Is Manually Heating/warming The Body A Good Approach? Sharing All Of My "implementations."

It's known that many have associated the feeling of warmth with comfort -- and plenty even associate this pleasant warmth/sense of well being with or after supplementing thyroid.

I have found a liking to "manual" heating methods, however, such as hot showers and heating devices/external methods.

For example, my outdoor air compressor/fan creates heat (or moves it more accurately) from inside the house to out (part of a standard central A/C system) very well. There are also hair dryers and such, which can be manually pointed at certain body parts to warm them some, which can feel really good/relaxing. I think using it a bit after the hot shower can pair well with the fact that your body is hot, but new clothes you change in to might not be accommodating to this -- so you can just warm your clothes as well, like socks, shoes, shirts/tops, and even your underwear/gonads/butt for a few seconds too, funnily enough.

Another method I discovered was to just "camp" on top of my outdoor compressor since it gives a steady, but more wider heat wave that's comparable to many hair dryers at once. Another thing I've done is, when drying clothes for example, the clothes dryer machine generates massive amounts of heat in a small utility room -- and it can very much be made like a sauna/steam room type of setting. When also cooking/boiling something there is lots of evaporated water/steam created, which can allow you to just place your head above it and get a good, more direct contact steam on the place of application (but some caution advised as I have burned myself slightly doing this). I've not just held my head over it, but also some bump I noticed around my ear some months ago -- and it seemed to have shrunk over time after just 10-20 minutes of heat/steam exposure at close contact.

The hot shower one is simple -- just heat the water until it feels soothing, even if it requires it being steamy or really hot for a while. Eventually I would lower the temperature of the shower after a while to where I feel properly "heated" after long enough exposure. Also I should mention that consistently taking hot showers to my liking has, on some level, helped me grasp or maintain a sense of balanced warmth throughout my body better, at least even if only temporary.

Some others have mentioned just bathing under the sun or "artificial" lighting devices/heat lamps as a good method too. You can probably just lie down on the grass somewhere on a sunny day and just enjoy it as long as it feels right for example, as I have done this before and it definitely can be helpful to some right away. There is also rubbing together your hands, or rubbing your hands/arms/etc. over colder areas until they feel more warmed.

The only other approach I know/have realized would be clothing that accomplishes this (with also an added CO2 effect), such as rain-esque jackets that kind of squeeze a bit around your torso/hips and wrists, creating a lower oxygen and/or better CO2:O ratio/environment on top of good warmth. I mean it did sound interesting to not only keep or build up warmth if feeling not too heated naturally, but also adding in some area-specific CO2 experimentation on top just made it better.

I think it's easily possible to overdo a lot of these things though so I wouldn't go all out or anything.

J

james2388

Be careful with these appliances, they do create high EMF's. Also if you are in such a room that does not have proper ducting for a dryer and that heat is dissipating in the room, that can create mold and mildew.

Take a warm bath and relax that is about it. People used to do this all the time before showers. Sit an a warm bath a half hour to hour before bed and you will lower you body temp and get the best sleep possible.

Jennifer

It has been a helpful approach for me, especially living in the north. My go-tos are hot baths, hot liquids (hot cocoa, sweetened herbal teas and salty broths), a microwaveable buckwheat heating pad and the most effective, my down-filled tent booties:
0840DF6A-9093-4329-AD5A-D8FD5EFDAC1E.jpeg
10C59246-8967-4693-AAF4-73A591356F0C.jpeg

These things help retain so much body heat they actually make me sweat. lol They were a gift and something I never would have purchased myself for personal reasons, but they were a lifesaver in the winter prior to thyroid supplementation. I also have a pair of Smartwool socks that I used for hiking in temps as low as -40° that worked well when I was out running errands and whatnot.

Last edited: