Is It Possible To Increase Your Looks?

Runenight201

I feel the same. I'll get a day where I'm social, energetic and positive. Then I'll get another day when everything seems to be going terribly. All in all it's a positive change, because I'm wayyy better than I was before. I feel once I'm more healthy, the ups and downs will diminish and I'll be left with a steady flow of pretty good days. At least that's what it seems like its heading to.

Haha nice username!

I find it's helpful to jot down in a journal of some sort food, supplements, sleep, activities, etc that correlated to positive mood/energy states. I think it's easy to forget whenever a low energy/depressed state hits what exactly needs to be done to reverse it and feel better!

Haha nice username!

I find it's helpful to jot down in a journal of some sort food, supplements, sleep, activities, etc that correlated to positive mood/energy states. I think it's easy to forget whenever a low energy/depressed state hits what exactly needs to be done to reverse it and feel better!

Thanks man!

I do the same thing though. I'll write down what I take, what time, if I feel any better, what feels different, in what way. I used to do it much more often in the beginning, but being at this for like 2 years, I feel like I have a solid grasp of what helps and what doesn't, so I tend to make mental notes. Nothing beats writing it down though. That was a key for me.

MrBenjamin

Test determines the width of the jaw. I can actually pinpoint low test males by if they have the upside down triangle look.

The fact that you notice correlations between facial shape and testosterone levels that are strong does not mean that increasing your testosterone necessarily has a strong impact on the face. Both high adult testosterone and masculine facial types correlate with high prenatal testosterone. That is to say that the prenatal testosterone influences both facial shape and adult testosterone levels, so that the two correlate.
This is not to say that testosterone levels after birth cannot influence facial shape, but it's likely not as influential by itself as you might think just looking at people. I imagine it still has a significant effect, and can vary from person to person.

As for Wolff's law, from what I've gathered, Wolff's law does not have a significant influence on bone size after the teenage years. It still has a notable impact, but the impact in adulthood is on the internal structure of the bone, not on it's size.

The bone is breaking down and building throughout life and is dependent on a variety of hormones. Some hormones show very strong impact even in adulthood, and I'd be willing to bet it has to do with the combination of specific hormones working together to influence structure and growth. I think you are right to mention growth hormone as an influential factor. Perhaps if growth hormone and testosterone were both increased, a notable effect would occur in adults. My guess is that most of the decrease in bone growth after puberty is not because of growth plates, which would only impact things like leg length, but because of the massive decrease in growth hormone that occurs in early adulthood. Because of the lower growth hormone, the impact of the testosterone on structure decreases because there is less bone growth for it to influence. If people increased both hormones, I imagine the effect would be much more noticeable than either by itself.

Of course, those studies on growth hormone increase by exercise only show short term increases, from what I remember seeing.
Did you see a study showing an increase in resting growth hormone levels from exercise?
And I'm quite certain milk has only tiny levels of igf-1; not enough to be noticeable when consumed by humans.

baccheion

The fact that you notice correlations between facial shape and testosterone levels that are strong does not mean that increasing your testosterone necessarily has a strong impact on the face. Both high adult testosterone and masculine facial types correlate with high prenatal testosterone. That is to say that the prenatal testosterone influences both facial shape and adult testosterone levels, so that the two correlate.
This is not to say that testosterone levels after birth cannot influence facial shape, but it's likely not as influential by itself as you might think just looking at people. I imagine it still has a significant effect, and can vary from person to person.

As for Wolff's law, from what I've gathered, Wolff's law does not have a significant influence on bone size after the teenage years. It still has a notable impact, but the impact in adulthood is on the internal structure of the bone, not on it's size.

The bone is breaking down and building throughout life and is dependent on a variety of hormones. Some hormones show very strong impact even in adulthood, and I'd be willing to bet it has to do with the combination of specific hormones working together to influence structure and growth. I think you are right to mention growth hormone as an influential factor. Perhaps if growth hormone and testosterone were both increased, a notable effect would occur in adults. My guess is that most of the decrease in bone growth after puberty is not because of growth plates, which would only impact things like leg length, but because of the massive decrease in growth hormone that occurs in early adulthood. Because of the lower growth hormone, the impact of the testosterone on structure decreases because there is less bone growth for it to influence. If people increased both hormones, I imagine the effect would be much more noticeable than either by itself.

Of course, those studies on growth hormone increase by exercise only show short term increases, from what I remember seeing.
Did you see a study showing an increase in resting growth hormone levels from exercise?
And I'm quite certain milk has only tiny levels of igf-1; not enough to be noticeable when consumed by humans.
It seems related to growth hormone. Testosterone, DHT, androgenicity:estrogenicity, etc mainly have to be above a threshold to properly bias the actions of HGH/IGF-1. One risk with the larger amounts of HGH required after puberty (~10x the therapeutic amount) is triggering acromegaly.

In theory, only long bones are unable to grow in length after puberty. Males tend to experience continual (though slow) widening and thickening until andropause.

Last edited:

Light

@Prosper posted this in another thread:
Orthotropics

I'ts really interesting stuff, someone else on this thread mentioned Mewing

There are also people on the forum talking about vitamin K2 as shifting the bones in the face... Dunno about that yet

Last edited:

baccheion

Orthotropics

There are also people on the forum talking about vitamin K2 as shifting the bones in the face... Dunno about that yet

After taking it for almost a year (15 mg or 30 mg), my brow ridges are more pronounced. On the other hand, I'm not sure if it's due to increased bone mass ("bone widening") or less fat/water (lower estrogen).

Herbie

Orthotropics

The video is a bit of an issue, his shirt is too big, he has a pencil neck, mouth breather and the lady in the photo has forward head posture and doesn't seem to have a cervical curve, he looks a bit like a pow, he's not trustworthy and doesn't have the full scope of the body in my opinion.

Light

After taking it for almost a year (15 mg or 30 mg), my brow ridges are more pronounced. On the other hand, I'm not sure if it's due to increased bone mass ("bone widening") or less fat/water (lower estrogen).
Oh wow, that's so interesting. I saw stuff about K2 influencing children's facial development,
but to change an adult's face... that really opens up the mind to new possibilities...

The video is a bit of an issue, his shirt is too big, he has a pencil neck, mouth breather and the lady in the photo has forward head posture and doesn't seem to have a cervical curve, he looks a bit like a pow, he's not trustworthy and doesn't have the full scope of the body in my opinion.
I agree he doesn't look too impressive in this video, but in the other one he's cleanly shaved and he has a symmetrical and fairly attractive face.
The before and after photos pics of the kids got to me, i've been pushing my tongue to the roof of my mouth for the past 48 hours, and for the first time in a while I slept through the night without getting a stuffed nose.

Herbie

Oh wow, that's so interesting. I saw stuff about K2 influencing children's facial development,
but to change an adult's face... that really opens up the mind to new possibilities...

I agree he doesn't look too impressive in this video, but in the other one he's cleanly shaved and he has a symmetrical and fairly attractive face.
The before and after photos pics of the kids got to me, i've been pushing my tongue to the roof of my mouth for the past 48 hours, and for the first time in a while I slept through the night without getting a stuffed nose.

The tongue is supposed to rest on the roof of the mouth naturally and when lifting anything it should go firmly pressed against roof of mouth.

Light

The tongue is supposed to rest on the roof of the mouth naturally and when lifting anything it should go firmly pressed against roof of mouth.
Yeah. If your avatar is really a pic of you than you seem to have a good jaw line, so you probably do it naturally,
I noticed I only had the tip of my tongue stuck to the roof and the rest laying on the bottom.
He makes a point about minding the back third of the tongue.

MrBenjamin

Vitamin k2 mk-4 affects bones in vitro, osteoblast formation. From what I saw, it looks like it could increase bone growth in vitro. Studies I saw were on Mk-4, not the mk-7 version. Oral bioavailability of mk-4 is quite low, transdermal would probably be higher because of the fat solubility. Interestingly some people on here have mentioned taking it through the skin.

EDIT: Pretty sure Mike Mew has repeatedly said his posture exercises aren't likely to work very well in adults.
Not to say it couldn't if you changed other things also. I just think that posture alone won't have a large effect.
With regards to all of these things, my guess is that the best effects would result from changing multiple variables, not just one simple technique. I'd also be willing to bet that assumptions on age are based on generalizations, not on the body having some rule that everything definitively stops at a certain age, which is how some people discuss it.

Last edited:

Herbie

Yeah. If your avatar is really a pic of you than you seem to have a good jaw line, so you probably do it naturally,
I noticed I only had the tip of my tongue stuck to the roof and the rest laying on the bottom.
He makes a point about minding the back third of the tongue.

It’s not me in the profile, thats a character off a tv show. this photo is of me, yes fortunately, Ive always breathed through my nose and tongue placement is good but I learnt about this stuff when I was at the chek institute and continued to learn things and be curious. The things I have learnt and done have allowed me to maintain relative health.

What I have found is if I relax my tongue and let it fall down, my jaw falls down and my mouth opens, only slightly, I think this is how people start to mouth breath. Im thinking about how the mouth breathing begins as this may give insight on how to reverse it, its complex but could become simple with more learning.

What I have observed happening is when the spinal alignment goes out of the natural S curve the head will fall forward and the rib cage falls forward blocking the diaphragm and organs in the torso and the thyroid gland falls out of the front of the neck losing the jaw line, due to gravity and shallow breathing occurs because the diaphragm cannot function correctly, the muscles seem to get weak and let go in the neck which allows that to occur. Most people will think I should do exercises to strengthen the neck muscles but its a systemic/holistic problem that involves all the organs. Often the rectus abdominous, get tight bringing the rib cage closer to the pelvis (the abs, its one muscle, the six pack abs is shaped from facia)

Im not sure where it starts, I am suspicious of inflammation from food occurring in the large intestine and starting the problems as I believe the body is electric and when the electrics run low, gravity begins to push the body into the ground, slowly towards the worms. if the metabolism is strong and the body can use energy from food it will over power the gravity and stand straight and tall, this involves the organs being able to function well and I am thinking about this as I see many people eating very well but still having problems and not making fast recoveries.

This jaw line issue is not caused by being overweight because it happens to fairly skinny people and obese people.

IMG_E1748 (1).jpg

Last edited:

Runenight201

It’s not me in the profile, thats a character off a tv show. this photo is of me, yes fortunately, Ive always breathed through my nose and tongue placement is good but I learnt about this stuff when I was at the chek institute and continued to learn things and be curious. The things I have learnt and done have allowed me to maintain relative health.

What I have found is if I relax my tongue and let it fall down, my jaw falls down and my mouth opens, only slightly, I think this is how people start to mouth breath. Im thinking about how the mouth breathing begins as this may give insight on how to reverse it, its complex but could become simple with more learning.

What I have observed happening is when the spinal alignment goes out of the natural S curve the head will fall forward and the rib cage falls forward blocking the diaphragm and organs in the torso and the thyroid gland falls out of the front of the neck losing the jaw line, due to gravity and shallow breathing occurs because the diaphragm cannot function correctly, the muscles seem to get weak and let go in the neck which allows that to occur. Most people will think I should do exercises to strengthen the neck muscles but its a systemic/holistic problem that involves all the organs.

Im not sure where it starts, I am suspicious of inflammation from food occurring in the large intestine and starting the problems as I believe the body is electric and when the electrics run low, gravity begins to push the body into the ground, slowly towards the worms. if the metabolism is strong and the body can use energy from food it will over power the gravity and stand straight and tall, this involves the organs being able to function well and I am thinking about this as I see many people eating very well but still having problems and not making fast recoveries.

This jaw line issue is not caused by being overweight because it happens to fairly skinny people and obese people.

View attachment 11044

Yesterday I noticed something that corroborates very well with what you stated. I had just finished about 30 minutes of crawling patterns and also doing push ups making sure my head was tilted up facing the horizon (I was careful not to overextend here). After doing all this I felt much more upright, and I’m certain all the crawling with my head up and push ups as well had worked to reduce my thoracic kyphosis as well as place my head more directly on top of my shoulders instead of jutting forward.

What I noticed is that my breathing became much, much easier, and later when I had my dinner, my digestion was even improved, and I was able to eat more food, getting the sufficient amount of calories I needed to actually get a solid 8 hours of sleep and not wake in the middle of the night hungry, which hasn’t happened for a while.

I think that the constant sitting most people do atrophies the intrinsi stabilizing muscles, which leads to compression of the internal organs such as the stomach, spleen, liver, lung which causes suboptimal functioning and health problems related towards breathing, detoxifying, digesting, etc....

Reversing this atrophy through functional movement patterns such as crawling,as well as focusing on stretching out and decompressing the body through hanging on pull up bars, inverted tables, yoga postures, etc..., realigns the body so that the organs aren’t compressed and function optimally.

I also noticed that night that for the first time, both my eyes were wide open, and my squinty/lazy right eye had completely gone away. My eyes were also bloodshot, not sure what’s going on there, but I’m theorizing increased blood flow to head.

The next day tho it returned :( but at least I’ve found part of the piece of the puzzle, and now realize the importance of proper posture and movement.

Herbie

Yesterday I noticed something that corroborates very well with what you stated. I had just finished about 30 minutes of crawling patterns and also doing push ups making sure my head was tilted up facing the horizon (I was careful not to overextend here). After doing all this I felt much more upright, and I’m certain all the crawling with my head up and push ups as well had worked to reduce my thoracic kyphosis as well as place my head more directly on top of my shoulders instead of jutting forward.

What I noticed is that my breathing became much, much easier, and later when I had my dinner, my digestion was even improved, and I was able to eat more food, getting the sufficient amount of calories I needed to actually get a solid 8 hours of sleep and not wake in the middle of the night hungry, which hasn’t happened for a while.

I think that the constant sitting most people do atrophies the intrinsi stabilizing muscles, which leads to compression of the internal organs such as the stomach, spleen, liver, lung which causes suboptimal functioning and health problems related towards breathing, detoxifying, digesting, etc....

Reversing this atrophy through functional movement patterns such as crawling,as well as focusing on stretching out and decompressing the body through hanging on pull up bars, inverted tables, yoga postures, etc..., realigns the body so that the organs aren’t compressed and function optimally.

I also noticed that night that for the first time, both my eyes were wide open, and my squinty/lazy right eye had completely gone away.

The next day tho it returned :( but at least I’ve found part of the piece of the puzzle, and now realize the importance of proper posture and movement.

Well done.

Yeah absolulty correct about the sedentary lifestyle causing the muscles to relax and switching everything back on will hold the body together.

Yeah I thought your eye was caused by this postural imbalance.

Another thing is I learnt about was infant development and how we develop these muscles when we crawl as infants and now parents put the kids in cages and things and hinders this development. Crawling is good for adults.

brix

I'm almost certain increasing testosterone (/androgens) is all that's required to become successful with women. There are many women in the world. With higher testosterone, the "1 in 10 say yes" rule begins to apply. It would obviously be better if higher since puberty, but a study showed women are mainly attracted to masculine features while ovulating.

My T is on the lower end (400s) and girls have always been into me. Doubt it is tied to just one hormone.

baccheion

My T is on the lower end (400s) and girls have always been into me. Doubt it is tied to just one hormone.
It can be very involved and there are many approaches. Based on one study, women only show a bias toward stereotypically masculine features during ovulation. Increasing testosterone is one approach that will likely work, even if only due to increased confidence.

Is your estrogen also low? Free testosterone? Have you always had lower testosterone?

Women with higher testosterone tend to be attracted to males with higher estrogen (feminine), women with higher estrogen tend to be attracted to males with higher testosterone (masculine), and women with higher progesterone tend to be attracted to "effeminate" males ("someone to provide for the child").

How would you describe the personality and appearance (larger/smaller breasts/butt/hips, etc) of women you typically attract?

Ulysses

Yes, you can improve your looks by not thinking about your looks, focusing on what's directly at hand, and prioritizing novelty, spontaneity and joy.