Is Life About Being Stressed?

paka

someone posted a ray peat quote here that said something like 'the nature of life is stress'

it makes me feel better about the years of sleep deprivation that probably lower my lifespan and aged me prematurely, and my insomnia, and failures =}

Mad

someone posted a ray peat quote here that said something like 'the nature of life is stress'

it makes me feel better about the years of sleep deprivation that probably lower my lifespan and aged me prematurely, and my insomnia, and failures =}

Lately I find the nature of my life being about learning to combat stress and still living (i.e. not crawling into a closet with my hands over my ears).
I think that's like a stage of enlightenment: to be able to live among life's stressors, even very successfully, and yet to not let them bog one down from enjoying a life of peace and joy.
But I'll tell you, I certainly haven't reached nirvana yet!
I do think step one is having acute awareness of stress and how it affects you.

InChristAlone

In the past yr I have been more focusing on nervous system regulation. We can handle acute stressors as long as we can learn to come back down again. Like animals do. They literally shake it off. We aren't taught that. And so many people just get stuck in a chronic state of stress and fight or flight, never really coming back to regulation. Life is a big wave, you have to learn to ride the waves!

miki14

Growing up in a very stressful environment I seem to function best in high stress situations but also need down time to recover. There is a saying in German that "nothing is more unbearable than too much of a good time". The problem is chronic stress, if you can´t turn off the switch.