is Hagaan Daz really ok?

Anthony

I understand that the basic flavors(Vanilla, Coffee) lack any gums or carregenan and are made with simple ingredients of skim milk, cream, egg yolks, sugar, and that particular flavor. but doesn't the milk/cream and eggs come from factory farmed corn and soy fed cows and chickens? and thus would be loaded with PUFAS? Not to mention Nestle is the parent company and they have a history of shady buisness practices

uuy8778yyi

I agree

I can get high quality farm ice cream in the UK quite easily

obviously higher quality is better, if you can find it, go for it

BingDing

Good point. Though dairy cows aren't mistreated nearly as badly as beef cows. But I don't think you can buy an egg in the US that isn't higher in PUFA than it should be, the omega 3 fad is so strong that "soy free" chickens are fed fish meal instead.

This brand uses bovine growth hormone in the United States.

artemis

Damn, guys, really? I just stocked up on Haagen-Dazs -- eating some right now. And it's SO good!

The list of foods I can eat and feel good about gets shorter every day. :cry:

artemis said:
Damn, guys, really? I just stocked up on Haagen-Dazs -- eating some right now. And it's SO good!

I can delete the post if you like :twisted:

artemis

Such_Saturation said:

Ha! No, it's better to know, I guess.

I don't think I can live without ice cream, though. Guess I better look up that homemade ice cream recipe and get busy.

artemis said:
Such_Saturation said:

I don't think I can live without ice cream, though. Guess I better look up that homemade ice cream recipe and get busy.

Oh man, once you get a hold of those self-chilling machines it will be ice cream every day. I had a more basic one and ice cream turned out about one fifth the price of Haagen-Dazs using biodynamic grass-fed dairy.

mt_dreams

The fact that nestle owns this brand should be all you need to know.

The unfortunate part is that although this brand does not add the hormone to the ice cream sold where I live, it's $6+ for 2 cups of ice cream. The cost is just too high to go to town on store bought ice cream. Homemade is the way to go.

tara

artemis said:

Please don't stop eating for want of perfect food. :)
And do feel good about nourishing yourself as well as possible from what is available.

Attakai

Go to your local organic store and look at the back of the icecreams, you're bound to find one that is peat friendly.
Here in cali there's two that I am aware of: Three twins and Strauss
The strauss ice cream is freaking amazing, all organic ingredients, 6 dollars for two quartz and tastes like heaven.

http://strausfamilycreamery.com/product ... -ice-cream

answersfound

This is becoming the biggest problem in health. Not eating foods because they are not exactly the way we want them in a perfect world. there is so much more to be concerned about than this.

Orthorexia!

answersfound

artemis said:
Such_Saturation said:

Are you serious? Just f*ckin eat the haagan dazs.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
lookingforanswers said:
artemis said:
Such_Saturation said:

Are you serious? Just f*ckin eat the haagan dazs.

Are you serious? Someone would rather make a superior home made ice cream and you cuss at them?

rules#be-polite

"Be polite and respectful"

23kwvg7.jpg

mt_dreams

Just thought I'd let people know that as per the haagen daz US website, they DO NOT use rbsh(t) in their ice cream. If you tolerate the fat content, eat away.

http://www.haagendazs.us/Learn/FAQ/

the huffington post article from above is from 6 years ago. Most companies have realized it's beneficial for their bottom line revenue to stop using the frankin-milk for their products. As usual, people posses the power for change when they use the almighty weapon of purchasing power.