Is It Possible To Keep Metabolism High And MTOR Low?

Starship

Hi everyone. I'm 30 year old Russian man. I've been on a semi-carnivore diet OMAD for a year and I feel good. Even if I'm going to be completely honest with myself -- I still feel pretty good every day. I definitely feel colder and less energetic but I don't perceive this as a bad feeling. I eat only beef suet, ground beef, beef liver, beef kidney, egg yolks, eggshells and some parsley. My sleep is also good. I supplement magnesium, collagen and I take Rapamycin for anti-aging and I do 7 day fasts. I want to live as long as possible so I'm absolutely convinced that eating like that is the bad way of accomplishing it. I believe in a research of Dr. Peat very much, so I decided that I will soon start eating carbohydrates.
Is it possible to have high metabolism and keep mTOR low? As I understand it is that we have limited number of cell divisions and it's hard to stay alive after we hit 100 if our mTOR was high throughout our life. Is it possible to keep high metabolism by eating one meal a day on carbohydrate diet? Or what is the best way of going about having high metabolism and keeping mTOR low?

Last edited:

redsun

Hi everyone. I'm 30 year old Russian man. I've been on a semi-carnivore diet OMAD for a year and I feel good. Even if I'm going to be completely honest with myself -- I still feel pretty good every day. I definitely feel colder and less energetic but I don't perceive this as a bad feeling. I eat only beef suet, ground beef, beef liver, beef kidney, egg yolks, eggshells and some parsley. My sleep is also good. I supplement magnesium, collagen and I take Rapamycin for anti-aging and I do 7 day fasts. I want to live as long as possible so I'm absolutely convinced that eating like that is the bad way of accomplishing it. I believe in a research of Dr. Peat very much, so I decided that I will soon start eating carbohydrates.
Is it possible to have high metabolism and keep mTOR low? As I understand it is that we have limited number of cell divisions and it's hard to stay alive after we hit 100 if our mTOR was high throughout our life. Is it possible to keep high metabolism by eating one meal a day on carbohydrate diet? Or what is the best way of going about having high metabolism and keeping mTOR low?

If you want to live long, get rid of unnecessary starvation type stress (OMAD) and enjoy your life. Are you seriously going to tell us you feel colder and have less energy and that's not a bad thing according to you?

That's called hibernation mode buddy. You are half dead already. Fasting being anti-aging is nonsense. If you want to live long, make it easy for your body to live. Eat all the macros, eat nutritious foods (which you seem to do well already), eat plenty of calories evenly spaced out throughout the day, and fill your life with enjoyment and avoid unnecessary stressors. That's how you live long. Eat plants and animal foods.

Insulin, IGF, mTOR, and all that good stuff is important to our health. Anyone who promotes mTOR inhibition or taking any other drug that inhibits important bodily functions is playing themselves thinking they are smarter than the human body.

OP
Starship

Starship

If you want to live long, get rid of unnecessary starvation type stress (OMAD) and enjoy your life. Are you seriously going to tell us you feel colder and have less energy and that's not a bad thing according to you?

That's called hibernation mode buddy. You are half dead already. Fasting being anti-aging is nonsense. If you want to live long, make it easy for your body to live. Eat all the macros, eat nutritious foods (which you seem to do well already), eat plenty of calories evenly spaced out throughout the day, and fill your life with enjoyment and avoid unnecessary stressors. That's how you live long. Eat plants and animal foods.

Insulin, IGF, mTOR, and all that good stuff is important to our health. Anyone who promotes mTOR inhibition or taking any other drug that inhibits important bodily functions is playing themselves thinking they are smarter than the human body.
And I need to minimize PUFA's of course! Thanks for reply.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals