Is Life A Game?

Vivin3BC

Is this world just a big game made by higher beings? The same way when we create videogames. A simulation.

What else could it be? We’re all suffering and dealing with depression until we die. All of us are looking for ways to become happy and fulfilled. We’re all on a quest to happiness.

Those at the top are happy and euphoric, while we lower class humans are in a constant battle.

All the competition, dominance games and so on.

Nature is cruel, nature is survival of the fittest.

What’s the point of all this?

Dean

I wouldn't be so sure those at the top are happy, much less euphoric.

Life could be a game.
Life could be a ride. (According to Bill Hicks)
Life could be suffering (According to the Buddha)
Life could be a projection. (According to Advaita)

Pick one or another one and run with it until you can't run anymore. Then pick up another one.

OP
Vivin3BC

Vivin3BC

I wouldn't be so sure those at the top are happy, much less euphoric.

Life could be a game.
Life could be a ride. (According to Bill Hicks)
Life could be suffering (According to the Buddha)
Life could be a projection. (According to Advaita)

Pick one or another one and run with it until you can't run anymore. Then pick up another one.
I really try to think life is a ride.

But then reality comes in the way.
All those innocent people dying young, all the rape and torture victims and so on.

Dean

All those innocent people dying young, all the rape and torture victims and so on.
Well, rides aren't always pleasant. You don't always know where they're going either. Or why you're taking it for that matter.

It's just a ride.

tankasnowgod

What do you mean by "reality?" Do you know a bunch of young people that are dying and a bunch of rape and torture victims? Does this make up the bulk of your social circle? Both close friends and family, and more casual acquaintances? Are more than 50% of the teens you know dying or dead? Are more than 50% of the people you know rape victims?

I know these things happen, but I think if you are getting this info from TV, social media, or even books, it can skew your views. What you are calling "reality" is a perception, and it seems to be a popular one that people want to believe.... and that some entities want you to think.

Also, if you really think life is a "ride" in a sense, I don't know why people dying young would be evidence against such a thing. All rides I have ever been on had an end, and obviously, life in this incarnation does too.

OP
Vivin3BC

Vivin3BC

What do you mean by "reality?" Do you know a bunch of young people that are dying and a bunch of rape and torture victims? Does this make up the bulk of your social circle? Both close friends and family, and more casual acquaintances? Are more than 50% of the teens you know dying or dead? Are more than 50% of the people you know rape victims?

I know these things happen, but I think if you are getting this info from TV, social media, or even books, it can skew your views. What you are calling "reality" is a perception, and it seems to be a popular one that people want to believe.... and that some entities want you to think.

Also, if you really think life is a "ride" in a sense, I don't know why people dying young would be evidence against such a thing. All rides I have ever been on had an end, and obviously, life in this incarnation does too.
That’s a good point. I don’t know any young people personally who have died/rape victims.

What makes you so sure that life is a ride/journey?

tankasnowgod

That’s a good point. I don’t know any young people personally who have died/rape victims.

What makes you so sure that life is a ride/journey?
Reading books like "The Kyballion" over the past year, and also some of Robert Monroe's books (highly recommended) and others. Plus, thinking about the idea of "death" logically. As Napoleon Hill put it, there is either something after death, or there isn't. If there is, it's just a change, and change isn't something to be worried about. If not, it's just like going to sleep, and sleep is nothing to fear, either. I'm fine with either possibility, but it doesn't make sense that there is nothing after this life. After all, even things we think of as "destructive" don't really "destroy" things, they just change form. A fire transforms wood into ash and energy, but at an atomic level, all the atoms are still here. So why would "consciousness" or our souls or spirits be any different?

Even Peat gave me insight in this regard, when he talked about "The Neutrino Sea."

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pdb_xOl3GJY&t=4067s

OP
Vivin3BC

Vivin3BC

Reading books like "The Kyballion" over the past year, and also some of Robert Monroe's books (highly recommended) and others. Plus, thinking about the idea of "death" logically. As Napoleon Hill put it, there is either something after death, or there isn't. If there is, it's just a change, and change isn't something to be worried about. If not, it's just like going to sleep, and sleep is nothing to fear, either. I'm fine with either possibility, but it doesn't make sense that there is nothing after this life. After all, even things we think of as "destructive" don't really "destroy" things, they just change form. A fire transforms wood into ash and energy, but at an atomic level, all the atoms are still here. So why would "consciousness" or our souls or spirits be any different?

Even Peat gave me insight in this regard, when he talked about "The Neutrino Sea."

Is trolling part of this realm?

tankasnowgod

Is trolling part of this realm?
Are you accusing me of this? Are you trolling yourself? Or, are you just asking about people being snarky on internet?

For the record, my response to you was serious, and I actually put though into it (even digging up a relevant Peat link). If you discount it, well, I guess we should end this now.

OP
Vivin3BC

Vivin3BC

Are you accusing me of this? Are you trolling yourself? Or, are you just asking about people being snarky on internet?

For the record, my response to you was serious, and I actually put though into it (even digging up a relevant Peat link). If you discount it, well, I guess we should end this now.
Haha no Tanka, I‘m not accusing you of trolling. Neither am I, I‘m just wondering what your thoughts on trolling are.

Why would a human being excessively troll?

OP
Vivin3BC

Vivin3BC

Tanka? I‘m serious.
I‘m thankful for your in-depth answers.

Hugh Johnson

Is this world just a big game made by higher beings? The same way when we create videogames. A simulation.

What else could it be? We’re all suffering and dealing with depression until we die. All of us are looking for ways to become happy and fulfilled. We’re all on a quest to happiness.

Those at the top are happy and euphoric, while we lower class humans are in a constant battle.

Yes. The point of this level, which is the most intense one, is to first individuate and then choose between "good" and "evil".
There are in truth no higher beings, and you are a volunteer. Not only a volunteer, you were chosen for this out of endless souls because you might be able to pull this off.

Anyway, you can keep trying to find happiness from the world, getting to the top and all. Go ahead, there is no wrong. And once you get tired of the struggle, look inside and let go. Happiness and joy and peace are within you.

oxphoser

I think the point is to find something to do that you love, something where you can put your energy and express your talents. Find a few people you care about and keep them close. Work to live, don’t live to work. You can steer awayfrom people who make everything about dominance. It is truethat the rules of nature can be cruel but I think nature needs our kindness.

supercoolguy

No, its not a fkn simulation. Thats some crap founded by an empirical & spiritually absent look on life "science". It follows the mantra of reducing life into a bunch of 1's and 0's. Hog-Wash.
Even if it was a "simulation", What are you going to do??

Its Not survival of the fittest, that was a concept continued by the Nazi Scientist to justify the regimes actions. They were later brought to the US and continued to support their "survival of the meanest" philosophy. Its a Narrow View to say the Least.
Anybody who takes that view to heart is asking for trouble. You're gonna miss all the supportive dynamics going on around you and in nature ever day.
A better view on that is: Sometimes you're ahead, Sometimes behind, But still I rise! that's what matters.

Theres definitely is some "class" bs going on, but since were not going to be Elite, just realize that "class" of ppl are often out of touch with humanity, Even their own. If it bleeds, then they can die just the same as anybody else.

All of this stuff is in RP interviews. Spanning well over a decade. Theres a section on here RPF, or
John Berkowitz has interviews labeled Politics & Science.

Heres some of my fav RP Non-political Clips. Ray Peat Clips at DuckDuckGo

Phosphor

Not having read the above because I have my own answer from my own experiences.
Yes life is a game, but WE are the higher beings who are creating it. I'll say that again: WE are the higher beings who are creating it.
Not sure where to send you, but I would suggest SuzanneGiesemann.com if you want to start to learn about what we are. You are SO much more than you think you are, and that is part of the game, finding out.

BearWithMe

You are looking at it completely wrong.

Yes life is a simulation, but "getting to the top" is absolutely not the goal.

Being "on the top" can't give you happiness or fulfillment.

Material possesions can't give you happiness or fulfillment.

You can't win by competition or dominance games.

Last edited:

Summer

Which of Monroe’s books would you recommend, especially in terms of practical application?

A

Adf

I honestly think life is a game, or more specifically a simulation, but at this point in time nobody can really say for sure what is right and what is wrong. Even the smartest human minds can just have a best guess.

For the past few years ever since I started meditating intently, I notice more and more 'synchronicities'. Basically, patterns in reality that suggests everything is connected, I see these multiple times a day on a daily basis. To me this suggests we are living in a constructed simulation.

Ancient religions believe in reincarnation, and all religions believe in a 'soul'. Spirituality calls it our 'higher self'. There are also amazing documented reports of children knowing themselves in their past lives.

IMO it is easy to believe that our souls or higher selves are simply the other person or being, one or more dimensions higher than the one we are in, playing us. Have you ever acted so impulsively that you questioned where those actions came from?

Imagine you're playing The Sims, you create a sim character. That Sim can do stuff and act on their own, but you, the player, are the soul of the sim character. You control it. When your sim character dies, you create another character. That new character has different traits, personality and background to the last character, but you, the soul are the same.

The children who remember their past selves could be playing in New Game + mode, where they retain some memory or ability of their past self.

On the note of nature being cruel, I believe it is simply to provide drama and excitement. For a game to be enjoyable. it needs some combination of drama, excitement, sense of progression. Whoever or whatever created our world intended it for this purpose. A video game with none of these aspects will never be enjoyed and serve no purpose.

That is my personal opinion of who and what we are. There existing beings in a dimension higher than us, controlling us like a video game, the same way we control the characters in our video games within a dimension lower than ours. If there is a God, it is simply the programmer of this simulation, the game developer.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Adf

Which of Monroe’s books would you recommend, especially in terms of practical application?

The Robert Monroe Institute has an amazing set of guided meditations called The Gateway Experience. This is what I use.

They teach you methods you can use to 'pattern' your life in this simulation. Or ask the simulation/universe questions which it will answer, and more.

There's even a declassified CIA document on it.

Dean

If we are just in a simulation, how would we be aware that we are aware we are in one? That would seem to indicate that we/you/I are not only the simulated, but the simulator as well.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals