Is Looking Feminine Essentially Bad For Men?

YamnayaMommy

I think this feminine trend in Korea solely exists because it is pushed in media. Media=desirable.

Just like how in our culture (some decades ago) the hairy body type was pushed as masculine. Then heroine chic for women. Now it's morbid obesity for women that's being pushed.

...Actually nowadays everyone lives in a bubble thanks to social media and targeted content. You are a skinny low carb vegan, in your own bubble this is the image of health. Morbidly obese, same thing. Extreme exercise low body fat endurance training people, same thing.
This is hard to say without stereotyping, but ... Asian men are often seen as more feminine. According to common stereotypes, Asians are more feminine, Africans are more masculine, and whites are in the middle. This supposedly explains why highly masculine black men have more sexual success than feminine Asian men. And why purportedly masculine black women are less desirable than comparatively feminine Asian women. There have been studies on online dating preferences showing this.

Kunstruct

Do you think a frail female jaw, which actually I know many guys like because it is the opposite of manly, will result in having strong wide jaw male off springs, because "the trait women love is strong defined jaw without the beard to cover a weak mandible"? Chances are not, and chances those males if then further mating with another weak frail jaw female will pretty much make sure there will be frail jaw males.

YamnayaMommy

Do you think a frail female jaw, which actually I know many guys like because it is the opposite of manly, will result in having strong wide jaw male off springs, because "the trait women love is strong defined jaw without the beard to cover a weak mandible"? Chances are not, and chances those males if then further mating with another weak frail jaw female will pretty much make sure there will be frail jaw males.
Honestly I think there’s a big mismatch between value accorded to jawline by men and value accorded by women. I think the important thing is not having excess fat on your mandible. But almost any face shape can be attractive as long as the shape isn’t obscured by fat. There are lots of guys with round faces (di caprio, for instance) who are very good looking.

Zigzag

Women who like masculine men like a good beard, a beard is masculine only men can grow beards it signals high androgens.
This. Those primal instincts are still there deep down in our lizard brains. Majority of women want supermasculine men, with exceptional bone structure, high capability of building muscle mass, masculine face, perfect facial and scalp hair.
Just because they settle and marry average bobs and johns doesn't mean they actually want them.

GreekDemiGod

I think one should only grow a beard if it's dense and thick.
If you let your facial hair grow and it's not thick and dense enough, you'll look worse (think neckbeards)

Jasjeet

I am a woman, and this would be my opinion.

Good beard:

upload_2019-10-18_9-45-31.png

Bad beard:

upload_2019-10-18_9-45-44.png

Runenight201

This. Those primal instincts are still there deep down in our lizard brains. Majority of women want supermasculine men, with exceptional bone structure, high capability of building muscle mass, masculine face, perfect facial and scalp hair.
Just because they settle and marry average bobs and johns doesn't mean they actually want them.

Ridiculously short sighted response that fails to take the complete picture into account. Conflating physical desire with partner suitability. A view like this is sure to eventually leave any women dissatisfied over the course of a relationship.

Zigzag

Ridiculously short sighted response that fails to take the complete picture into account. Conflating physical desire with partner suitability. A view like this is sure to eventually leave any women dissatisfied over the course of a relationship.
Vast majority of women don't marry who they really want. Why? because those who they want are so high in value, they don't have to commit. Simple as that.

YamnayaMommy

Vast majority of women don't marry who they really want. Why? because those who they want are so high in value, they don't have to commit. Simple as that.
I think this is unfortunately true. And the trend is not looking good for men. As immigration and automation continue to drive down wages for men, there will be fewer and fewer men able to offer financial support for a family (what women also want and will settle for even if provider is short and fat). The future is going to be all women fighting each other over a tiny minority of attractive/successful men. Thanks, baby boomers.

ebs

Why women tell men to shave then if they find it attractive?
I have been in so many environments and seen so many interactions and I have to say that I have seen everyone being happy that they are now shaved, "the girls will like them", "my wife is going to like that I've shaved" And even women who criticized between them the choice of certain men to have a beard.
I must say I have never heard positive things about beards from women.

I think many women (the ones actually attractive to men instead of boys) would prefer some stuble.

ebs

I know many women who are into beards. Some dislike it but even in the ones that dislike beards, I often see them with bearded men in the end. Beards are intimidating to other men. That's the purpose of a beard. It signals maturity and strength and allows for greater social dominance. Social dominance is basically just being less reactive to psychosocial stress than the other person. Looking more intimidating creates more stress on the other person. Social dominance is more associated with mating success than anything else.

Entirely agree. Good analysis.

schultz

The only feminine trait you want is your skin appearance, which will make you look more youthful.

A nice full head of hair and increased longevity would be good too.

I think many women (the ones actually attractive to men instead of boys) would prefer some stuble.

I think stuble is generally liked by most women.

I think that when a man is healthy, vibrant and masculine, certain feminine features shine brighter at the same time.

ilhanxx

I think this is unfortunately true. And the trend is not looking good for men. As immigration and automation continue to drive down wages for men, there will be fewer and fewer men able to offer financial support for a family (what women also want and will settle for even if provider is short and fat). The future is going to be all women fighting each other over a tiny minority of attractive/successful men. Thanks, baby boomers.
this is true for also woman. Beautifulness is more important for men's eye. In my country turkey, men want to marriage with a russian girl. Biological clock process women's disadvantage. most of the world's countries, you dont have a baby without marriage. As I see; men dont want to marriage generally. sorry for bad english. my saying is out of the post.

ebs

What projections. There are certain traits that are universally attractive in both sexes. For men: narrow hips, wide chest and shoulders, thich neck, thick wrists, full head of dark hair, hunter eyes, angularity in face and capability of growing full beard.

I doubt women pay attention to wrist... Facial features, lenght and not being fat is what's most important. If that is in order, she's not going to reject you because of the size of your wrists. They don't look at men as if they are surgeons, they are far more insecure about how men look at them to worry about a guy's wrist...

lvysaur

Why women tell men to shave then if they find it attractive?
Women don't really find beards attractive--there was a study on this and it said that women by far prefer stubble, second after that was clean face, and far below that was beards.

So I think generally women like some sort of presence of facial hair, but once it's present, they don't really care--and too much is a turn off.