Is It OK If I Never Eat Liver?

OP
wealthofwisdom
You don't like oysters even in the form of Oysters Rockafeller or something? Also, I don't know how anyone can not like the St. Jeans canned oysters. They're freaking amazing.

As far as liver goes, if you pan fry it it tends not to be very good. Charcoal BBQ is the way to go. I've been doing it for years like this. It is really delicious liver but a couple months back I had no charcoal and decided to pan fry it and it was not good at all. From now on it's charcoal BBQ only.

Sometimes I feel like people just need to come over for dinner and I can show them what things are supposed to taste like lol.

Lol, I've had Lobster on the beach in Maine, freshly caught (one bite, couldn't make myself do more) while everybody else was drooling that it was the best thing they had ever tasted. I lived in Barcelona, Spain for years (on the beach) and had MULTIPLE people give me MULTIPLE fresh seafood dishes (all the best of that type in the world) - the best of the best. Couldn't eat any of them. I also made myself homemeade beef liver pate, from fresh, young beef calf, with red wine, butter, coconut oil - a delicious recipe...Couldn't make myself eat more than 3 bites. In my case it really has nothing to do with how "good" any of these dishes are/were.

But thanks for the invite :)

schultz

Lol, I've had Lobster on the beach in Maine, freshly caught (one bite, couldn't make myself do more) while everybody else was drooling that it was the best thing they had ever tasted. I lived in Barcelona, Spain for years (on the beach) and had MULTIPLE people give me MULTIPLE fresh seafood dishes (all the best of that type in the world) - the best of the best. Couldn't eat any of them. I also made myself homemeade beef liver pate, from fresh, young beef calf, with red wine, butter, coconut oil - a delicious recipe...Couldn't make myself eat more than 3 bites. In my case it really has nothing to do with how "good" any of these dishes are/were.

But thanks for the invite :)

Fresh seafood that is prepared plainly is okay, but I prefer something like oysters rockafeller. If you put butter and salt on plain seafood it is much better of course. St. Jeans canned oysters are much more enjoyable than plain fresh raw oysters IMO. They basically just taste like bacon. Beef pate I do not care for myself, although I like chicken liver pate and pork pate. Maybe I have never had a good beef one?

schultz

I will come! :): I would love to meet you and your amazing family and see your land/farm of sorts...

Do you happen to live in Ontario?

I am currently renovating (house is a mess!). When I finish, you are welcome to come for dinner!

Lollipop2

Do you happen to live in Ontario?

I am currently renovating (house is a mess!). When I finish, you are welcome to come for dinner!
Aaawww...sweet, thank you even though I invited myself - lol. Awesome you live in Ontario. My husband is from Ottawa but we are in Texas now. We occasionally go back to see his family in Ottawa. Who knows maybe someday we will see your renovated house :):

bogbody

If you’re in the US, US Wellness Meats sells ground beef with organs mixed in. They have one with liver and other organs and one with just beef and beef heart. I also think liver is nasty but couldn’t really taste it much in that form. The only difference was the texture was slightly mushier than regular ground beef.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals