Is It Safe To Take Thyroid(T3)?

Astolfo

How much risk it posseses? I plan to give a try to triiodothyronine, maybe 12,5 mcg a day.

powerlifter

Taper on and look for the minimum dose that does what you want rather than the maximum dose you can tolerate and you'll most likely be in the clear
+1

Do not worry about risks (especially for mere 12.5 mcg, bodybuilders use 50-100mcg t3 in contest prep), our body naturally produce ~30 mcg t3, ~100mcg t4. Since its half life is about a day it would not cause any long term side effects if any.

OP
A

Astolfo

+1

Do not worry about risks (especially for mere 12.5 mcg, bodybuilders use 50-100mcg t3 in contest prep), our body naturally produce ~30 mcg t3, ~100mcg t4. Since its half life is about a day it would not cause any long term side effects if any.
Im 18 yo pssd patient. I asked because im not so old yet, i worry if it causes further metabolic imbalances and damage my thyroid gland. Do you think 15 mcg is an optimal dosage? What are some of things i should be aware and precautios of?

powerlifter

At such a young age you should not have much PUFA stored. Did you take your temperatures & heart rate in the morning? If they indicate hypothyroidism, you should see a doctor and get a thyroid panel to see if you need it or not.

OP
A

Astolfo

At such a young age you should not have much PUFA stored. Did you take your temperatures & heart rate in the morning? If they indicate hypothyroidism, you should see a doctor and get a thyroid panel to see if you need it or not.
My thyroid panel is ok. But i have shivers and am very sensitive to cold. I also gained significant amount of belly fat. I thought it would be a good idea to boost metabolism for a short time to clear out/reset things. What do you think?

powerlifter

Can you share your thyroid values. If that is not the issue then your diet might be the problem.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals