Is lavender essential oil addictive?

TreasureVibe

Is lavender essential oil addictive? My friend says any sedative, the body adjusts to, making it addictive.

Is this true?

Thank you

LLight

I don't know. Seems like it not the case as after having used it a number of times (I did like the smell of it) its attractiveness diminished quite significantly for me. But that's the case for other essential oils too.
I did not notice any special sedative effect btw.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

I don't know. Seems like it not the case as after having used it a number of times (I did like the smell of it) its attractiveness diminished quite significantly for me. But that's the case for other essential oils too.
I did not notice any special sedative effect btw.
It helped her extreme muscle rigidity from past klonopin use so it definitely has a sedative effect. Did you use organic lavender essential oil? She uses organic.

LLight

Yes it's an organic EO.

But to be clear (I didn't say it in my first answer), I didn't consume it directly but just smell it from the bottle which is not the way it should be consumed I suppose.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Yes it's an organic EO.

But to be clear (I didn't say it in my first answer), I didn't consume it directly but just smell it from the bottle which is not the way it should be consumed I suppose.
She took a whiff and it gave her a sedative effect, taking away her muscle rigidity.