Is heart disease reversible?

Patrick67

Is heart disease really reversible . I’m of the opinion that any disease is reversible . Bit feeling the heart may be different . Any suggestions?

Phaedrus

Broda Barnes thought so. Very few of his patients that he treated with thyroid ever had heart attacks or died due to heart disease.

From my copy of his 1976 book Hypothyroidsm: The Unsuspected Illness, Barnes also cites a 1971 study led by Dr. James Wren who treated patients with thyroid to test its possible effects on atherosclerosis. Mean cholesterol among the 347 participants dropped 22%, and patients who already had symptoms of atherosclerosis also reported increased exercise tolerance, lower frequency and severity of heart attacks, and less need for nitroglycerin. Barnes summarizes the study by saying:

“Atherosclerosis has been looked upon as irreversible. But Dr. Wren’s results indicate that administration of thyroid may be of benefit in many cases and some degree of modification or prevention of progression of the artery disease appears possible even after heart attacks or other serious events. My own experience has been the same.”

In sum, restricting PUFA along with thyroid treatment would be a logical way of beginning to reverse heart disease. Barnes other book, Solved: The Riddle of Heart Attacks goes into more depth on the thyroid-heart disease connection and why unsaturated fats, not saturated animal fats, are to blame for the development of heart disease. I think there’s a digital copy of the book available on some online archive for free.

Last edited:

mujuro

Forum Supporter
Which type? Atherosclerosis, myopathy, fibrotic pathologies?

Elie

Forum Supporter
This is my area of work as an N.D. For the most part it is. Depends on what exactly the issues, the extent of the problem and vitality level of the individual. Much of the info shared and discussed on the forum is conducive to healing CVD.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Is heart disease really reversible . I’m of the opinion that any disease is reversible . Bit feeling the heart may be different . Any suggestions?

Yep, I would agree with what @Elie said, and I have actually received ultrasound imaging from clients who have had their CVD reversed to a significant degree by simple interventions such as decreasing PUFA intake, and/or taking one or more of aspirin, vitamin K/D, progesterone, pregnenolone, androgens, etc. Even something as "simple" as policosanol has been repeatedly shown to not only stop but reverse the pathology. Of course, YMMV due to individual uniqueness but the reversibility of CVD in practice is not even under question.
"...Policosanol also decreases several other risk factors of cardiovascular disease by decreasing LDL oxidation, platelet aggregation, endothelial damage, and smooth muscle cell proliferation. Furthermore, policosanol decreases progression and increases regression of cardiovascular disease assessed by thallium-labeled myocardial perfusion scintigraphy (TL-MPS) and Doppler-ultrasound, and decreases symptoms of cardiovascular disease assessed by the Specific Activity Scale."

And if you need a more direct proof, you can contact the user who posted this recently.

davidgraham

Yep, I would agree with what @Elie said, and I have actually received ultrasound imaging from clients who have had their CVD reversed to a significant degree by simple interventions such as decreasing PUFA intake, and/or taking one or more of aspirin, vitamin K/D, progesterone, pregnenolone, androgens, etc. Even something as "simple" as policosanol has been repeatedly shown to not only stop but reverse the pathology. Of course, YMMV due to individual uniqueness but the reversibility of CVD in practice is not even under question.
"...Policosanol also decreases several other risk factors of cardiovascular disease by decreasing LDL oxidation, platelet aggregation, endothelial damage, and smooth muscle cell proliferation. Furthermore, policosanol decreases progression and increases regression of cardiovascular disease assessed by thallium-labeled myocardial perfusion scintigraphy (TL-MPS) and Doppler-ultrasound, and decreases symptoms of cardiovascular disease assessed by the Specific Activity Scale."

And if you need a more direct proof, you can contact the user who posted this recently.

When you say clients do you do consultations? ?

Jessie

I think it's probably possible, but conventional diagnosis of heart disease is one of the worst protocols I've ever seen. Most people don't even get officially diagnosed with it until blockage has already developed. As if, there's some magical percentage of stenosis that separates healthy individuals from sick individuals.

If you follow the metabolic theory to chronic illness, you'd realize heart disease technically starts long before stenosis even occurs. Broda Barnes's mock Framingham study is the best evidence proving this. The fact he was able to reverse 94% of heart attacks in over 2,000 patients in a 20 year period without controlling diet, exercise, or lifestyle habits is pretty damning proof in my opinion.

Walt Kempner's rice diet also shows us the restorative function dietary interventions could possibly have if you reduce the FFAs (free fatty acids) in the organism. Possibly through PUFA depletion, which wasn't the focus of his study but was the net outcome nonetheless.

Linus Pauling has also demonstrated the importance of good ol fashion ascorbic acid, and the role it plays in maintaining arterial health.

haidut

Forum Supporter
When you say clients do you do consultations? ?

Sorry, I don't:):
By clients, I meant people who bought our products. Peat and Danny Roddy offer consultations though.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Danny coaching always sold out plus your knowledge is insane!

Thank you, I am flattered, but I can't do it due to both legal and time-constraint reasons. Have you reached out to Ray? I think he still offers them as well.

Healthseeker

Also hawthorn extract for the heart. I smoked 10 years and for sure reversed my lack of cardio. I know peating doesn't advise nitrates or NO boosting ingredients, but if use them for cardio exercise it will help. I don't think hawthorn is a NO ingredient tho, it's a strong ingredient but it's also kinda of a weak ingredient its something the lit says use consistently where as arginine or nitrates you would use for training. There's also an ingredient called citrapeak that is effective. Those citrus pump ingredients are probably peaty

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals