Is it really possible to be skinny and hypothyroid?

mrchibbs

there are different stages in life. When one is younger, one is in a different metabolic cycle. After, everything relaxes more, which is not necessity a bad thing.

Not really. Many people experience low metabolic rates early on this year because of stress. My 87 y.old grandma has energy and appetite and doesn't experience this low body temperature.

Apple

what about the fact that creatures with high metabolic rate live short life? while those with lower metabolic rate live very long?

I don't think that is a real argument. Parrots have really high metabolic rates and live extremely long.

I would be happy to agree with Kris, just hate the idea that is there is something wrong with me based on basal body temp, which is not even accepted by medical profession.
Sloths officially have the slowest metabolism of any animal on Earth. They live for 20 (in the wild) to 30 years. Not so long...

Vileplume

I would be happy to agree with Kris, just hate the idea that is there is something wrong with me based on basal body temp, which is not even accepted by medical profession.
I think when you start to have health issues, you begin to realize that the medical profession gets a lot of stuff wrong, even on a very fundamental level. The medical profession has a glaring tendency to ignore all things metabolism in favor of, as Dr. Peat puts it, a "lock in key" approach to medicine. If you're depressed, take an anti-depressant to fix your brain. If you have high cholesterol, take this statin to lower it. If you have cancer, let's kill your cancer cells (and maybe your healthy ones too).

This mentality largely ignores the concept of a metabolic system, that the system heals itself when it has the energy to work well, so it doesn't surprise me that doctors aren't educated nowadays about things like diet and body temperature. To focus on these things would require a paradigm shift of the entire medical profession, and with this paradigm shift, the medical industry, biotech industry, and pharmaceutical industry would lose a lot of money.

It's a bit telling to notice that the average male's temperature has declined a degree over the last hundred years or so, correlating with the worldwide increase in basically every metabolic disease (diabetes, cancer, brain degeneration, heart disease).

Last edited:

Kris

Sloths officially have the slowest metabolism of any animal on Earth. They live for 20 (in the wild) to 30 years. Not so long...

I think Sloths do not exercise enough :). They live in the state of hibernation. I really trust RP opinions. He is great. But not all his ideas should be taken as absolute truths, but rather as relative truths. All I can say is that i am 60, my body is muscular, i have plenty of energy, rarely get sick. I tried all kind of things to make my temperature higher, but at the end, I trust my body. No need for higher temperature, but everyone is different. Here, when you go to any supermarket, they check your temperature, so having lower temperature is a blessing in disguise, or else they would diagnose me with covid :)

OP
RenaissanceMan
I think when you start to have health issues, you begin to realize that the medical profession gets a lot of stuff wrong, even on a very fundamental level. The medical profession has a glaring tendency to ignore all things metabolism in favor of, as Dr. Peat puts it, a "lock in key" approach to medicine. If you're depressed, take an anti-depressant to fix your brain. If you have high cholesterol, take this statin to lower it. If you have cancer, let's kill your cancer cells (and maybe your healthy ones too).

This mentality largely ignores the concept of a metabolic system, that the system heals itself when it has the energy to work well, so it doesn't surprise me that doctors aren't educated nowadays about things like diet and body temperature. To focus on these things would require a paradigm shift of the entire medical profession, and with this paradigm shift, the medical industry, biotech industry, and pharmaceutical industry would lose a lot of money.

It's a bit telling to notice that the average male's temperature has declined a degree over the last hundred years or so, correlating with the worldwide increase in basically every metabolic disease (diabetes, cancer, brain degeneration, heart disease).
Truth!

Apple

I think Sloths do not exercise enough :). They live in the state of hibernation. I really trust RP opinions. He is great. But not all his ideas should be taken as absolute truths, but rather as relative truths. All I can say is that i am 60, my body is muscular, i have plenty of energy, rarely get sick. I tried all kind of things to make my temperature higher, but at the end, I trust my body. No need for higher temperature, but everyone is different. Here, when you go to any supermarket, they check your temperature, so having lower temperature is a blessing in disguise, or else they would diagnose me with covid :)
I was wondering too, how peatarians are able to go to any supermarket with their temperature above "normal" , maybe that's why they are whining so much about pandemic :))

mrchibbs

I was wondering too, how peatarians are able to go to any supermarket with their temperature above "normal" , maybe that's why they are whining so much about pandemic :))

In most countries, there is no such temperature test, and ''Peatarians'' typically achieve a normal temperature of 98.6, so I don't think this applies.

Apple

In most countries, there is no such temperature test, and ''Peatarians'' typically achieve a normal temperature of 98.6, so I don't think this applies.
just kidding, their Infrared thermometers are useless anyway ... they always show 35 degrees
There were several months here when they didn't let you in into supermarket without temperature test.

Kris

just kidding, their Infrared thermometers are useless anyway ... they always show 35 degrees
There were several months here when they didn't let you in into supermarket without temperature test.

Here, they show 36+ but below 37. you need to get mercury thermometer to get the 'right' reading.

Kris

anyway, i think that one has to question certain 'hypothyroid' assumptions. I feel great having low temperature. So here is my theory (i am not saying it is right, it is just a theory). People who are sick or have many health issues, as many members here have, need to heighten their metabolism to repair their health damages. But a healthy person does not need such a high temperature. RP had many issues of that sort, so he constructed that ideology based on his own issues.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals