Is macadamia nut butter safe?

tara

Peat has cautioned about unsaturated fats. PUFAs are the bigger problem, but monounsaturated fats also have one of the unsaturated bonds that can cause trouble. So MUFAs are safer than PUFAs, but you still might be better off not eating large quantities of MUFAs either, if I've read Peat correctly. So a little macadamia nut butter might be fine, but large amounts not so much - that's my take.

I got some coconut butter for the first time recently - delicious! Not for everyone because of the fibre and proteins, but I'm trying a little from time to time, and putting it in coffee when I avoid milk.

OP
B

barbwirehouse

tara said:
Peat has cautioned about unsaturated fats. PUFAs are the bigger problem, but monounsaturated fats also have one of the unsaturated bonds that can cause trouble. So MUFAs are safer than PUFAs, but you still might be better off not eating large quantities of MUFAs either, if I've read Peat correctly. So a little macadamia nut butter might be fine, but large amounts not so much - that's my take.

I got some coconut butter for the first time recently - delicious! Not for everyone because of the fibre and proteins, but I'm trying a little from time to time, and putting it in coffee when I avoid milk.

Thanks tara, in moderation it's fine it seems. Definitely better than almond butter though. :ugeek:

Xisca

Just my opinion, if someone can criticize it, great. Making a "butter" brakes the nut's emulsion, and we digest emulsified fats (that what bilis is doing inside). So I prefer to eat the whole nut.
I have planted macadamias and will get mines in a few years! I live in an almond place, so bad news about eating them any more...

Mauritio

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals