Is it extremely important to get colonic before and after a liver flush?

I would not do either. I think liver flushes are bogus and possibly harmful. If you want a supplement that is actually proven to help your liver just take some milk thistle. And for other liver health tips just search the forum.

konatowntom

If you know a colon therapist why not ask him or her. My opinion based on the fact that I have done both liver flushes and colonics, I never thought that there would be an added benefit doing them in relation to one or the other. Everything should be done in relation to one's own health and working with a practitioner who can offer advice based on his or her knowledge. Finding a good colon therapist who uses the Wood Method would be a good first step.

Summer

I’m assuming you’re doing the Andreas Moritz liver flush. If that’s correct, in his book he states that he recommends not doing the flush if you can’t do some sort of colonic irrigation before and after the flush. The reason being that stones can get stuck in the bile ducts if the colon isn’t cleared out first.

Makrosky

From personal experience, I wouldn't do a liver flush if I cannot do a colonics afterwards. Small stones will still be in your intestines and get reabsorbed.

And I wouldn't do a liver flush if you are pmanning to do only 1 or 2. Things are dislodged inn there and subsequent flushes might be needed.

Liver flushing is not a kids game.

One thing that potentially could substitute for a colonics is drinking lots of isotonic water (IIRC 9.8 grams x liter? can't remember) so all the water goes thru expeling the remains. This you do it 2-4 days after the liver flush. I have never tried but I always thought of it as a poor mans colonics.

But do the colonics, seriously. You don't want all that putrefact ***t persorbed from your intestines.

Makrosky

I’m assuming you’re doing the Andreas Moritz liver flush. If that’s correct, in his book he states that he recommends not doing the flush if you can’t do some sort of colonic irrigation before and after the flush. The reason being that stones can get stuck in the bile ducts if the colon isn’t cleared out first.
Yes but for before the flush, the colonics is not needed. Just some laxative (magnesium) that empties your intestines should be ok.

Kykeon

i did one of these flushes, i think drinking the olive oil had a antibiotic effect of my intestine.

MrGilbert

Nope, I do it sans colonic without issue. But I do use the epsom salt as per Moritz's book.