Is It Possible To Increase Your Intelligence?

TreasureVibe

Certainly. You need to read about lipofuscin: an intracellular inclusion body which progressively occupies the intracellular space of neurons, ranging from nil (at birth) to 75% of intra-neural volume (in centenarians—a histologically confirmed value). Lipofuscin consists of proteins crosslinked by products of lipid peroxidation such as hydroxynonenal, which is catalyzed by iron. Aluminum has been shown to increase lipid peroxidation by displacing iron from binding sites, both ions having the same valence (Al³⁺ vs Fe³⁺), size, and hence occupy conflicting spaces. The 3+ charge of the aluminum ion is also why tricarboxylic acids will best chelate it, and can be made neutral by the 3− charge of citric acid allowing brain efflux and also protecting the phosphorylated proteins of the myelin sheath—the main target of aluminum., where it crosslinks them at the phosphate groups forming neurofibrillary tangles. One hundred fifty years ago lipofuscin was the only significant inclusion body to speak-of; but now, we have aluminum-catalyzed ones to dodge as well. As far as I can tell: lipofuscin forms the more mild form of dementia characteristic to many older people, while aluminum is responsible for full-blown Alzheimer's and Parkinson's. World aluminum expert Daniel Perl was convinced in the 1980s that there was little difference between the two besides what part of the brain affected, and also ALS being causing by aluminum but more on the peripheral nerves. Studies do support this, and the cocaine-Parkinson's connection can be easily explained by noting that: (1) the substantia nigra is right behind the nasal cavity; (2) metals have been shown to be absorbed through the nasal cavity; and (3) aluminum is found in residual amounts in cocaine due to the crushed limestone used in the acid–base extraction. [Citations available upon request.]

Ray Peat writes about lipofuscin here:

Peat, Ray. "Iron's Dangers." raypeat.com (2006)
...and elsewhere. The two biggest researchers in this field who speak about it in relation to aging are Brunk & Terman, who've written many excellent review articles on it. I think it's these articles which had gotten Ray Peat writing against iron so much, since this is the most pathological result of excessive amounts:

But I don't think intelligence is genetically determined in 99% of cases. I think sometimes it can be, but essentially only in cases where an enzyme is seriously impaired (i.e. Down's, Zellweger's). I think the main enemies of intelligence are exorphins, aluminum, and psychopaths—who intentionally aim to give people incorrect information, among other things; so I think food and its adulterants form ¹⁄₂, and the environment determines the other ¹⁄₂—of constitutional intelligence (in contradistinction to transactional intelligence, a relative yin–yang value where intelligence is defined only in relationship to that of other people).

Although malic acid only has a 2− charge (after being deprotonated to malate: the form it takes within the body), the hydroxyl group has a partial negative charge making it an efficient aluminum chelator (perhaps ~2¹⁄₂− charge). However: I do think citrate is more effective at chelating aluminum than malate, although citrate could be expected to be metabilized quicker and could also have different blood–brain kinetics. Melatonin has also been found a capable aluminum-chelator, but I've found that it acts peripherally to lower blood pressure and results in a mild form of dyskinesia after taking it.
Wow!!! This is very, very interesting information!! So, what would be preferred for aluminum chelation, magnesium malate, calcium malate or unbound malic acid? And is it safe?

Also, what are your opinions about fluoride, known to be a neurotoxin, and is in common toothpaste and tap water? And the ability of iodine to detox it from the brain? I have read once in studies that there was a correlation between decrease of lithium and increase of fluoride in the brain. Also, I've read that aluminum is able to piggyback through the blood brain barrier on fluoride in the blood.

It is as if I am talking to a professor here, this kind of knowledge is invaluable! :):

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals