body fat as protective, ask Ray, he wrote at his article about estrogen that body fat is not good because it increases aromatase, also wrote that abdominal fat is sign of high cortisol. He is lean. To be honest, with chemicals that Haidut has or can get And his high testosterone, I dont understand how he can look like this. But haidut Is also working alot while not sleeping much, drink alot of Pepsi but the thing is that I can't eat like Peat himself. Both od them are not my idols but something like teachers. Look on member @Stryker or @olive. Being overweight Is not just unhealthy, Its not practical too And your environment will let you know. Just think about it, the fit was Always the one who survived and had energy for finding good food and had good woman. Good woman means healthy kids .....You can easily see it everywhere.

Tarmander

seriously guys

He has kids, has a main job, runs a side business, and has a history of damage from endurance exercise and low carb

Guy should be 400 lbs

Max23

Haven´t thought of Georgi as fat, ever. I think he is much like a typical Bulgarian, like Blagoy Ivanov. Would you consider him fat? They are more like, wide. I think that the body type plays a big part of it´s composition of fat. More wider people require more fat.
When I was younger I tried desperately to lose those love handles. No matter what I tried, they just didn´t go away. I would probably lose much of my muscles than this fat. For some reason it is very dear to the body. I feel much better with fat than with a leaner body. No way would I lose it on purpose now. I am not overweight now either.

Throughout the years you have tried numerous methods of losing weight. From what I gathered, mostly unsuccessfully. It seems to me you realize it is unhealthy to be fat but you change your tune after each failed attempt as a way of accepting your inability to slim up. I don't think that's the right approach.

I think so. I do want to lose fat, but I am always unwilling to jeopardize my health to do so and I think it boils down to that.

Losing fat often results in jeopardizing health, especially as one gets older.

I see it all the time with other people and don’t want to go down that road. And yet it would be nice to be thinner, I say to myself, caving into societal norms, LOL.

I have noticed with middle-aged men who lose a lot of fat that virtually 100% of the time they end up with worse health problems than they had before.

Mufasa

I think it is very healthy that he is not as obsessed (as many guys here) with his appearance, but is focussing on improving his energy levels and mental power.

Also he is able to eat much more different foods than many here and is going out to eat. Maybe if you try to micro manage as perfectly as a Danny Roddy does with his self prepared meals you will look some One Direction member in your 30+s.

I’m actually much more inspired by haidut at the moment, how he is able to raise a family with kids, going out to eat, playing soccer with friends, drinking with friends, and in the meantime able to setup a company that helps hundreds of people and having the mental power to learn, read and share so much useful knowledge.