Is It Really All That Worth It to Eat Eggs Raw?

DMF

Are you healthier since you began eating eggs in the raw? If so, how, in what ways?
Would like to give it a try but reluctant.
Can giving eggs a 5-second boiled water bath get rid of the salmonella?

Gânico

All food but starches and vegetables are best while raw.

I'm a raw meat-egg-milk eater myself, never had any food poisoning, vomit, diarrhea, parasites, etc. But i used to have those illnesses with industrialized "sterilized" food.

Cooking will just destroy nutrients/biological properties, make it dry, generate toxic byproducts, and make it hard to digest.

And raw pastured eggs are one of the safest foods to consume in its raw state, as they naturally have innate antibacterial properties, even the supermarket's ones are ok unless they are spoiled.

Are you healthier since you began eating eggs in the raw? If so, how, in what ways?
Would like to give it a try but reluctant.
Can giving eggs a 5-second boiled water bath get rid of the salmonella?
I was having a raw egg yolk in a “Flip” and was happily surprised I couldn’t taste the egg, but I am with you that raw eggs, beef and sushi are getting too iffy nowadays, so I gave up all my raw stuff, even lettuce. I do think having raw meat and eggs had a bit of an invigorating effect though. I still drink some raw milk, can’t give that up.

Attachments

• B2267F59-35C1-4F80-A03D-E67FC0518265.jpeg
    B2267F59-35C1-4F80-A03D-E67FC0518265.jpeg
    250.6 KB · Views: 21

I'm a raw meat-egg-milk eater myself, never had any food poisoning, vomit, diarrhea, parasites, etc. But i used to have those illnesses with industrialized "sterilized" food.

Cooking will just destroy nutrients/biological properties, make it dry, generate toxic byproducts, and make it hard to digest.

And raw pastured eggs are one of the safest foods to consume in its raw state, as they naturally have innate antibacterial properties, even the supermarket's ones are ok unless they are spoiled.
I hadn’t heard about eggs having antibacterial properties. That is interesting.

“The three main barriers which protect the shell egg against bacterial invasion and spoilage are the shell itself, the adjacent shell membranes, and the albumen.”

“Live poultry can carry bacteria such as Salmonella, which can contaminate the inside of eggs before the shells are formed. Egg shells may become contaminated with Salmonella from live poultry droppings (poop) or the area where the eggs are laid.”

“Salmonella Enteritidis (SE) has been the major cause of the food-borne salmonellosis pandemic in humans over the last 20 years, during which contaminated hen's eggs were the most important vehicle of the infection. Eggs can be contaminated on the outer shell surface and internally. Internal contamination can be the result of penetration through the eggshell or by direct contamination of egg contents before oviposition, originating from infection of the reproductive organs. Once inside the egg, the bacteria need to cope with antimicrobial factors in the albumen and vitelline membrane before migration to the yolk can occur. It would seem that serotype Enteritidis has intrinsic characteristics that allow an epidemiological association with hen eggs that are still undefined. There are indications that SE survives the attacks with the help of antimicrobial molecules during the formation of the egg in the hen's oviduct and inside the egg.”

Gânico

Raw egg is not harder to digest?

Have you ever ate a raw egg? It is so quickly and well digestible you won't even feel it in your stomach.

If eggs digestion were improved by heat, boiled eggs wouldn't feel like a brick inside you, nor make you sluggish and gassy.

I hadn’t heard about eggs having antibacterial properties. That is interesting.
Yeah, i also didn't know it, and learned through Ray himself, he mentioned it in some interviews and emails exchanges.

Every raw food tend to have their own antiseptic properties, but some are more powerful than others, like raw honey and eggs.

"They have seen that the raw egg yolk killed viruses that other related chemicals weren't able to destroy."
- Ray Peat, KMUD: 9-20-13

CastorTroy

What about fish? Do you eat it raw too?

Yonebayashian

Literally ignore anyone who warns about salmonella it's such a meme.

As someone who's eaten hundreds of raw eggs and a good about of rotten raw eggs I think the primal people are way too extreme. The yolks you want raw, the whites are just better to have cooked but raw is still doable. Cooking is for making proteins more available, raw is for persevering nutrition.

Raw rotten eggs are my preferred form of egg but they're so resistant to rotting out can take like two months of sitting room temperature to go bad. The bacteria predigests everything while also preserving nutrition. They difference in taste between a raw and raw rotten (high) egg is the difference between grape juice and wine.

Previously cooked foods should never be consumed rotten, ever.

CastorTroy

If it is wild-caught from non-polluted areas, sure, but i don't bother searching for it. I tend to stick with grass-fed ruminant meat only as they are the safest.
I still consider wild fish to be slightly superior just because of that, by being wild. Even gras-fed ruminant meat is given some medicines-antibiotics and possibly other things we are unaware even if it's bio certified. For fish I try to use steaming which is the less heat invasive cooking.

OP
D

DMF

What about eating only the yolk raw - letting the white "roll" off it while pouring back & forth in & out of the two shell halves?
Would that be safe?

OP
D

DMF

I've given 'up on soft boiled, can't ever get it right with the timing - that's why I'm looking into raw

So you digest them well even with the egg white?
Yeah I do nowadays, but one a d, two scrambled might be a different story. They use to bloat me. I am thinking maybe they are digesting good now because I am buying corn & soy free ones this past two years.

Attachments

• 913FDBCB-4868-429A-A475-C57E7CB5B014.jpeg
    913FDBCB-4868-429A-A475-C57E7CB5B014.jpeg
    610.3 KB · Views: 21

Jennifer

I'm healthier with the inclusion of eggs in my diet, but wasn't any healthier consuming them raw. I ate a raw diet of meat (mainly grass-fed beef and wild caught fish) and raw eggs for a time and as of fairly recently, put raw eggs in my raw milk with some raw honey and vanilla and while I enjoyed the creaminess they added, I much prefer eating them (omlettes and quiche). The only foods I’m noticeably healthier consuming raw are milk and fruit.

GreekDemiGod

If raw would be the most natural and optimal way of eating, why do most humans have a strong aversion to eating raw meat or raw eggs?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals