Is It Dangerous To Eat Cooked Insects?

Bluemachine

Just found loads of little Beatle looking things in my meal after noticing a hard crunch every couple of bites. I had thoroughly boiled and steamed both the potatoes and kale so they were well dead but I've probably eaten a few of them. should I be worried?

Just found loads of little Beatle looking things in my meal after noticing a hard crunch every couple of bites. I had thoroughly boiled and steamed both the potatoes and kale so they were well dead but I've probably eaten a few of them. should I be worried?
Oh my goodness i would have not have been happy about that!! I don't think there was any worry as long as they weren't poisonous bugs. I just posted a thread Good or Bad? Chitin (Crustacean Shells & Crickets) and in everything I have read their outer shells have some health benefits. I posted a couple of links of those benefits. Could you taste them?

OP
B

Bluemachine

Oh my goodness i would have not have been happy about that!! I don't think there was any worry as long as they weren't poisonous bugs. I just posted a thread Good or Bad? Chitin (Crustacean Shells & Crickets) and in everything I have read their outer shells have some health benefits. I posted a couple of links of those benefits. Could you taste them?
Yeah, I managed to identify the bug and found out they weren't poisonous. I don't think they had much of a taste but were very crunchy, I have since gone off kale a bit lol

Yeah, I managed to identify the bug and found out they weren't poisonous. I don't think they had much of a taste but were very crunchy, I have since gone off kale a bit lol
Oh my gosh that would be disturbing! I have seen worms in the curly kale on several occasions.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals