Is it important to get a good quality organic/non toxic bed mattress?

Josh

I think i’ve had my bed mattress for 10-15 years which I’m thinking can’t be great to keep a mattress for that long with the accumulation of dust mites etc and really i don’t find my bed comfy at all and haven’t for the last 3 years.

There’s plenty of comfy looking beds advertised everywhere: Simba/Eve bed etc etc but want i don’t want is a bed full of VOC’s/fire retardants/Chemicals/Coil springs etc..

I’ve found a few Organic mattresses that claim their non toxic etc, they are a lot more expensive though, is it worth it guys?

Or does anyone have any suggestions uk based? I do want something that is comfy and also is good for the spine etc and I know a lot of people say a Futon mattress or something solid but i don’t think i could, my bed is pretty firm now and i find it really uncomfortable where as when i first had it i used to kind of sink more into it and would fall asleep easier.

I think it's crucially important to have a non-toxic mattress. I'm not sure what the laws are like in the UK, but here in the US, mattresses have to pass certain anti-flammability tests:

Most mattress companies satisfy this requirement by using flame retardants that can easily volatilize into the air you are breathing.

I spent about 1700 USD 3 years ago to get myself Saatva Zenhaven 100% Pure Talalay Latex mattress: Zenhaven Latex Mattress

Latex is also supposedly dust mite resistant. I don't know how true that is, however. Little bugs like that can be quite resilient. Best to wash and dry your sheets in high heat at least once weekly. More often if you have a guest stopping by and bringing their cooties. :blush:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals