Is Having High DHT - Low Testosterone Good?

success23

Estradiol (Естрадиол) -120.60pmol/l (94.80 - 223.00)
Testosterone ( Тестостерон )-10.35nmol/l (9.90 - 27.80)
DHEA-S ( ДХЕА-С ) 9.24 µmol/l 4.95 - 12.70
Progesterone - not sure now but the last time i checked it it was 2-3 above the upper range ( I was supplementing with it)
LH I FSH - always at the lower range when i check them.
I can't get my DHT checked anywhere near me but i assume i have good levels because i have a musky smell from my armpits, good hair growth on my body ect.

Any pointers? How can i get more testosterone and keep my dht ?
Should i go to the doctor and ask for testosterone shots? Any other bloodwork i should do?
I think about taking DHEA and trbulus supplement

Thank you

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hairiness and muskiness isn't an accurate measure of DHT.

Eating in a surplus will help to boost androgen.
Balanced macros is good, at least 100g protein, around 60g or higher fat, and the rest carbs that digest well. Limit PUFAs and take gelatin.
Eat whole foods and make sure you're not missing on any micros.
Get lots of sunlight and good sleep and do some healthy explosive training to stimulate androgen production.

The above mentioned points should be the bare minimum you should do for androgen production.

Supplements like vit E, aspirin, Gonadin, aromatase inhibitors, cortisol controlling substances, mitochondial, ATP and thyroid promoting substances, etc, can help to boost steroidogenesis naturally.

Don't get testosterone shots. That should be the very last option.
DHEA and trib can help, but it probably wouldn't boost T by much.

75 Proven ways to Boost Testosterone production

RobertJM

Another supplement not to forget is vitamin A. If you persistently boost your metabolism and your body runs low vitamin A, you certainly won’t be producing any androgens. Thyroid without vitamin A is utterly pointless. And it will just lead you to a state of stress anyway (the stress hormones that you’re trying to avoid).
Sunlight will especially strip you of your resources very quickly due to how powerful it is at stimulating metabolism. I second the advice above about eating whole foods and limiting unnecessary junk like empty carbs (sugar, pasta, bread, etc), unless they are eaten in careful moderation. Table sugar is basically a drug. It powerfully stimulates T3 production and CO2. It has many physiological effects, but at what cost? There’s no free ride. Basically if the food brings nothing to the table other than taking what you’ve already got, then you’re going to crash eventually.

Everything pro-metabolic will keep stripping you of your resources. Especially from people on this forum who, like myself, do a multi-pronged approach (coffee, red light, lots of sugars, powerful supplements, etc). People here talk about the nutrients in coffee, but I personally think the metabolism effects exceed what nutrients it has to offer. Coffee can really ruin me if I take too much of it (although I would put my insane tolerance level up against anyone on this forum). I would really like to lower coffee, as the ridiculous levels of caffeine I consume each day may possibly be playing a part in keeping my testosterone levels low. But I’ve tried lowering it before and certainly didn’t feel much after a two week break. But if it is a potent stimulator of progesterone I’d like to lower its use, as I don’t think I need high levels of progesterone as a man. After my awful labs I would like to at least get my progesterone levels checked next. Just to rule this one out as a possible antagoniser of steroid synthesis.

Wow that is a great link Hans. Usually it’s 10 things to increase something. 75 things is value for money, and some good info there.

OP
S

success23

Balanced macros is good, at least 100g protein, around 60g or higher fat, and the rest carbs that digest well. Limit PUFAs and take gelatin.
Get lots of sunlight and good sleep and do some healthy explosive training to stimulate androgen production.

The above mentioned points should be the bare minimum you should do for androgen production.

Supplements like vit E, aspirin, Gonadin, aromatase inhibitors, cortisol controlling substances, mitochondial, ATP and thyroid promoting substances, etc, can help to boost steroidogenesis naturally.

What else can cause the musky odor?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Wow that is a great link Hans. Usually it’s 10 things to increase something. 75 things is value for money, and some good info there.
Thanks man.

What else can cause the musky odor?
Different androgen and 5alpha reduced metabolites. Different foods plus a lot of other things.

I'm not saying your DHT is low, it's just that it might not be a very accurate measure. Progesterone increases allopregnanlone and other related 5alpha reduced metabolite. All 5alpha reduced metabolites can potentially interconvert, but I doubt that high P and low T will give you high DHT.

OP
S

success23

Makes sense. My shoulders and back actually got hairier AFTER i supplementeд with progesterone.

Cameron

Maybe supplement with pure dht 2-3 mgs a day. Lower estrogen increase t and 5alpha reductase sensitivity to all androgens

Cameron

Even Ray says dht is safest to use for men even more than dhea which makes total sense been discussed mechanism wise countless times

Hans

Forum Supporter
Makes sense. My shoulders and back actually got hairier AFTER i supplementeд with progesterone.
Progesterone shouldn't cause increase in hair growth especially not those areas. You'd usually see lots of hair growth in those areas in people that are overweight with thyroid and cortisol issues.

OP
S

success23

Maybe supplement with pure dht 2-3 mgs a day. Lower estrogen increase t and 5alpha reductase sensitivity to all androgens

Makes sense. Like some bodybuilders restart their natural test production with aromatase inhibitors after steroid cycle but the AR is DHT. Too bad i cant get dht, maybe low doses DHEA..

OP
S

success23

Progesterone shouldn't cause increase in hair growth especially not those areas. You'd usually see lots of hair growth in those areas in people that are overweight with thyroid and cortisol issues.

I thought that progesterone can add to the DHT pool. So far no problems with thyroid or cortisol.

Hans

Forum Supporter
I thought that progesterone can add to the DHT pool. So far no problems with thyroid or cortisol.
Yes it does but it's been speculated that only certain 5 alpha reduced metabolites have that properties and it's not necessarily the most desirable metabolites. DHT promotes beard growth and chest hair growth, whereas other metabolites promote shoulder and back hair growth.

baccheion

How does vitamin E support steroidogenesis, as it's said to have progesterone-like effects? What dose? Have you noticed an effect from it (labs before and after)?

Hans

Forum Supporter
How does vitamin E support steroidogenesis, as it's said to have progesterone-like effects? What dose? Have you noticed an effect from it (labs before and after)?
By inhibiting lipid peroxidation and lowering inflammation, thus protecting the leydig cells.
It also potently lower estrogen and prolactin which will help to increase T.
Vit E also increases the sensitivity to LH and vit e deficient leydig cells have a reduced cAMP response, thus less T is produced.

For dose, it depends on how much PUFAs you're eating as well as how much PUFAs are in your system.

400-800IU should be more than enough to increase T and lower estrogen and prolactin.

I haven't done labs while using vit E.

RisingSun

Even Ray says dht is safest to use for men even more than dhea which makes total sense been discussed mechanism wise countless times

If Ray says it...

Have you experimented with it yourself to give an educated advice to others, so that they don’t harm themselves?

Can you enlighten them on the drawbacks too?

Otherwise you are better off not parroting what you read here and there, you will reduce the harm to the community.

I’m going to break it down to you: DHT supplementation whether transdermal or oral methylated tanks estrogens and testosterone. I haven’t seen one successful story of DHT supplementation AT ANY DOSE in the absence of T co-administration.

Cameron

If Ray says it...

Have you experimented with it yourself to give an educated advice to others, so that they don’t harm themselves?

Otherwise you are better off not parroting what you read here and there, you will reduce the harm to the community.

I’m going to break it down to you: DHT supplementation whether transdermal or oral methylated tanks estrogens and testosterone. I haven’t seen one successful story of DHT supplementation AT ANY DOSE in the absence of T co-administration.
I doubt you've seen people use pure dht in tocopherol in low dose body produces roughly 15-20 mgs of 5ar metabolites a day and converts them where needed and dht increases 5ar and opposes estrogen but will not necessarily abolish estrogen like most ai based on labs that I have seen. Not that Ray knows everything or you or I

Cameron

If Ray says it...

Testosterone in tocopherol and dht in tocopherol in daily supplementation that the body produces less than 10mgs is probably safe rather than huge doses in one day

brix

Testosterone in tocopherol and dht in tocopherol in daily supplementation that the body produces less than 10mgs is probably safe rather than huge doses in one day

How would you go about getting testosterone in tocopherol?