Is my TSH too low?

PeskyPeater

I got my first ever thyroid labs back, yeh I finally lost my virginity :)
but doc says im taking bad and dangerous amounts of T4. I was gauging my meds on temp and heartrate. Seems TSH is too low ?

TSH 0.1 mU/L
Total T3 2.4 nmol/L
FT4 9.9 pmol/L - but I like to ignore this one, I wanted totals but She still tested on silly free t4.

OP
PeskyPeater

PeskyPeater

ALAT 94 U/l
ASAT 40
GGT 80

[edit] Blood test are with 12.5 mcg t3 and 25 mcg t4

Last edited:
OP
PeskyPeater

PeskyPeater

Now using 25mcg t3 and 75mcg t4. need to do another test with this dose soon.

I used to drink too much liqor. I dont know if my liver is damaged or the enzymes are up from using 15mg progest-e / DHEA ?

Tinnitus increases after eating in left ear, gets worse when I chew. Why is that ?

Before dhea /progest-e and on lower dose of thyroid: issues were hyperventilation, low waking temp and pulse. frequent colds between meals. throat blocks, breathing difficulty. Phlegm, asthma, muscle weakness, stiffness, anxiety, low libido, hairloss.

Breathing seems more stable now, libido has returned.

I have frequent oily skin, so seems like a good thyroid function.
Maybe im overdoing the thyroid or hormones and the issue are from liver / gut/stress hormones. thinking about starting over with 1/4 th cynoplus..

I dont count calories.

My diet:

1-2 quart of low fat milk with sugar ginger and salt and some collagen
2 quart of fruit juice organic or oranges with baking soda and salt
some white fish or ground beef with soy sauce and salt
some icecream
mushroom soup with beef stock or carrots
some cheese
100 gr white chocolate bar
eggs in butter
coconut bread
occasional greek yogurt with oatbran

Supps:

50mg doxycycline
8000 iu retinol
1200mg acetyl carnitine
1x B-complex
100mg thiamine
some nicotine
some aspirin
weekly 400 iu mix tocopherol in olive oil
400mg calcium
occasional cyproheptadine

250mg niacinamide

some daily cycling and every other day lifting weights

Last edited:
OP
PeskyPeater

PeskyPeater

I just took 6mcg of thyroid after breakfast and 30m later I feel warm but also feeling weird. dizzy, light headed, different breathing, unfocused.

I suspect Im having too much thyroid in my system. going to throttle it down.

mostlylurking

but doc says im taking bad and dangerous amounts of T4. I was gauging my meds on temp and heartrate. Seems TSH is too low ?

TSH 0.1 mU/L
Total T3 2.4 nmol/L
FT4 9.9 pmol/L - but I like to ignore this one, I wanted totals but She still tested on silly free t4.
My TSH is always super low. My endocrinologist ignores the number, he said other things can cause TSH to be low so he leaves that number out of his decision making for my medication. My TSH was extremely low when I started seeing him and I was in real trouble with my hypothyroidism. Here's my recent labs:
Free T3: 4.0, test range is 2.2-4.2 PG/ML
Free T4 (thyroxine): 1.33, test range is .80-1.90 NG/DL
TSH: <0.010, test range is .400-4.1- UIU/ML

I'm taking Acella brand NP Thyroid which is a prescription natural desiccated thyroid available in the U.S. My endo thinks it's wonderful stuff; he said it works just like the old original Armour product used to. My endo is 84 and has been practicing for over 50 years.

It is difficult to say much about your labs without the test ranges. Have you ever had your Reverse T3 tested? I think too much T4 can be problematic? It may be showing that you are having difficulty converting T4 to T3. Maybe you need to look into doing things to improve your liver health and function?

Peatful

“Maybe im overdoing the thyroid or hormones and the issue are from liver / gut/stress hormones. thinking about starting over with 1/4 th cynoplus.”

“I suspect Im having too much thyroid in my system. going to throttle it down.“

Correct. Overdoing.

If you had it that low naturally- I say no problem.

But to artificially have it that low and symptomatic- be prudent.

Stilgar

My TSH was 0.001 on quarter of cynoplus and a nibble of t3 daily. I'd say it's safe if your cholesterol is good - mine wasn't so stress hormones through the roof and an infection skewed the results. Go by how you feel more than the number. All those supplements would probably cause me tinnitus too - eliminate those first as a precaution.

OP
PeskyPeater

PeskyPeater

My TSH is always super low. My endocrinologist ignores the number, he said other things can cause TSH to be low so he leaves that number out of his decision making for my medication. My TSH was extremely low when I started seeing him and I was in real trouble with my hypothyroidism. Here's my recent labs:

I'm taking Acella brand NP Thyroid which is a prescription natural desiccated thyroid available in the U.S. My endo thinks it's wonderful stuff; he said it works just like the old original Armour product used to. My endo is 84 and has been practicing for over 50 years.

It is difficult to say much about your labs without the test ranges. Have you ever had your Reverse T3 tested? I think too much T4 can be problematic? It may be showing that you are having difficulty converting T4 to T3. Maybe you need to look into doing things to improve your liver health and function?
My TSH was 0.001 on quarter of cynoplus and a nibble of t3 daily. I'd say it's safe if your cholesterol is good - mine wasn't so stress hormones through the roof and an infection skewed the results. Go by how you feel more than the number. All those supplements would probably cause me tinnitus too - eliminate those first as a precaution.
thanks for your reaction. Then I have not to worry so much about that!
It sucks that I dont have a good baseline without thyroid I know, but it sucks even more not using any thyroid at all. So I'll gauge how I feel the old fashioned way while adjusting dose downwards.
No rT3 tested yet.

OP
PeskyPeater

PeskyPeater

“Maybe im overdoing the thyroid or hormones and the issue are from liver / gut/stress hormones. thinking about starting over with 1/4 th cynoplus.”

“I suspect Im having too much thyroid in my system. going to throttle it down.“

Correct. Overdoing.

If you had it that low naturally- I say no problem.

But to artificially have it that low and symptomatic- be prudent.
Thanks for confirming, your logic seems legit, I'll be careful :)

Phosphor

I don't pay a whole lot of attention to my labs; my doc won't prescribe thyroid that takes my TSH below about 2 or 3. (I take Naturethroid, which doesn't even have T4 in it) . My free T3 has always been low, my T4 is always in range. I lost a lot of hair over the last ten years, and much more starting 18 months ago when I got floxed.

A while back I started taking Lugol's. Wow! I did it because I got floxed and hopefully the iodine is helping me detox from the fluorine. But....I took a LOT for a while, and I got back all the freckles I had as a kid, and then I started to be sort of hyper so I cut it out for a week or two until I calmed down, and then I started back in and am steady at 5 drops of Lugol's in my measured water per day. However....here's the good part....my HAIR is growing back in where it was receding!! I have "bangs" growing in that are now 1-2 inches long, and I look different from the front than I have in YEARS. (Another note: I use Celtic salt which is not iodized.)

So.....I didn't "test" for iodine, I just started taking it on top of the Naturethroid, and arrived at what appears to be a working dose by myself. I haven't done or seen any thyorid tests since then, and I'm not losing weight, so I'm assuming I'm not hyperthyroid. I never trusted TSH in general because the pituitary has to be functioning correctly in order to have the TSH be meaningful, and I'm sure there are other factors that I am ignorant of.

I am luckier than most in that I get very, very good feedback from my body about what is good for it and what is not. So far, I'm still here, and I have overcome, by myself, several serious health setbacks that basically were poisonings as opposed to illnesses. I did have one serious illness that was caused by intake of enzymes that "ate" a biofilm and put me in a very bad state for a couple of years due to whatever it was that was released, and which I finally overcame with my frequency machine, but it took me 2.5 years to do so.

GreenTrails

My TSH is 0.015; my T3 Free is 5.44; my T4 Free is 1.04. I'm taking Acella brand NP Thyroid. I was prescribed 90 mg., but the last few months, I have been taking 3/4 of a pill, which makes the dose about 67 mg., and this seems fine for me, and I hope the lower dosage will get my T3 down, as it is high. I will not get another blood test for a few months, but hoping the 67 mg. will help with that. Do you know what might be the problems with having T3 so high? Thanks.

mostlylurking

My TSH is 0.015; my T3 Free is 5.44; my T4 Free is 1.04. I'm taking Acella brand NP Thyroid. I was prescribed 90 mg., but the last few months, I have been taking 3/4 of a pill, which makes the dose about 67 mg., and this seems fine for me, and I hope the lower dosage will get my T3 down, as it is high. I will not get another blood test for a few months, but hoping the 67 mg. will help with that. Do you know what might be the problems with having T3 so high? Thanks.
High T3 can cause thiamine deficiency, at least I was told that by both my gp and my endo. It can also make you nervous and can cause insomnia. I supplement with thiamine now and my T3 has gone back within range on my lower dose of Acella; I was on 180mg and now I'm taking 135mg (1 and 1/2 pills @ 90mg). Everybody's different on how much they need and this can change, which happened to me. I took 180mg Acella for 6 years, then things changed and now I don't need as much. It really does help a lot to have a good endo to help you.

GreenTrails

High T3 can cause thiamine deficiency, at least I was told that by both my gp and my endo. It can also make you nervous and can cause insomnia. I supplement with thiamine now and my T3 has gone back within range on my lower dose of Acella; I was on 180mg and now I'm taking 135mg (1 and 1/2 pills @ 90mg). Everybody's different on how much they need and this can change, which happened to me. I took 180mg Acella for 6 years, then things changed and now I don't need as much. It really does help a lot to have a good endo to help you.
Thank you. I do take a B complex which has 100 mg. of thiamine plus another 100 mg. B1 tablet. Yes, it would help to have a good endo.

mostlylurking

Thank you. I do take a B complex which has 100 mg. of thiamine plus another 100 mg. B1 tablet. Yes, it would help to have a good endo.
I'm taking 2 grams of thiamine hcl. But that's me and it's what I need. People are different so have different requirements.

OP
PeskyPeater

PeskyPeater

Found out what also is affecting my thyroid levels the nicotine [t3/t4] and semax [t4]. And the stimulation of caffeine and coffee are making me dizzy, and even hyperventilation any ideas about that?

NanMitch

TSH 0.1 mU/L
Total T3 2.4 nmol/L
See an endocrinologist for the best advice

OP
PeskyPeater

PeskyPeater

Updating my ranges and diet

TSH 0.1 mU/L - 0.4-4.0
Total T3 2.4 nmol/L - 0.9-2.4
FT4 9.9 pmol/L - 10-24

ALAT 94 U/l - <45
ASAT 40 - <35
GGT 80 <55

changed my diet: