Is It Possible To Increase Your Intelligence?

If you were to look at many conventionally successful people I think you'd find many of them have high IQ. The anxiety and overthinking come from imbalanced metabolism, which is perhaps associated with the genesis of abnormally intelligent individuals for whatever reason. A properly functioning "higher intelligence" will certainly consider more options in a given situation, but it will integrate the information smoothly and pick a course of action with the same ease as anybody would.

L

lollipop

If you were to look at many conventionally successful people I think you'd find many of them have high IQ. The anxiety and overthinking come from imbalanced metabolism, which is perhaps associated with the genesis of abnormally intelligent individuals for whatever reason. A properly functioning "higher intelligence" will certainly consider more options in a given situation, but it will integrate the information smoothly and pick a course of action with the same ease as anybody would.
This.

Travis

I think high serotonin is largely responsible for modern day Rationalism (Ray Peat's definition of Rationalism).
I was thinking the same thing the other day.

Have you tried reading my posts?
Microtubules are 100% protein, but I'm not sure how many of them have a lipid coat in vivo. They are found in both myelinated and unmyelinated nerves.

Below are oleic acid phospolipids on a microtubule. The phospho- group is positively charged and is attracted to the microtubule:
View attachment 5944
To give an idea of scale, the diameter of a microtubule is ~250 Å.
View attachment 5942
And the length of the the lipid is hard to calculate because oleic acid has a kink and the experimenters didn't even mention if it was cis or trans. We can use trigonometry and published bond lengths to estimate cis-oleic phospholipid at around 25.4 Å.* So they are barely visible in the ↑above micrograph, about ¹⁄₁₀ the size of the microtubule.

So it's difficult to see if they are actually lipidated in vivo. I don't know if the micrograph below had been defatted or not, as I couldn't find the original citation. This was prepared for electron microscopy so any lipids were probably removed during fixing, leaving the bare protein skeleton.
View attachment 5943
So I'm not really sure if they usually have a lipid coat or not. These things are so small that they are hard to image. Raman spectroscopy could probably find out since you can image live cells and use the IR spectrum of the phosphoester bond to see if it's present. I don't think this has been done. I can't find anything on this.

Most papers deal with the inside of the tubules. An interesting paper is called Detection of Tryptophan to Tryptophan Energy Transfer in Proteins.

Photons can fluoresce from one tryptophan (indole) to another. The acceptor indole can the re-emit the photon. If they are close enough, then there is very little energy wasted in the transition. This is called Förster resonance energy transfer.

This is the most plausible mechanism of nerve transmission throughout the body. Microtubules are directly coupled to mitochondria which could act as the energy source to excite the indoles.
View attachment 5945
This is a micrograph of microtubules stained with fluorescent antibodies. These are like nerves within nerves and the true carriers of information.

I made the analogy of microtubles to fiber optic cables, only to realize that this has already been done. Perhaps the best article is called EMISSION OF MITOCHONDRIAL BIOPHOTONS AND THEIR EFFECT ON ELECTRICAL ACTIVITY OF MEMBRANE VIA MICROTUBULES. This in interesting and was authored by a physicist who uses the Schrödinger Wave Equation to model waveforms inside of microtubules. He even compares his calculated waves to actual EEG readings.

However, he makes no mention of the word "indole" or "tryptophan" even once. Since these are the things which actually guide the biophotons—and not the diameter of the microtubule—I think the mathematical foundation should be laid using the
Förster resonance energy transfer equations.

Biophotons are a reality and have been measured emanating from living cells. Sometimes this is called 'ultraweak emission'.

What is interesting about psychedelic molecules is that there psychedelic potency correlates with their highest occupied molecular orbital. Nothing else correlates. This makes the idea of a protein receptor—which fits in a lock-and-key manner depending on the molecule's shape—seem wrong in this case.† Psychedelics seem to be able to donate electrons to the inside of the microtubules or affect the wave frequency or amplitude in some way. Anesthetics seem to be capable of quenching photonic transmission.

Great stuff. You seem to know a lot on this subject.

Presuming it existed, how would you explain reincarcation using what you know about human consciousness? My assumption was that somehow the consciousness of the recently deceased was transmitted along the Schumann resonance until it found another receiver (child being born) and the cycle was restarted.

I reckon it has something to do with frequencies and resonance

passivity

Legit.

Travis

Presuming it existed, how would you explain reincarcation using what you know about human consciousness?
These trytophan-to-tryptophan biophoton emissions inside of microtubules are essentially light. Tryptophan (indole) fluoresces with blue light. The only way to explain nerve transmission—in my opinion—is through the inside of these microtubules.

I don't think anyone can explain exactly why light inside of the brain leads to consciousness (or reincarnation). Some people try with "quantum states" of the electrons/photons and such. I think one would have to read the classic double-slit experiments and David Bohm's experiments to see if quantum nonlocality is actually real. It's officially accepted, but it's bizarre and some intelligent people seem to disagree with it. I could be a unicorn.

I quantum nonlocality is real, then I think reincarnation could be possible. Terrence McKenna said that certain Amazonian shamans said that DMT allows you to see entities in the afterlife. I'm not sure what to make of that. Most people think that psychedelics just "mess you up". Maybe I'll take DMT someday and find out. If you are really interested in reincarnation, maybe reading about DMT is worthwhile. You can probably make it yourself from tryptophan. Just call it "modified amino acid supplement" so it doesn't sound like you're doing anything illegal.

dmt.png

When I took LSD as a teenager, I was convinced that there was something to it more that just a mere delusion. I think it can be helpful. There have been a few Nobel Prize winners who took LSD.

I think melatonin is misunderstood. I think it could just be a byproduct from detoxifying serotonin. It has an acetyl group to make it more water-soluble and sometimes it can be found with a sulfoxy group at the 6 position.

Melatonin does have it's own effects, but I think it evolved primarily as a mechanism to detoxify serotonin at night allowing the blood vessels to relax and repair.

While in most tissues MTs exhibit growth, catastrophe (shrinkage) and tread-milling movement, they are less dynamic in neurons, largely because of the stabilizing effect of MAPs. However, rearrangement of the MT cytoskeleton does take place during learning. Learning has been shown to correlate with an increase in MTs [16], and to be impaired by the MT polymerization inhibitor colchicine [17–20], indicating that learning relies on dynamic MTs.
MICROTUBULE IONIC CONDUCTION AND ITS IMPLICATIONS FOR HIGHER COGNITIVE FUNCTIONS
Journal of Integrative Neuroscience, Vol. 9, No. 2 (2010) 103–122

Last edited:

Travis

The arrogance is yours for assuming I haven't read his "theory". Well I have read his paper, and it's complete crackpot garbage. Nowhere does it state anything that can be examined with scientific inquiry, it's just reiterating and attempting to justify intelligent design aka creationism. Hence my comment on it being dressed-up creationism, in annoyingly obscure language (it seems almost purposely obscure perhaps because either Langan is sloppy with his reasoning or maybe he just enjoys being completely unclear to maintain his image of superiority). I know of plenty of smarter people that write much more clearly than this guy). The full paper is freely available online:
I have to agree. Langan does not have a physical theory. This one here is much better: Full Title: Fundamental Electro-Magneto-Mechanics (FEMME) Article Type: Original Article

Even though the author uses commas funny and regularly juxtaposes hyphens(-), en dashes(–), and em dashes(—) as if they were all the same thing (and uses German „quotation marks“), I could find no real errors in it (except for equation #9 which has what looks like a typo). I might have to get a pen and a piece of paper to check all of it and read the Pound-Rebka Experiment, the results of which are allegedly in agreement with his theory.

Basically, he says that an electron is actually two photons that are trapped whirling together. He treats his Planck-like photon equations as primary and successfully derives The Law of Universal Gravitation and Newton's Laws of Motion from them. He also has new equations for relativistic time dilation and length contraction.

I think this could help explain photosynthesis. If you look at the balanced chemical equation for photosynthesis, you will see a problem:

6CO₂ + 6H₂O ⟹ C₆H₁₂O₆ + 6O₂

Count the total valence electrons on each side....

6(16) + 6(8) ⟹ 54 + 6(12)

96 + 48 ⟹ 54 + 72

144 ⟹ 126

We're missing 18 electrons, or 36 photons, which ostensibly come from the Sun. The photosynthetic equation should then be written as:

6CO₂ + 6H₂O + 18e⁻ ⟹ C₆H₁₂O₆ + 6O₂

or

6CO₂ + 6H₂O +36ℎν ⟹ C₆H₁₂O₆ + 6O₂

And then humans eat the glucose and essentially reverse this process. The extra electrons (through NADH, FADH, and ubiquinol) are transferred through heme to O₂, creating water. The textbook idea is that all of this is just to replenish ATP, but I am skeptical. I think too much attention is given to ATP.

The production of glucose by a plant is usually explained in terms of "storing bond energy" for a later date, but this process might be better explained simply as an electron-trapping device.

Last edited:

Drareg

Microtubules are 100% protein, but I'm not sure how many of them have a lipid coat in vivo. They are found in both myelinated and unmyelinated nerves.

Below are oleic acid phospolipids on a microtubule. The phospho- group is positively charged and is attracted to the microtubule:
View attachment 5944
To give an idea of scale, the diameter of a microtubule is ~250 Å.
View attachment 5942
And the length of the the lipid is hard to calculate because oleic acid has a kink and the experimenters didn't even mention if it was cis or trans. We can use trigonometry and published bond lengths to estimate cis-oleic phospholipid at around 25.4 Å.* So they are barely visible in the ↑above micrograph, about ¹⁄₁₀ the size of the microtubule.

So it's difficult to see if they are actually lipidated in vivo. I don't know if the micrograph below had been defatted or not, as I couldn't find the original citation. This was prepared for electron microscopy so any lipids were probably removed during fixing, leaving the bare protein skeleton.
View attachment 5943
So I'm not really sure if they usually have a lipid coat or not. These things are so small that they are hard to image. Raman spectroscopy could probably find out since you can image live cells and use the IR spectrum of the phosphoester bond to see if it's present. I don't think this has been done. I can't find anything on this.

Most papers deal with the inside of the tubules. An interesting paper is called Detection of Tryptophan to Tryptophan Energy Transfer in Proteins.

Photons can fluoresce from one tryptophan (indole) to another. The acceptor indole can the re-emit the photon. If they are close enough, then there is very little energy wasted in the transition. This is called Förster resonance energy transfer.

This is the most plausible mechanism of nerve transmission throughout the body. Microtubules are directly coupled to mitochondria which could act as the energy source to excite the indoles.
View attachment 5945
This is a micrograph of microtubules stained with fluorescent antibodies. These are like nerves within nerves and the true carriers of information.

I made the analogy of microtubles to fiber optic cables, only to realize that this has already been done. Perhaps the best article is called EMISSION OF MITOCHONDRIAL BIOPHOTONS AND THEIR EFFECT ON ELECTRICAL ACTIVITY OF MEMBRANE VIA MICROTUBULES. This in interesting and was authored by a physicist who uses the Schrödinger Wave Equation to model waveforms inside of microtubules. He even compares his calculated waves to actual EEG readings.

However, he makes no mention of the word "indole" or "tryptophan" even once. Since these are the things which actually guide the biophotons—and not the diameter of the microtubule—I think the mathematical foundation should be laid using the
Förster resonance energy transfer equations.

Biophotons are a reality and have been measured emanating from living cells. Sometimes this is called 'ultraweak emission'.

What is interesting about psychedelic molecules is that there psychedelic potency correlates with their highest occupied molecular orbital. Nothing else correlates. This makes the idea of a protein receptor—which fits in a lock-and-key manner depending on the molecule's shape—seem wrong in this case.† Psychedelics seem to be able to donate electrons to the inside of the microtubules or affect the wave frequency or amplitude in some way. Anesthetics seem to be capable of quenching photonic transmission.

Some Articles
•A RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE HALLUCINOGENIC ACTIVITY OF DRUGS AND THEIR ELECTRONIC CONFIGURATION
•THE CHEMILUMINESCENCE OF CERTAIN INDOLES
•Fluoresence Quenching of the Indole Ring System by Lanthanide Ions
•Trifluoroethanol Quenches Indole Fluorescence by Excited-State Proton Transfer
•Brain chemiluminescence and oxidative stress in hyperthyroid rats

*For cis-stearic acid:
lengh A (terminal oxygen to carbon ω–9)=12(1.54Å)sin(54.75°)+2(1.43Å)sin(55.15°)+2(1.47Å)sin(54.75°)=20.28Å
lengh B (carbon ω–9 to carbon ω )=8(1.54Å)sin(54.75°)=10.06Å
Law of cosines calculator with 109° kink angle

†But the "lock-and-key" relationship still holds for some enzyme and antibody interactions.

Thank you for this, I'm curious about the water emulsification differences between pufa and saturated for example and the importance of water in all of this.
More to be discovered,would be an interesting question for Peat to speculate on maybe....

Drareg

What you are saying about suffering could be true, but I think that people who have experienced loss or something like that in there lives, can Just cope better with other stresses in life, I recall a study I read which stated that one third of all presidents in the usa have lost a parent at a young age, the conclusion was that losing a parent is of course one of the most devastating things you can experience, but it also made them have more willpower, more grit to succeed. But that is just speculation. But there is a correlation between succesfull people and losing a parent at a young age. I have to mention that a big percentage of people in prison also lost a parent at a young age so it could go both ways.

Edit: I found the article!
Successful Children Who Lost A Parent — Why Are There So Many Of Them?

I agree it's highly ambiguous and of course we run into definitions of success again in an ever changing reality making it more complex to decipher again.

Energizer

Also, totally off topic but do you know anything about smoking cigarettes like 10-20 a day, how it impacts your health(obvisiously bad) and what ray peats view about it is?

Tobacco is a potent Mao b inhibitor, it also lowers estrogen, serotonin, increases youth associated hormones... Normally smoke is estrogenic but pure tobacco smoke is actually highly androgenic. See this comment by nightlight77: Anti-Aging Hormone ( Klotho ) Could Make You Smarter • r/Nootropics

Constatine

Tobacco is a potent Mao b inhibitor, it also lowers estrogen, serotonin, increases youth associated hormones... Normally smoke is estrogenic but pure tobacco smoke is actually highly androgenic. See this comment by nightlight77: Anti-Aging Hormone ( Klotho ) Could Make You Smarter • r/Nootropics
Though tobacco also has negative effects as well. Reduced thiamine levels and absorbtion is one of them. Some of the negative effects of smoking can be partially alleviated by supplementing thiamine. It can also stress and damage the mitochondria but again this is partly due to thiamine deficiency.

OP
B

bram

Though tobacco also has negative effects as well. Reduced thiamine levels and absorbtion is one of them. Some of the negative effects of smoking can be partially alleviated by supplementing thiamine. It can also stress and damage the mitochondria but again this is partly due to thiamine deficiency.
I know this forum doesn't follow mainstream advice but tobacco causes cancer and it probably has some positive effects but it doesn't outweigh the negatives. I've recently quited with allen car's method and i've never been happier. A good night sleep probably also gives you the anabolic effects tobacco gives you

Herbie

\.If quantum non locality is real, then I think reincarnation could be possible. Terrence McKenna said that certain Amazonian shamans said that DMT allows you to see entities in the afterlife. I'm not sure what to make of that.\

I went to the Amazon in Peru and drank ayahuasca with the native shamans 9 times and most of the experiences I thought I had actually died and wasn't coming back and accepted death.

Some scientific/western information Ive found was John C Lilly's books as he was neuroscientist that had taken some psychedelics. He describes the most accurate of what I had experienced. I posted a few pages where it refers to different frequencies and the experiences, it comes from an old yogic book. It might help with understanding reincarnation.

Ive had a general interest in what the experiences actually are with questions of did my consciousness leave the body and travel outwards into other realms unknown to modern man or was it a trip through the mind and spinal column in the subconscious. Is this what it will be like when the reaper comes. To be sure is this the passage of death.

For example I did the guided tour of hell which Lilly wrote about at the lowest frequency of - 6 and It was the real deal, the lava rivers, grotesque entities, met with satan a burnt like charcoal, ugliest man beyond imagination with the rams horns, time distorted and I thought I had been down there for 1000s of years, inescapable pain like the worst migraine or appendicitis but filling up entire consciousness. The night after I went to some high ecstasy and saw life as pure synchronicity + 6 frequency but wasn't a biblical representation.

80-095e5de519-2.jpg

90-f97b8e998c.jpg
John C Lilly - The Center Of The Cyclone

Last edited:

Crazycoco

More seriously here is how i have increased my intelligence.

Context: no good marks at school and then excellent marks. And a Leading french university is currently paying me for accomplish a phd.

Here are the things:

-much of the limits you are the limit that you are imposing on you. In fact there are no limits. Most of them are illusion. "I cant do this i cant do that Its not for me he is better than me". No, you can. Dont restrict yourself.

-memory. Huge topic.
why memory is very important. First at school you gonna masterize Many subject with memory. Memory enhance creativity by multiply new connexions. The more you know the more you know.
Few names here. Dominic o brien, ed cooke, joshua foer. If you give an image to a list of Word you gonna memorize it very well. Il also change your brain. Check it out. Method of loci.

-memory Again. You need an algorithm to review. The best one is supermemo by piotr Wozniak. Life changing.

- how to become an expert? May be A genius? Give 10.000 hours to your topic. Good book about that is caldwell book.

-challenge your conviction. You'te religious? Read atheists. You are atheist with no religious culture? Read theology. You think peat is right? Make some research on mediteranean diet Ahah.

-a word about peat: he worked a lot and in every had challenging ideas.

Damn my post is gold-one.
I'm Crazy coco

Travis

@Such_Saturation

I was hoping for a physical theory, like the way Linus Pauling and Gilbert Ling explain things on the molecular level.

Without a physical theory, there is no way to know if you're right. People without physical theories can say whatever they want and nobody can disprove them.

But I realize that this is probably impossible with consciousness. You can convincingly explain how light (or electrons) transfer along the inside of microtubules, but there seems to be no way to make the next step towards consciousness.

How does the brain produce consciousness from light?

So...yeah. I think everything should be fully explainable (i.e. muscle contraction, nerve impulse) on the molecular level, but I can't even comprehend how consciousness could be. I wouldn't even know where to begin. Even the quantum mechanical explanations found in reputable physical journals kinda seem like nonsense to me. Saying that consciousness is produced from different quantum spin states hardly clarifies things.

This reminds me of Gödel's incompleteness theorem.

Last edited:

Energizer

Is this the study you are referring to?
Chronic Nicotine Exposure In Vivo and In Vitro Inhibits Vitamin B1 (Thiamin) Uptake by Pancreatic Acinar Cells. - PubMed - NCBI
I didn't find much on thiamine and tobacco smoke doesn't seem like there is much research at least on pub med. They used nicotine in the water in the rats. So if nicotine does impair thiamine uptake in humans as well then I suppose it would be a good idea to supplement B1 or eat plenty liver. What do you guys make of this study?

@BigYellowLemon @haidut

Crazycoco

Oh, another thing, read masters every day. If you read every day the most intelligent persons on earth, then there is chance to be less stupid. It's difficult to meet a genius every day. It 3 dollars to read rousseau entierly.

Read platon, read an introduction to kant. What is science? Read kuhn popper etc. When you read a guy ask yourself: is there any guy better in the field ? Be curious, passionate, aware to counter-arguments. Keep tradition as a guide (it's good to have one) but allow you to challenge it

Last, be aware of biographies. Earth is plenty of morons. But there are guys whose honor humanity in every field and are exemple

Energizer

I know this forum doesn't follow mainstream advice but tobacco causes cancer and it probably has some positive effects but it doesn't outweigh the negatives. I've recently quited with allen car's method and i've never been happier. A good night sleep probably also gives you the anabolic effects tobacco gives you

Most of the research that you find that passes as anti-smoking "science" is the same that it was in the 1950s, epidemiological correlations between smokers and some disease. See for example the posts and comments by nightlight77 (my italics):

It may surprise you to learn that after over 6 decades of trying very hard, the medical researchers haven't been able to experimentally induce lung cancer by inhalation of tobacco smoke, even by pushing the smoke levels to the edge of asphyxiation.

Instead of getting lung cancer, or even just having their lives shortened, the smoking animals routinely end up living 20% longer than non-smoking animals, while staying thinner and sharper throughout. In experiments from 1960s in which dogs were co-exposed to real lung carcinogen (radon gas), the smoking dogs ended up with over 7 times fewer lung cancers than non-smoking dogs. Similarly, in several large rodent experiments (hamsters, mice, rats) spanning the full lifespan of the animals, by the time all non-smoking animals would die of old age, half of the smoking animals would still be alive and well.

Of course, you will never hear about any such little publicized research papers based on hard/real science within the antismoking Matrix.

The antismoking "science" is a money making scientific fraud entirely resting on junk science (i.e. on statistical correlations from non-randomized samples, which is equivalent to the so called non-scientific polls that use self-selected subjects), counting on the scientific naivete of the general public to peddle their scam. For brief intro, see the article "The Scientific Scandal of Anti-smoking" by two university professors: http://members.iinet.com.au/~ray/TSSOASb.html

There was also a very long thread on the leading nootropic and life extension forum (Imminst, now Longecity forum) titled "Smoking is good for you" where the references/papers to the mentioned (and many other) experiments were provided and discussed/debated at length. Incidentally, there is also a book by a medical doctor (and a lawyer) Dr. W. T. Whitbey also titled "Smoking is good for you" (pdf here -- Smoking is Good for You ).

A TOC with the hyperlinks to the highlight of that "debate" was provided in a later post here: The intelligent smoker: what should a smoker take to nullify harm? - Lifestyle .

The "debate" is in quotes above as there was actually no contest since antismoking side (most of the forum members against me posting as "nightlight"), couldn't provide anything but junk science in support their position, while all the hard science (experiments, randomized trials) research presented was supporting the cognitive and life-extending benefits of this ancient panacea, tobacco.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals