Is It Possible To Regenerate Herniated Spinal Disc ?

ruprmurdoch

I saw on youtube kind of lecture by chiropractor John Bergman, where he is talking that spinal disc can regenerate but it takes 14 months. Is it possible ? I have herniated disc on l5/s1 level, I would like to see any studies that confirm this information about regeneration.

tara

Experts I saw said, IIRC:
- Most often they heal within 2 years.
- Keeping active helps, even if that means taking some pain relief to make it possible.
- So does avoiding the most damaging positions and movements.
- Interestingly, full disc prolapse often resolves more quickly.
- The disc may not be the same after.
- There are exercises that can help for some people, but not all cases.

bluefish

I herniated a discs in my neck. I was working w a phy therapist/trainer who was amazing, and now doing kinda random neck related feldenkrais method sessions I find on YouTube or elsewhere.

I’m new to this type of injury. I’m not able to workout and I get migraines sometime etc.

Are people saying the body can recover and heal or what’s the deal. Thanks.

I also ripped a small amount of cartilage in my shoulder. Lol. I guess that doesn’t heal.

belcanto

I herniated a discs in my neck. I was working w a phy therapist/trainer who was amazing, and now doing kinda random neck related feldenkrais method sessions I find on YouTube or elsewhere.

I’m new to this type of injury. I’m not able to workout and I get migraines sometime etc.

Are people saying the body can recover and heal or what’s the deal. Thanks.

I also ripped a small amount of cartilage in my shoulder. Lol. I guess that doesn’t heal.

You might look into stem cell therapy - my doctor placed stem cells in my husband's knee one week, followed by PRP into the knee the next week; at the time my husband had a torn medial meniscus, an ACL tear, chondromalacia, and osteoarthritis in that knee diagnosed by MRI. Following treatment he was pain-free for many months, then a little of the OA pain would come back, but it's been NOTHING compared to before the stem cell treatment. He doesn't have to use a knee brace all the time any more, and for the OA he rolls on a little CBD oil. He's golden!

There have been studies on stem cells for cervical vertebrae; I would look into getting it for my shoulder if it's still a problem.

I hope you're on the mend!

Mastemah

Yes a few months to a couple of years. Ive fixed a lot of them. With proper rehab you can be out of pain long before the disk returns to normal.

Kykeon

i got herniated disc with sequester in 2018 with excruciating sciatica, my right foot was limp for ~6-9 months (not really able to lift it up, could not really lift the toes).
Got better and better over time, regaining the ability to lift it and less sciatia.
It is fully healed by now, i can use my leg completely and only get sciatic pain when i slouch real hard.

i think i got it because i ate nothing but oats and whey for a week alongside with having my foot on the table 24/7 and also did squats and slept on a really uncomfy couch. Lesson learned i guess.
1635442080771.png
It can be healed, i could not walk without getting comments from friends why my walking is so crippled. mckenzie back exercises helped, but it took time and good nutrition to heal. I think collagen speed up my healing process but i can not confirm it 100%.

Driving with a bycycle seems to be helpful according to the therapist i went to.

Herbie

Ray thinks it needs progesterone and dhea to heal it.

I had x Ray and have herniated l3-4 and l4-l5 and couldn’t stand up really for over two years. Had to live in a Subaru for some time and drove taxis for a living.

Did Eldoa, chiropractors, physiotherapist, osteopath, did nothing but worsen the predicament.

I started doing the McKenzie press-up aka prone cobra but was too painful. it takes practice and body awareness to actually figure out how to perform it correctly and can’t be taught. I figured about a way never seen before. It’s the most useful thing to do for this injury because it pushes the fluid of the discs back inside it as long as your damaged it while bending forward. I had this common issue where the body holds the muscles around there tense all the time to protect against the past injury and takes different approaches to relax that, I don’t think it will heal until the body relaxes.

I ended up going through a strange phase but it healed it. I was putting heaps of progesterone and dhea in DMSO on the area of the dics and taking alkar seltzer, ibuprofen and paracetamol with beer over a few months, it healed. Been working as a car mechanic for a year now full time with no issues. And do the cobra once a month as maintenance.

Last edited:

DirtySkeeze

I had x Ray and have herniated l3-4 and l4-l5 and couldn’t stand up really for over two years. Had to live in a Subaru for some time and drove taxis for a living.

Did Eldoa, chiropractors, physiotherapist, osteopath, did nothing but worsen the predicament.

I started doing the McKenzie press-up aka prone cobra but was too painful. it takes practice and body awareness to actually figure out how to perform it correctly and can’t be taught. I figured about a way never seen before. It’s the most useful thing to do for this injury because it pushes the fluid of the discs back inside it as long as your damaged it while bending forward. I had this common issue where the body holds the muscles around there tense all the time to protect against the past injury and takes different approaches to relax that, I don’t think it will heal until the body relaxes.

I ended up going through a strange phase but it healed it. I was putting heaps of progesterone and dhea in DMSO on the area of the dics and taking alkar seltzer, ibuprofen and paracetamol with beer over a few months, it healed. Been working as a car mechanic for a year now full time with no issues. And do the cobra once a month as maintenance.
Where you buy your dhea and progesterone? Both of these are topical?

Ill check out mckenzie press up! Thanks

TheGoogler

What was special about your cobra variation? Would you be able to upload a photo or video demonstrating?

I have a friend looking for help with a slipped disc + herniation, these seem like great suggestions for him.

As an aside (from personal experience), a good way to learn proper posing of any kind is after taking some mushrooms. Your body awareness is heightened and fixing yourself/properly relaxing the muscles suddenly has a certain sense of enjoyment to it, as well as accelerated progress from the added focus.

Herbie

What was special about your cobra variation? Would you be able to upload a photo or video demonstrating?

I have a friend looking for help with a slipped disc + herniation, these seem like great suggestions for him.

As an aside (from personal experience), a good way to learn proper posing of any kind is after taking some mushrooms. Your body awareness is heightened and fixing yourself/properly relaxing the muscles suddenly has a certain sense of enjoyment to it, as well as accelerated progress from the added focus.
When doing the cobra, there maybe a stage on the way up where one feels pressure/pain/stiffness in lumber spine at that moment stop and breath in and out but focus on relaxing the lumber spine because it might be stiff and staying straight when it should be flexing in a curve, relax and exhale into the curve. (exhale as you focus on allowing the lumber spine to sink downwards) do this a few times then rest laying flat for a minute or more and do it again when feeling ready repeat this until your tired/bored or feel better.

Doing this repeatedly is so much more effective then just going up and down 10 times or Just holding in the top position.

Also focusing on position of neck and really flexing the lower and mid trapezius muscles and extending the thoracic as well.

I agree, it's important to have this focus and awareness of the body to heal it. I've experienced that with cannabis before as well.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals