Is It Really Possible To Ditch The Starch?

RPDiciple

Zachs said:
Yea ditching the candy for nutrient dense foods should help. Starch also is good for increasing metabolism.

Not much, maybe 60-90 grams of protein daily.

cool, that was a low amount of protein tho, since RP always talk about 80+ should be minimum

Zachs

Yea, high protein is pretty hard to get when only eating fat free dairy. But sugar is protein sparing so I figured 500+ g of carbs was enough for the low amount of protein.

RPDiciple

Zachs said:
Yea, high protein is pretty hard to get when only eating fat free dairy. But sugar is protein sparing so I figured 500+ g of carbs was enough for the low amount of protein.

sure is, you have skim milk tho :)

But again, it seems to have done wonders so it for sure worked.

In terms of just fat loss, did you notice other benefits from the experience in terms of getting ridd of estrogen, serotonin and all those hormones, energy etc etc

Zachs

Yes, it would have been cool to get blood tests done to see but I suspect a lot of stuff changed. Estrogen to test ratio for sure, I'm guessing co2 went up because breathing improved, blood flow was world's better.

Zachs said:
Westside PUFA, have a read of Weston Price's book, Nutrition and physical Degeneration. I believe there are 15 different groups studied, all of which showed remarkable vitality and all of which at a animal based diet, usually high in fat. The amount of starch consumed varied from some to virtually none. He even studied tribes who ate a heavily starch based diet compared to tribes like the Maasai, and found the animal based tribes to be superior in almost every way.

Anyway, yea. There are far more cultures, ancient and modern eating a high fat diet than just 2.

Did you know that Weston Price thought only one egg meets your total protein requirements for the day? That was he recommendation. He says so in Nutrition And Physical Degeneration. He also says in NAPD that he thinks starchy wheat grains should be a staple in the diet. I don't know the page numbers but it's there. As far as the purported fat content of their diets, I'll have to take a look at it again. Too bad it's not on kindle. The front cover quote by Mercola makes me squeamish though.

Zachs

I read that whole book and didn't read either of those things. You can find the book for free on scribd I believe.

Also I wouldn't read the book for Prices reccomendations, I also wouldnt follow WAPF reccomendations either. The point was how healthy all the people he studied were, the ones that ate mostly animal products.

Zachs

A update.

Attachments

• 20150728_104900.jpg
    20150728_104900.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 812

Zachs

Ok I can't quote my older pics but they are back a page. I'm updating this thread a month and a half later of swapping all my starch out for saturated fat. I'm happy to report that things are going amazingly well with this and I do believe i have settled on my permanent diet. The pic above is again just after waking, I havnt done any weight lifting or cardio, just fun stuff like biking, swimming, slackline, etc. I do occasional pushups and pull ups and muscle control which has been a constant. I think I'm somewhat leaner and more muscular than the tail end of my high carb low fat days as shown in the first pic but it's basically been just a constant that is really surprising seeing as I'm eating a LOT of fat daily for a few months now. I'm pretty positive that the initial pufa depletion has enabled me to eat this way without negative impact where as before I'd probably be 30-40lbs heavier by now.

RPDiciple

Zachs said:
Ok I can't quote my older pics but they are back a page. I'm updating this thread a month and a half later of swapping all my starch out for saturated fat. I'm happy to report that things are going amazingly well with this and I do believe i have settled on my permanent diet. The pic above is again just after waking, I havnt done any weight lifting or cardio, just fun stuff like biking, swimming, slackline, etc. I do occasional pushups and pull ups and muscle control which has been a constant. I think I'm somewhat leaner and more muscular than the tail end of my high carb low fat days as shown in the first pic but it's basically been just a constant that is really surprising seeing as I'm eating a LOT of fat daily for a few months now. I'm pretty positive that the initial pufa depletion has enabled me to eat this way without negative impact where as before I'd probably be 30-40lbs heavier by now.

That is cool bro
Could you give us a daily breakdown of macros and calories on regular days now? whats your stats in terms of height etc ? and activity level

Zachs

Attached is what I ate yesterday which is pretty typical. I'm 5,11 and 165 lbs. Activity level is average. I lay around a lot wherever I go, do a set of pushups almost daily or something. I walk a lot to get to places and bike a few times a week.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-28-12-56-57.png
    Screenshot_2015-07-28-12-56-57.png
    158.3 KB · Views: 1,141
  • Screenshot_2015-07-28-12-56-53.png
    Screenshot_2015-07-28-12-56-53.png
    115 KB · Views: 1,140

RPDiciple

lovely, that is alot of fat :) but great that its working so well.
And you feel metaboli rate, pulse, temp and calorie burning are the same as no fat high carb?

Zachs

That really is, it surprised me how much I was eating when I punched it in. But pufa is less than 10g or 2% of calories so it is still pretty ideal in that regard.

It's summer now and Iv beeN sweating like crazy so I can't say for certain that temps are higher but they are definitely optimal, pulse also is really good. I havnt experienced cold hands or feet in a long time. Calorie burn has to be at an all time high or else I'm just not utilizing a lot of the fat I'm eating but pooping is down to once or twice a day and I feel quite empty most of the time which is the biggest difference from the high carb days. I much prefer it. Energy is definitely better as well, I'm awake all day with no crash and nice and sleepy around bedtime.

tara

Hi Zachs,
Most of the fat is coming from the whole goat milk, right? And significant but lesser amounts from butter and chocolate, cashews?

One of the things that struck me was the large mismatch between your calorie intake, which from what you say is probably pretty close to your calorie burn, and cronometers estimate of your burn - out by almost half.

Nstocks

Zach, how do you feel now, on the higher fat diet compared to Paleo? Do you think the past few years of higher carb has repaired some VLC damage which has enabled you to eat more fat?

Also, how do you take glycine?

Gotta' love that raw goat milk, right :D

janus

Westside PUFAs said:
I recently read something about chips that was talking about how many chip companies actually use potato flour as the base of the chip, which is crazy. Thats not even a real chip. Thats nothing like a fresh potato fried in coconut oil.

What exactly is/are the problem(s) you see with potato flour? Curious on your view because I also eat lots of potato.

You don't actually think you can make Pringles by slicing a potato, do you :ss

narouz

Such_Saturation said:

There was a Pringle factory in the town where I went to college.
Yeah...there's a lot more too it. :lol:

narouz

narouz said:
Such_Saturation said:

There was a Pringle factory in the town where I went to college.
Yeah...there's a lot more too it. :lol:

Is the company which makes Pringles
Proctor and Gamble...?
P and G...?
Prin..Gle....?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals