Is Magnesium Chloride A Safe Form Of Magnesium?

Safe?

• Yes

Votes: 25 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Yes, but not daily

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters

Josh

Been supplementing with this Magnesium Chloride brand daily: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Magnesium-...6&sr=1-1-fdbae751-0fa5-4c0f-900b-865654896618

Only a maximum of 1.5g a day in a drink every day which gets me only around 150mg of magnesium (Just an insurance dose, my diet already supplies quite a bit), I’ve done my research on chloride and it seems fine, but its always good to hear actual experiences with it hence why i always post in here. (Someone commented here that mag chlorideraises aldosterone so is not preferred?)

(Next i will try L-threonate, I have glycinate version too but i already consume enough collagen which i need the protein from and magnesium glycinate gives a lot of glyince so it seems like it’s too much with both combined, i take around 20g of collagen already, also the glycine i consumed was disgusting).

(I’ve been feeling much better recently since starting mag choride, although there is a few things i've started at the same time so it could be other things in combination but i definitely feel it has contributed to better energy).

I know there was a recent report of a different company ‘ReMag’ who actually came up high for heavy metals, now the brand i’ve linked above is pharmaceutical grade and should be pretty reliable, but is Magnesium chloride a type that is more likely to have high heavy metal content or was it just the brand ‘ReMag’.

Is Mag Chloride a safe form to supplement daily? Or even if i decided to increase the dose anymore than 1.5g a day? I also leave it sit in water for a few hours before drinking.

yerrag

You can search magnesium chloride with my username in search to see my bad experience with it.

Still, Mark Sircus still recommends it. Just last month, he was on One Radio Network and he still recommends magnesium chloride. Although he says mag bicarb is the best.

In short, it is an acidic load.

MgCl is better IMO topical, added to bath or Epsom salts :):

OP
J

Josh

You can search magnesium chloride with my username in search to see my bad experience with it.

Still, Mark Sircus still recommends it. Just last month, he was on One Radio Network and he still recommends magnesium chloride. Although he says mag bicarb is the best.

In short, it is an acidic load.

What was your dose and how long for? I will search your history up but can't right now.

Yure

I wouldn't drink MgCl2. But I make a tallow lotion that uses Magnesium Chloride.

Magnesium bicarbonate is my way to go internally.

InChristAlone

I don't use it internally, I use it on my skin to relax muscles. They say it can't absorb or is very poorly absorbed but I beg to differ.

Pablo Cruise

If this is an indicator, we have used Mag Cl in the hospital for years and years. That is usually a good sign.

Last edited:
OP
J

Josh

I wouldn't drink MgCl2. But I make a tallow lotion that uses Magnesium Chloride.

Magnesium bicarbonate is my way to go internally.

Why wouldnt you consume orally?

Frankdee20

Eventually, too much chloride will create hydrochloric acid in the gut, and cause heartburn... A little is okay, but should be the only source used

StephanF

Forum Supporter
Eventually, too much chloride will create hydrochloric acid in the gut, and cause heartburn... A little is okay, but should be the only source used
No, that doesn’t make sense to me from a chemistry point of view. How would the body switch the Mg2+ cation out for two H+? I am no expert in this so please explain how that works.

I am using magnesium bisglycinate for years with no problems. Eating simple carbs in the evening gives me acid reflux but never experienced this with the magnesium. But maybe that is just me.

Last edited:

yerrag

What was your dose and how long for? I will search your history up but can't right now.
It was at 600-800 mg dose of elemental magnesium using mag chloride for 4 months.

The gradual accumulation of acidity ended with me having a lowered immunity. I was having 2 months of dry cough and I was wondering why I got my allergic. rhinitis back.

Glad I tested my urine pH and found it was acidic at 5.5, far from optimal range at 6.5-6.8.

People who use mag chloride orally regularly have no idea. I shared a pdf file by Remer many times already. Some people here can't read.

StephanF

Forum Supporter
I am using oral magnesium bisglycinate for years. It works wonders as a muscle relaxer, no leg cramps at night. Magnesium is supposed to balance the calcium in the body.

OP
J

Josh

I do have magnesium glycinate but i already consume 20g of collagen daily so wouldnt the combo of that with the mag glycinate give to much glycine?

Inaut

I think a few drops of a supersaturated mag chloride is probably OK when taken with a meal. Might aid in digestion.

OP
J

Josh

It was at 600-800 mg dose of elemental magnesium using mag chloride for 4 months.

The gradual accumulation of acidity ended with me having a lowered immunity. I was having 2 months of dry cough and I was wondering why I got my allergic. rhinitis back.

Glad I tested my urine pH and found it was acidic at 5.5, far from optimal range at 6.5-6.8.

People who use mag chloride orally regularly have no idea. I shared a pdf file by Remer many times already. Some people here can't read.

I'm not disagreeing with you entirely as i don't know enough about Mag Chloride but your dose is ridiculous, i just read an old comment on a thread somewhere from you where you stated you "I took 4800mg/day and by the 5th month, I was weakened." I'm taking only 150mg worth of Mag a day through it, i'd even say your 600-800mg is way too high, are you not eating any food and getting it through your diet?

Jeepers

yerrag

I'm not disagreeing with you entirely as i don't know enough about Mag Chloride but your dose is ridiculous, i just read an old comment on a thread somewhere from you where you stated you "I took 4800mg/day and by the 5th month, I was weakened." I'm taking only 150mg worth of Mag a day through it, i'd even say your 600-800mg is way too high, are you not eating any food and getting it through your diet?

Jeepers
4800mg/day? I should correct that. A typo. Should be 480mg/day.

400mg/day of elemental magnesium is a daily maintenance dose commonly accepted in this forum.

For therapeutic purposes, when you need to build up magnesium stores, even 1000mg/day is fine. I went for lower as too much at one time results in diarrhea, so I found 600-800mg/day fine, split over 3 doses in a day.

But 150mg/day is too little.

I eat cooked green leaves daily. But I'm not a goat, so tolerable generous intake of it isn't going to provide enough magnesium.

I don't know where you're getting enough magnesium through food. Unless you eat a lot of seafood, but then when you get enough magnesium from it, you also get too much mercury.

OP
J

Josh

4800mg/day? I should correct that. A typo. Should be 480mg/day.

400mg/day of elemental magnesium is a daily maintenance dose commonly accepted in this forum.

For therapeutic purposes, when you need to build up magnesium stores, even 1000mg/day is fine. I went for lower as too much at one time results in diarrhea, so I found 600-800mg/day fine, split over 3 doses in a day.

But 150mg/day is too little.

I eat cooked green leaves daily. But I'm not a goat, so tolerable generous intake of it isn't going to provide enough magnesium.

I don't know where you're getting enough magnesium through food. Unless you eat a lot of seafood, but then when you get enough magnesium from it, you also get too much mercury.

I've been feeling much better even from 150mg worth, i did see someone else here say they also felt better after even 50g

My diet is not fully peaty, i eat lots of potatoes, starch, i don't eat the fish everyday but when i do its only 100g worth of cod, which is low mercury

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-11-02 at 22.33.58.png
    Screenshot 2020-11-02 at 22.33.58.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 23

yerrag

I've been feeling much better even from 150mg worth, i did see someone else here say they also felt better after even 50g

My diet is not fully peaty, i eat lots of potatoes, starch, i don't eat the fish everyday but when i do its only 100g worth of cod, which is low mercury

I wouldn't knowingly allow myself be have a deficiency on anything. Magnesium is no exception.

Back
Top Bottom