Is it extremely important to get colonic before and after a liver flush?

I would not do either. I think liver flushes are bogus and possibly harmful. If you want a supplement that is actually proven to help your liver just take some milk thistle. And for other liver health tips just search the forum.

konatowntom

If you know a colon therapist why not ask him or her. My opinion based on the fact that I have done both liver flushes and colonics, I never thought that there would be an added benefit doing them in relation to one or the other. Everything should be done in relation to one's own health and working with a practitioner who can offer advice based on his or her knowledge. Finding a good colon therapist who uses the Wood Method would be a good first step.

Summer

I’m assuming you’re doing the Andreas Moritz liver flush. If that’s correct, in his book he states that he recommends not doing the flush if you can’t do some sort of colonic irrigation before and after the flush. The reason being that stones can get stuck in the bile ducts if the colon isn’t cleared out first.

Makrosky

From personal experience, I wouldn't do a liver flush if I cannot do a colonics afterwards. Small stones will still be in your intestines and get reabsorbed.

And I wouldn't do a liver flush if you are pmanning to do only 1 or 2. Things are dislodged inn there and subsequent flushes might be needed.

Liver flushing is not a kids game.

One thing that potentially could substitute for a colonics is drinking lots of isotonic water (IIRC 9.8 grams x liter? can't remember) so all the water goes thru expeling the remains. This you do it 2-4 days after the liver flush. I have never tried but I always thought of it as a poor mans colonics.

But do the colonics, seriously. You don't want all that putrefact ***t persorbed from your intestines.

Makrosky

I’m assuming you’re doing the Andreas Moritz liver flush. If that’s correct, in his book he states that he recommends not doing the flush if you can’t do some sort of colonic irrigation before and after the flush. The reason being that stones can get stuck in the bile ducts if the colon isn’t cleared out first.
Yes but for before the flush, the colonics is not needed. Just some laxative (magnesium) that empties your intestines should be ok.

Kykeon

i did one of these flushes, i think drinking the olive oil had a antibiotic effect of my intestine.

MrGilbert

Nope, I do it sans colonic without issue. But I do use the epsom salt as per Moritz's book.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
md_a There Is An Extremely Important Connection Between ACE-inhibitor Medication For Hypertension And The Scientific Studies 3
I Wake up extremely sore Ask For Help or Advice 3
A Extremely intense libido Ask For Help or Advice 45
E EXTREMELY LOW FOLIC ACID IN BLOOD, HIGH FERRITIN Ask For Help or Advice 9
W Extremely low TSH Thyroid and Hormones 3
I Extremely negative reaction to beta carotene? Ask For Help or Advice 26
D Can being extremely hypothyroid cause total appetite loss? Digestion 34
D Extremely LOW T3/T4, despite Tyronene Blood Work, Labs 11
M How to fix extremely bad / slow digestion? Ask For Help or Advice 32
C Extremely pale skin - insecure & avoiding life - debating intentional carotenosis Skin 27
deliciousfruit Extremely confusing blood test results Blood Work, Labs 26
P the extremely intelligent/autistic phenotype Autism 40
Advocate2021 Severe Chemical Hypersenstivity and Allergies Persist Along With Other Signs Despite All Measures Taken - Any Input/Advice Extremely Welcome!! Symptoms, Causes 8
N Extremely High Cortisol Ask For Help or Advice 4
cyclops Why Does Ray Think Its Ok To Take Extremely Large Doses Of Pregnenolone? Pregnenolone 28
P Brown Rice Extremely Bad For Men? Male Issues 0
GutFeeling Producing Too Much Serotonin Can Make You Extremely Nervous, Hesitant, Distracted And Shy Etc Scientific Studies 0
P Problems Due To Extremely Low Fat Diet? Ask For Help or Advice 17
ecstatichamster Extremely Good Experiences With T Lately Male Issues 15
cellboy Extremely Aggressive After Taking Cypro Mental Issues 20
T Extremely Manipulative And Sociopathic Behavior Ask For Help or Advice 3
T Drinking Just 3 Beer Makes Me Extremely Anxious Ask For Help or Advice 37
C Raw Liver Is Making Me Extremely Sick Meat 25
C Extremely Dry Skin Skin 2
Diokine Extremely Low TSH And Cholesterol Health 1
beachbum Extremely Interesting Study On Sugar And Weightloss Diet, Recipes 2
F Teeth Have Become Extremely Sensitive Recently Oral Health 17
A Why Does Starch Make Me Extremely Sick? Diet 113
N Extremely Low Fat Diet Macros & Micros 39
B Cod Liver Oil- Extremely Toxic, Ray Peat Was Right Polyunsaturated Fats, Seed Oils 20
L [first progess, then relapse] extremely confused now :( Diet, Recipes 48
PeatandPotatoes What is the most important and impactful lesson/information you have learned from Ray Peat Ray Peat Topics 10
milkboi Easy way to focus on any topic that's important to you or switch into relaxation Metabolism 4
A Why is it not important to release the patent so we can vaccinate the 6 billion people who don’t have access to the vaccine but you need too. Science 9
RenaissanceMan "DHA is really important for transporting glucose across the blood-brain barrier." Polyunsaturated Fats, Seed Oils 14
Diokine 5α-reductase is important for corticoid modulation and HPA axis feedback Stress 16
Diokine Circadian T3 Method - why taking thyroid hormone at the proper time is important T3 & T4 83
U What does eggs offer to be important part of the diet? Diet 9
J Is it important to get a good quality organic/non toxic bed mattress? Body Care 1
Hgreen56 Anti-Peat Study reveals how sugars wipe out important bacteria in gut Debate - Anti-Peat 17
Hans The Most Important Organ For Longevity Articles & Scientific Studies 20
Doludolu COPPER - Very Important For Mitochondria-metabolism. Toxic Or Important - Depends On The Form Metabolism 23
Hans Counting Calories Thread: Is It Really Important? Articles & Scientific Studies 3
jay123 Covid-19 Plan In Front Of Our Eyes IMPORTANT! Political Talk, Alternative World Theories 11
ecstatichamster Most Important Study - Shows Genetic Theories Are Completely False (involves Exosomes) Scientific Studies 0
methylenewhite Perhaps This Is Why Doctors Are Dying. Please Read. I Believe It's Important For Everyone Articles & Scientific Studies 13
methylenewhite Important Information For Your Doctor. PUFA Depleted Rats Are More Sensitive To Volatile Anesthesia Ray Peat Topics 7
md_a The Body Temperature Is Very Important Thyroid and Hormones 2
Lokzo SHBG More Important Than You Think Thyroid and Hormones 19
Jamesu How Important Is Fruit In Slowing Hairloss? Ask For Help or Advice 0