Is Looking Feminine Essentially Bad For Men?

Astolfo

What are Peat's thoughts on this? Is there any other way other than increasing the estrogen to look more feminine? Is estrogen definitely bad for us?

milkboi

It is confused thinking. It is like, "is looking blue bad for red?"

Nah, it's fundamentally different. Colors are just colors, they are not comparable to an infinitely complex and malleable thing like a living organism.

opethfeldt

It's well known that people who are healthier are more sexually dimorphic. It's not really "bad" to be feminine as a man but it's certainly not ideal for health. Most men in poor health will end up more feminine. I think it's better to strive to increase androgens than just accept your fate and become just another weak man. We need more strong men in the world.

schultz

Ray has talked about pedomorphism and how an "... organism's development, the juvenile stage, is preserved for longer and longer periods in the descendants, eventually becoming the normal adult type. Baby apes resemble humans, in body proportions and behavior, much more than adult apes do. The infant represents our evolutionary future." These characteristics could be thought of as 'feminine' I suppose.

OP
A

Astolfo

Well, what exactly do you mean by looking feminine?

Generally skinny body, larger hips, roundy and less angular face/chin, softer and whiter skin, brighter hair, etc.

It's well known that people who are healthier are more sexually dimorphic. It's not really "bad" to be feminine as a man but it's certainly not ideal for health. Most men in poor health will end up more feminine. I think it's better to strive to increase androgens than just accept your fate and become just another weak man. We need more strong men in the world.

It's just because I have recently discovered that I'm autogynephilic. No dysphoria, but I like this type of body features more. Is it wrong, do you think? Maybe not ideal for health but could be acceptable to a degree?

Ray has talked about pedomorphism and how an "... organism's development, the juvenile stage, is preserved for longer and longer periods in the descendants, eventually becoming the normal adult type. Baby apes resemble humans, in body proportions and behavior, much more than adult apes do. The infant represents our evolutionary future." These characteristics could be thought of as 'feminine' I suppose.

I'm sorry but couldn't understand much. May you explain it with easier words?

milkboi

Interesting thought. Females also significantly live longer, so that could also be a clue? That might just be due to the higher Progesterone levels, which play into "femininity".

But in our current society I feel like it is desirable to lose some of the playful childish/female (?) traits, and be responsible, earn some resources and skills and then going back to a more juvenile, free existence later in life.

Kunstruct

The fact that a man can have a massive beard is a highly masculine trait, dimorphic, yet definitely a feature which is for most women is not appreciated and even criticized. Even more I doubt most women even have any fantasy with anything related to some sort of facial hair on a man.
So I guess being a man can be unattractive for women.

Kunstruct

Generally skinny body, larger hips, roundy and less angular face/chin, softer and whiter skin, brighter hair, etc.

Very interesting, you didn't say no body hair is feminine and the lack of any facial hair is feminine.

lampofred

The fact that a man can have a massive beard is a highly masculine trait, dimorphic, yet definitely a feature which is for most women is not appreciated and even criticized. Even more I doubt most women even have any fantasy with anything related to some sort of facial hair on a man.
So I guess being a man can be unattractive for women.

Women find facial hair attractive. It's just unattractive when it comes with too much body hair, as it so often does. Body hair is a sign of declining progesterone/heat production.

Kunstruct

Women find facial hair attractive. It's just unattractive when it comes with too much body hair, as it so often does. Body hair is a sign of declining progesterone/heat production.

Why women tell men to shave then if they find it attractive?
I have been in so many environments and seen so many interactions and I have to say that I have seen everyone being happy that they are now shaved, "the girls will like them", "my wife is going to like that I've shaved" And even women who criticized between them the choice of certain men to have a beard.
I must say I have never heard positive things about beards from women.

Kunstruct

Interesting thought. Females also significantly live longer, so that could also be a clue? That might just be due to the higher Progesterone levels, which play into "femininity".

But in our current society I feel like it is desirable to lose some of the playful childish/female (?) traits, and be responsible, earn some resources and skills and then going back to a more juvenile, free existence later in life.

Are progesterone levels high in women?. According to a menstrual cycle graph, they are not high but only a part of the time.
Also once progesterone production stops, menstruation cycles stop, menopause sets in and post menopause, so for a long time of her life a women will have no progesterone.

opethfeldt

I have been in so many environments and seen so many interactions and I have to say that I have seen everyone being happy that they are now shaved, "the girls will like them", "my wife is going to like that I've shaved" And even women who criticized between them the choice of certain men to have a beard.
I know many women who are into beards. Some dislike it but even in the ones that dislike beards, I often see them with bearded men in the end. Beards are intimidating to other men. That's the purpose of a beard. It signals maturity and strength and allows for greater social dominance. Social dominance is basically just being less reactive to psychosocial stress than the other person. Looking more intimidating creates more stress on the other person. Social dominance is more associated with mating success than anything else.

lampofred

Because most thick beards are associated with high body hair levels, possibly baldness and are a sign of low progesterone. They can subconsciously tell it's driven by declining thyroid. Whereas if you can grow a beard while still looking youthful it's a sign of both sexual maturity and a good, high progesterone hormonal environment. I doubt women would object to a beard while still looking youthful, like this: The Weeknd shared by Denait on We Heart It

Last edited:

schultz

I know many women who are into beards. Some dislike it but even in the ones that dislike beards, I often see them with bearded men in the end. Beards are intimidating to other men. That's the purpose of a beard. It signals maturity and strength and allows for greater social dominance. Social dominance is basically just being less reactive to psychosocial stress than the other person. Looking more intimidating creates more stress on the other person. Social dominance is more associated with mating success than anything else.

Do you think social dominance is indicative of a healthier organism? If you were trying to optimize health in a people over generations, would you advise them to socially dominate other people in order to achieve better health? Or do you think cooperation would lead to a healthier group of people?

redsun

It's just because I have recently discovered that I'm autogynephilic. No dysphoria, but I like this type of body features more. Is it wrong, do you think? Maybe not ideal for health but could be acceptable to a degree?

I'm sorry but couldn't understand much. May you explain it with easier words?

You are not "autogynephilic", this isn't a real thing. Your natural instinct as a man is for intimacy with a woman. You get these thought disorders because this primal instinct is not satisfied. A healthy male looks, acts, and thinks(literally) like he is designed(by evolution or god, doesn't matter) to because his androgens and his overall properly functioning endocrine system make him act that way.

Of course you are going to "like" these feminine features more, because that is what all men are innately drawn to. To want to possess these features which are innately feminine is not normal however, it is important to understand and not get caught into mental disorders that perverted modern psychology says are okay. Thinking these things indicates the brain is not well.

But as for the features you mentioned, lighter skin is not innately feminine at all. "Brighter" hair isn't either. Blonde haired and red haired men are a thing. If you want to be skinnier you lose weight, be leaner with abs and just be in general smaller but more shredded. Cutting body fat is one thing though it doesnt make sense to say cut muscle as well.

Kunstruct

Dark hair is what the majority of humans on earth have naturally. Only a small minority are naturally blond on the planet, even most people with light hair that you see is dyed anyway.

schultz

"Brighter" hair isn't either. Blonde haired and red haired men are a thing.

Dark hair is what the majority of humans on earth have naturally. Only a small minority are naturally blond on the planet, even most people with light hair that you see is dyed anyway.

I think what @Astolfo meant was shiny hair, not lighter hair (correct me if I am wrong Astolfo). Dark hair can be 'bright' as in 'shiny'.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals