Is It Safe To Give A 4 Year Old Girl Progesterone?

peateats1

Well I gave progest-E to my little dog a week or so ago, who is like my child, and she was uncomfortably panting all day. Poor little thing, I can't imagine doing that to a developing and growing child. Progest-E anesthetized me, read my post on Progest-E & Raw Honey High. Trust me it isn't for children. We all need to be careful about what we recommend for children. Experiment on yourselves.
I've been giving my cat progesterone for the last few weeks due to him having a life ending liver tumor. He has gone from laying lifeless under a lamp all day to exploring outdoors, meowing at birds, and eating his food again. He's 9lbs.

Ray has been asked several questions about this over the years, and I'm sure I've read accounts of parents using progest-e on children for various issues and it is nearly always therapeutic.

Moreover, I don't think it matters one bit whether or not @joshquintanilla has children or not. It's not a great attitude, being a parent doesn't automatically mean you're better or more knowledgeable than people who don't have children.

I personally would not hesitate to use it, even one second.
You don't fix normal. You are all looking at this little girl like they did sanatorium long ago. I am trying to be reasonable and help this parent to know her daughter is normal. My son had one large breast when he was in high school. I feared it was cancer, but the doctor said it was hormonal and normal, and that he would grow out of it. Certainly he could have prescribed something, just like the doctor could of for this 4 year old normal little girl, but they didn't. Even my 3 month old baby boy had a fun time grabbing his penis everytime his diaper came off. What are you all trying to fix here?

I've been giving my cat progesterone for the last few weeks due to him having a life ending liver tumor. He has gone from laying lifeless under a lamp all day to exploring outdoors, meowing at birds, and eating his food again. He's 9lbs.
And that is exactly the time to use something like Progest-E. Good for you peateats1 for being so discerning. I am really happy you found a way to bring your kitty back to life :)

mrchibbs

@Rinse & rePeat

Not trying to fix anything. I'm merely opposing the idea that it's somehow dangerous to use progesterone on young children.

The original post referred to a little girl who's excessively moody, has itchy private parts, premature libido and measured excess in estrogen.

You're implying that we're somehow against children being curious about their genitals, that's not it. A 4 year old should be curious, but should also be happy, and not have a constant desire to hump stuffed animals.

Considering these symptoms, and measured estrogen excess, applying topical progesterone (which balances out estrogen excess) is perfectly reasonable and should be expected to bring relief.

@Rinse & rePeat

Not trying to fix anything. I'm merely opposing the idea that it's somehow dangerous to use progesterone on young children.

The original post referred to a little girl who's excessively moody, has itchy private parts, premature libido and measured excess in estrogen.

You're implying that we're somehow against children being curious about their genitals, that's not it. A 4 year old should be curious, but should also be happy, and not have a constant desire to hump stuffed animals.

Considering these symptoms, and measured estrogen excess, applying topical progesterone (which balances out estrogen excess) is perfectly reasonable and should be expected to bring relief.
She says it tickles not itches. This is just endless nonsense. We that have opposed it are not saying it is dangerous we are saying leave her alone and let her body do it's job.

mrchibbs

She says it tickles not itches. This is just endless nonsense. We that have opposed it are not saying it is dangerous we are saying leave her alone and let her body do it's job.

I disagree.

I disagree.

When I worked at a daycare over 30 years ago I noticed quite a few children would do this at nap time. That doesn’t necessarily mean it’s normal but it was common. I initially found it shocking to be honest but my more experienced coworkers assured me it happened on a regular basis. I just figured I’d let you know. It might be good to research this and find out if it’s something that truly warrants concern. I honestly don’t know. I was told way back then to ignore it as long as the child wasn’t bothering anyone else or doing it at other times of the day.
Thank you for your response Blossom. You are a better diplomat than I. I know we all come from a well intended place :)

Mito

Hello everyone!
My daughter (who is 4) was born with high estrogen levels, the doctor knew because she had swollen nipples. Her doctor at the time said that we would wait it out and around 6 months the swelling disappeared so I thought nothing of it. I have successfully used progesterone for endometriosis and PMS and am wondering if it’s safe to use it for her also. She is very moody and unreasonably angry at times (almost as if she’s going through puberty). The more concerning issue is it seems she has a libido. At 4 years old! I catch her often humping her blanket or stuffed animals and when I ask her if she is itchy she just says that it tickles her private parts. I am very worried and am ready to try progesterone immediately however I am unsure if it’s safe at that age and since she doesn’t have a cycle yet when or how often would I give it to her??
Please advise!
If you’re interested in Peat‘s thoughts, he was recently asked about it…..at 48:13.

View: https://youtu.be/LZLAmwBObdA

If you’re interested in Peat‘s thoughts, he was recently asked about it…..at 48:13.

I believe you Mito. If you look back into the beginning of this thread you will see i think Progest-E has a very good place in a needy child's life. We are debating "fixing" normal. By the way I didn't hear anything on dosing a child with progesterone in that video. There was a little talk on giving a little thyroid to a child through food like fish head soup and milk. Where you pointed out for us to look was about men using it.

"Beyond that, many studies have found that the use of natural progesterone increases the child's IQ, typically by around 35 points (though there are claims of consistent 200 IQs), and produces personalities that are more "independent, individualistic, self-assured, self-sufficient. and sensitive" - Dr. Ray Peat"

The key word here is NATURAL progesterone.

Attachments

• 20210515_153129.jpg
    20210515_153129.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 20210515_153045.jpg
    20210515_153045.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 27

Mito

By the way I didn't hear anything on dosing a child with progesterone in that video.
48:18 was the time stamp in Danny’s notes but he doesn’t actually answer the question about children until 52:00.

He mentioned a heathy child probably produces 10 to 30 mg daily of progesterone endogenously.

Last edited:

Nebula

"Beyond that, many studies have found that the use of natural progesterone increases the child's IQ, typically by around 35 points (though there are claims of consistent 200 IQs), and produces personalities that are more "independent, individualistic, self-assured, self-sufficient. and sensitive" - Dr. Ray Peat"

The key word here is NATURAL progesterone.
Interesting quote from Peat. Do you have the source? Is he referring to mothers taking exogenous progesterone while pregnant, maintaining some upper normal level?

48:18 was the time stamp in Danny’s notes but he doesn’t actually answer the question about children until 52:00.

He mentioned a heathy child probably produces 10 to 30 mg daily of progesterone endogenously.
I listened to it and it is exactly what I have been saying, to be used when there is a problem, like premature babies to keep their brain growing, children with diagnosed thyroid issues and such. This 4 year old's doctor said she has estrogens going on, and most likely from her diet, like my son's swollen breast. Fix the root of the problem instead of playing doctor. That is the problem with our society, never addressing the root. I respect a lot of the people on this thread who suggested carrot salad and other logical first trys. I am most positive if I called Ray Peat and told him my child's diet isn't very good and she has estrogen problem because of it his first solution is not gonna be give her Progest-E. Now i'm gonna go get myself a big bowl of homemade ice cream :)

Interesting quote from Peat. Do you have the source? Is he referring to mothers taking exogenous progesterone while pregnant, maintaining some upper normal level?
I got the quote from Rick K. In Mito's interview post with Ray Peat, says it is good to dose with children who have been born premature or have had brain injuries. As a pregnant woman you are producing a lot already, since it use to be coined the pregnancy hormone, but I wonder if more could be beneficial being pregnant. That is a very good question?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals