Is it normal to get very pale stools from drinking lots of milk?

username

I have consumed dairy regularly over the years, so it is nothing new for my body, but I never thought to ask if the pale stools were normal. I just assumed that it was, but so much is off about my digestion, so I figured I'd come here to ask. I get VERY pale stools from milk (whole or skim), granted I am drinking a lot of it. I normally drink whole milk and not skim, but both of them give me pale stools. Right now I am experimenting with one gallon of whole milk per day and nothing else. My stools are a light yellowish beige. I have read that pale stools are often an indication that the liver is not making enough bile. Is this also the case with milk, or dose milk normally produce very pale stools? Like I said this is whole milk, which contains fats and should stimulate bile production. Also, the stools appear very clay-like. Thanks for any advice!

Comstock

I get the same stool when I eat large amounts of farmer's cheese. I think I get the same when I drink lots of milk too, but I haven't really done that in a while.

I'm guessing it's fine, but I don't know for sure. I think Peat has said pale stools are fine.

Being

I have consumed dairy regularly over the years, so it is nothing new for my body, but I never thought to ask if the pale stools were normal. I just assumed that it was, but so much is off about my digestion, so I figured I'd come here to ask. I get VERY pale stools from milk (whole or skim), granted I am drinking a lot of it. I normally drink whole milk and not skim, but both of them give me pale stools. Right now I am experimenting with one gallon of whole milk per day and nothing else. My stools are a light yellowish beige. I have read that pale stools are often an indication that the liver is not making enough bile. Is this also the case with milk, or dose milk normally produce very pale stools? Like I said this is whole milk, which contains fats and should stimulate bile production. Also, the stools appear very clay-like. Thanks for any advice!
Do they float or sink? I think that is a good way to tell if you're digesting fat. Float = low fat digestion?
Maybe try having an oxbile with the milk and see if it changes anything?

username

I get the same stool when I eat large amounts of farmer's cheese. I think I get the same when I drink lots of milk too, but I haven't really done that in a while.

I'm guessing it's fine, but I don't know for sure. I think Peat has said pale stools are fine.
Thanks for sharing your experience!
insufficient iron / excess calcium
Interesting. Though it also happens when I have a good amount of milk (~1/2 gallon) with a lot of red meat (~500 grams).
Do they float or sink? I think that is a good way to tell if you're digesting fat. Float = low fat digestion?
Maybe try having an oxbile with the milk and see if it changes anything?
They sink.

I was just surprised not to hear a whole lot about pale stools from milk in this forum because of the amount of milk many people drink around here. Even if I consume ~1.5 quarts in a day with lots of other foods (mostly red meat) I will get very pale stools. I use that amount for the example because I rarely would have less if I were to consume milk.

MitchMitchell

But calcium inhibits iron absorption like nothing else so if you’re sensitive, the proper quantity Of milk is... zero

username

But calcium inhibits iron absorption like nothing else so if you’re sensitive, the proper quantity Of milk is... zero
Peat is pretty emphatic about the calcium:phosphorous ratio and also limiting iron. Would separating milk consumption from meals with red meat suffice?

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
JanP Normal Serum Copper, Very High Free Serum Copper Ask For Help or Advice 1
G Coffee enema vs normal enema for constipation Ask For Help or Advice 20
bzmazu The New Normal Documentary Political Talk, Alternative World Theories 0
S Fluorescent pee after b vitamin supp, Normal?! Ask For Help or Advice 15
T I can barely smell anything after drinking coffee. Is this normal? Diet 2
Attakai Cured my fatty liver and shrank it to normal size in under a year Blood Work, Labs 33
S-VV Using Thyroid Despite Normal Temps? Thyroid and Hormones 7
T Ok Updated Thyroid Is This Normal Bad Or Good? Blood Work, Labs 1
haidut Simple Metabolic Change Sufficient To Turn "normal" Cells Into "cancer" Scientific Studies 3
Energizer Five Ways “The New Normal” Is Getting Worse And Worse. Curfew, Masks At Home, Immunity Passports, … Breaking News 0
Orangeyouglad Why Would I Have Normal/High Blood Cortisol, But Low Saliva Cortisol? Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 1
ScurveDream Time To Revolt? Mask Mandates & Social Distancing & The "new Normal?" The Ray Peat Forum Lounge 51
yerrag A Better "New Normal." No To The Tyranny Of The Drugged And Vaccinated Miscellaneous Health Discussions 10
M Fight Back! This Is Not The New Normal! Political Talk, Alternative World Theories 16
fitnessgirl High Diastolic Blood Pressure, Low/normal Systolic? Blood Work, Labs 1
Drareg Please, Let’s Not Go Back To Normal( Celebrities) Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 6
H ‘Incredibly’ Low Progesterone Levels For An Adolescent Normal? Blood Work, Labs 28
J Why Is Raw Milk And Pro Biotics Giving Me Issues But Not Normal Milk? Working Through Milk Issues 5
S High Iron Saturation, Normal Ferritin Blood Work, Labs 1
C Feel Cold With Cold Hands And Feet But Normal Temp? Ask For Help or Advice 3
Kingpinguin Why Do People Think New Coronavirus Is A Normal Flu? Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 180
Amber Low/Normal BMI, Diagnosed With Liver Fibrosis. Need Help Heart, Heart Rate, Blood Pressure 13
V Hypothyroidism With Normal Values? Metabolism 28
Chris-R Anybody Else Have Hypothyroid Symptoms With Low/normal TSH? Polls 16
GorillaHead Just How Healthy Or Normal Is A High High Sex Drive Male Issues 31
GorillaHead What Would Cause Low Zinc Hair Tests But Upper Normal Serum? Hair & Nails 9
T I Can Feel My Heart Beating And My Pulse When I'm Sat Still - Is This Normal And What Could It Mean? Ask For Help or Advice 24
Lewis Acid Medical Therapy For Decreased Orgasm With Normal Hormone Profile Sexuality 2
Gadsie "Infrared" Incandescent, Same As Normal Incandescent? Light 1
JCastro Dangers Of Iodized Salt; Normal Use Rapidly Induces Iodine Toxicity Scientific Studies 55
_lppaiva Sooo Hungry! Is It Normal? Diet 16
Tristan Loscha Study:Normal To High NaCl Intake Is Associated WithPsoriasis, CNS-Disorders,IL17 Sodium 7
E ALT High AST Normal. What Do I Have To Do ? Ask For Help or Advice 0
tankasnowgod Just Ended An Early Morning Work Shift, Going To "Normal" Hours Insomnia, Sleep Issues 3
Lejeboca Lower Body Temperature Ranges Might Be Now Considered Normal In Adults Scientific Studies 3
T Thyroid, Cortisol, Prolactin, Estrogen, Testosterone Are Normal - So Why Are Temps And Pulse So Low? Blood Work, Labs 29
Viiiiyu Dont Drink Water Nor Much Liquid Food.Normal? Diet 0
K Normal Temp / Low Pulse Rate Metabolism 8
NHF Could One With Normal Thyroid Levels Follow Peat's Eating Advice? Blood Sugar 6
ecstatichamster Cortisol Lowers TSH - Can Make Hypo Thyroid Person Seem "normal" Scientific Studies 3
F Low Free T Due To Normal TT But High SHBG & Albumin Blood Work, Labs 4
Aleeri Normal Progesterone Levels In Men? Blood Work, Labs 29
Mito The Plasma NAD+ Metabolome Is Dysregulated In ‘‘Normal’’ Aging Scientific Studies 18
ecstatichamster Even “normal” TSH Levels Correlate With Arterial Stiffness Scientific Studies 5
T Any Ladies Back To Normal After Coming Off Birth Control? My GF Is Putting On Weight Fast Female Issues 15
X Taking DHEA At The Age Of 17. Is It Normal? DHEA 3
F "You Cannot Have Thyroid Symptoms If The Blood Tests Are Normal" - Reflections On Patient Care Miscellaneous Health Discussions 0
VendettaRed911 Stopping Thyroid Hormone - How Long Until TSH Returns Back To Normal Ask For Help or Advice 11
Fractality Other Minerals To Balance A Higher Than Normal Calcium Intake? Ask For Help or Advice 6
Herbie Magnesium Made A Grey Hair Return To Normal Colour Magnesium 12