Is It Safe To Take Thyroid(T3)?

Astolfo

How much risk it posseses? I plan to give a try to triiodothyronine, maybe 12,5 mcg a day.

powerlifter

Taper on and look for the minimum dose that does what you want rather than the maximum dose you can tolerate and you'll most likely be in the clear
+1

Do not worry about risks (especially for mere 12.5 mcg, bodybuilders use 50-100mcg t3 in contest prep), our body naturally produce ~30 mcg t3, ~100mcg t4. Since its half life is about a day it would not cause any long term side effects if any.

Astolfo

+1

Do not worry about risks (especially for mere 12.5 mcg, bodybuilders use 50-100mcg t3 in contest prep), our body naturally produce ~30 mcg t3, ~100mcg t4. Since its half life is about a day it would not cause any long term side effects if any.
Im 18 yo pssd patient. I asked because im not so old yet, i worry if it causes further metabolic imbalances and damage my thyroid gland. Do you think 15 mcg is an optimal dosage? What are some of things i should be aware and precautios of?

powerlifter

At such a young age you should not have much PUFA stored. Did you take your temperatures & heart rate in the morning? If they indicate hypothyroidism, you should see a doctor and get a thyroid panel to see if you need it or not.

Astolfo

At such a young age you should not have much PUFA stored. Did you take your temperatures & heart rate in the morning? If they indicate hypothyroidism, you should see a doctor and get a thyroid panel to see if you need it or not.
My thyroid panel is ok. But i have shivers and am very sensitive to cold. I also gained significant amount of belly fat. I thought it would be a good idea to boost metabolism for a short time to clear out/reset things. What do you think?

powerlifter

Can you share your thyroid values. If that is not the issue then your diet might be the problem.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
haidut The "safe" Levels Of Thyroid Inhibitor In Tap Water Much Lower Than Previously Thought Scientific Studies 0
C Is It Safe To Supplement Metavive Without A Diagnosed Thyroid Problem? Ask For Help or Advice 12
P Is This Thyroid Supp From Whole Foods Safe? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 2
J Is Mirtazapine Safe With Potential Thyroid Issues? (Quick Help Appreciated) Ask For Help or Advice 10
mayweatherking Is It Safe To Rotate Thyroid Brands Temporarily? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 13
Q How safe is zeolith or clay? Ask For Help or Advice 5
S Is it safe to be around people who've had the vaccine? Ask For Help or Advice 24
R Safe amount of magnesium and zinc to supplement without messing up magnesium potassium and zinc copper ratio? Ask For Help or Advice 4
J Deca only cycles safe? Male Issues 4
bzmazu Mass Deception: Dietary Supplements Unproven, Experimental Vaccines Safe & Effective Rant or Rave 8
deliciousfruit Is pregnenolone safe for adolescents? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 4
S Activated carbon cookware safe? Ask For Help or Advice 0
N Safe To Use Infrared Sauna When Taking Methylene Blue? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 3
P Safe Candles? Red Light, Infrared, LLLT 4
fever257 HCG And Proviron - Are They Safe? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 8
I Red Light On The Balls What Dosage And Time Is Safe? Red Light, Infrared, LLLT 3
S Safe Sexual Lubricant Male Issues 9
J Is Magnesium Chloride A Safe Form Of Magnesium? Magnesium 30
S Is Pentoxifyline Safe? Male Issues 0
M How Much Potassium At Once Is Really Safe? Ask For Help or Advice 2
L Is Asparagus “Safe” To Eat? Vegetables, Grains, Legumes, Fiber 0
A How Safe Is Nasal Swab Testing For COVID-19 Ask For Help or Advice 7
F Is Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) Supplement Safe? Supplements 0
P Is There A Safe Way To Reverse Cavities? Oral Health 83
C Is This Essencial Tremor Compounding Remedy Safe? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 0
ursidae How Safe Are Immunostimulants? Ask For Help or Advice 14
A Are Polyphosphates Safe? Ask For Help or Advice 1
S Taking Vitamin E Regularly To Combat Peyronies Disease Safe? Male Issues 3
A Mussels, Are They Safe? Ask For Help or Advice 3
Hgreen56 I Need A Thermo Food Jar, Are These Safe? Additives, Cookware, Eating Out, Spices 0
J Safe To Take Vitamin K2 Every Single Day K 5
L How Much DHEA Is Safe Daily? Skin 26
C Is It Safe To Take High Doses Of B Vitamins? Ask For Help or Advice 23
T Is All-rac-α-Tocopherol Acetate Safe Of Toxic? Supplements 2
J Is Antibiotic Lymecycline Safe To Take? Ask For Help or Advice 0
dfspcc20 Safe Distance From 5G? Radiation 20
C Is Chewing Gum Safe? Sweets, Snacks 2
J Is Vitamin D Transdermal Safe Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 1
H Is It Safe To Give A 4 Year Old Girl Progesterone? Email Advice 15
E Are Adenosine Vials Safe To Drink? Ask For Help or Advice 7
S Are Penile Injections To Induce Erection Safe? Male Issues 4
J Safe Hair Products To 'hold' Hair Body Care 0
C Is Dhea Safe For Young People? Ask For Help or Advice 13
wealthofwisdom Safe Carbs? Diet 2
S Are Hair Fibres Safe To Use? Hair & Nails 0
C Are Pregnenolone Capsules Safe To Take Every Day? Ask For Help or Advice 10
J Are Oysters Safe To Eat? Diet 10
D Is Chinese Herb Fo-ti/He Shou Wu Safe? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 11
Brundle Is Peat-Friendly Mayonnaise A Safe Accompaniment To The Carrot Salad? Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 2
J Is It Safe To Treat SIBO/Dysbiosis Without Properly Being Tested For It? Digestion 6