Is it possible deep-fried french fries taste so good because the starch turns into sugar?

FredSonoma

My diet is so liquid that it is hard for me to get "heat" from eating. On almost a daily basis I think "If I could eat anything in the world, what would I eat?" - and the answer is FRENCH FRIES (obviously home-made in coconut oil or lard ;) ). Has anyone who has had MAJOR issues with starch found any kind of boiling / frying method that made a difference?

Starch turns into sugar by us. Our enzyme amylase turns starch into sugar when we eat it.

I highly recommend avoiding anything fried. Fried starch produces something called acrylamide which is toxic. Even if fried in coconut oil, acrylamide can still be produced.

Grilled meat produces something called heterocyclic amines which are also toxic. Avoiding fried starch and grilled meats is a good anti-cancer strategy.

Steamed starch is best followed by boiling. Baking can be okay but baking can also produce toxins.

OP
F

FredSonoma

Westside PUFAs said:
post 115476 Starch turns into sugar by us. Our enzyme amylase turns starch into sugar when we eat it.

I highly recommend avoiding anything fried. Fried starch produces something called acrylamide which is toxic. Even if fried in coconut oil, acrylamide can still be produced.

Grilled meat produces something called heterocyclic amines which are also toxic. Avoiding fried starch and grilled meats is a good anti-cancer strategy.

Steamed starch is best followed by boiling. Baking can be okay but baking can also produce toxins.

What about from a purely self-experiential standpoint? Have you found low-PUFA deep-fried foods to affect you negatively?

Last edited by a moderator:
Try them without salt and get back to me :ss

Such_Saturation said:

Try butter without salt (saltless butter) and get back to me.

Try cheese made without salt and get back to me. It's not even made because it would be so disgusting.

Try chicken wings fried in lard or coconut oil without salt and/or condiments such as BBQ sauce/sweet&sour sauce and get back to me.

Try steak without salt and/or condiments such as marinades and get back to me. Often pre-cooking marinade soak for hours.

Why do most people gag when trying swallow pure fat such as saltless butter, coconut oil, olive oil, cod liver oil taken by the spoonful, and any other oil? Talk about instincts. Some people even think whole milk is too "rich" and creamy for them and has a gagging effect.

Trying to swallow pure sugar on the other hand, is simple.

Westside PUFAs said:
post 115495
Such_Saturation said:

Try butter without salt (saltless butter) and get back to me.

Try cheese made without salt and get back to me. It's not even made because it would be so disgusting.

Try chicken wings fried in lard or coconut oil without salt and/or condiments such as BBQ sauce/sweet&sour sauce and get back to me.

Try steak without salt and/or condiments such as marinades and get back to me. Often pre-cooking marinade soak for hours.

Why do most people gag when trying swallow pure fat such as saltless butter, coconut oil, olive oil, cod liver oil taken by the spoonful, and any other oil? Talk about instincts. Some people even think whole milk is too "rich" and creamy for them and has a gagging effect.

Trying to swallow pure sugar on the other hand, is simple.

I don't get where you're going.

OP
F

FredSonoma

Such_Saturation said:
post 115489 Try them without salt and get back to me :ss

Are you saying they wouldn't taste good anymore? When I was younger I used to sometime eat fries without salt and I still liked them lol

FredSonoma said:
post 115585
Such_Saturation said:

Are you saying they wouldn't taste good anymore? When I was younger I used to sometime eat fries without salt and I still liked them lol

What brand?

OP
F

FredSonoma

Such_Saturation said:
post 115586
FredSonoma said:
post 115585
Such_Saturation said:

What brand?

I don't know... it's been years since I ate fries, but I was just a kid eating anything - McDonald's, cafeteria fries, frozen fries that you had to bake from Costco... I still remember them being delicious without salt.

FredSonoma said:
post 115587
Such_Saturation said:
post 115586
FredSonoma said:
post 115585
Such_Saturation said:

What brand?

I don't know... it's been years since I ate fries, but I was just a kid eating anything - McDonald's, cafeteria fries, frozen fries that you had to bake from Costco... I still remember them being delicious without salt.

Yes, Ac'cent does miracles :ss

OP
F

FredSonoma

Such_Saturation said:
post 115588
FredSonoma said:
post 115587
Such_Saturation said:
post 115586
FredSonoma said:
post 115585
Such_Saturation said:

What brand?

Yes, Ac'cent does miracles :ss

Oh true haha, but I've definitely had restaurant fries that didn't seem to have MSG (but I don't know obviously) and they were still delicious.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals