Is Google pro-PUFA?

M

metabolizm

I decided to type "polyunsaturated fat" into Google today, and literally every link on the first page of the search results (including PubMed studies) was decidedly pro-PUFA and anti-SFA. It's not until somewhere down on page two that we see something else: an article from Harpers Bazaar entitled Why You Should Avoid PUFAs in Your Diet. Funnily enough, the author mentions Ray Peat. We're still being taught that PUFA is essential and good and that saturated fats are dangerous and should be limited. What is going on? Why is this conception not changing? Is it really about the power of the vegetable oil industry? Or is this some sort of Google depopulation strategy?

Luann

i would say there's no one evil person or organization at this point promoting pufa, it's just that the status quo right now depends on having sick or helpless or dumbed-down people

rei

Why blame google when 90% of the world is brainwashed into prefering PUFA vegetable etc. oils? We had 40 years of hard fat and cholesterol demonization, it will take a long time before this propaganda can be overcome because no-one is going to admit being wrong, it just needs to happen organically with the ones promoting pufa dying out, and those modern people continuing modern nutritional science.

bk_

G—gle has modified their search algorithm to essentially gaslight anyone trying to search for a truth that goes against their tribal and corporate agenda. Use alternative search engines don’t feed the beast.

Jon2547

By the time that the PUFA lies are exposed, other lies will be taking their place among the minds of the brainwashed. Patriarchal families had to go into hiding so the rest of the world suffers under a matriarchal tyranny where important knowledge does not get passed down and instead myths and falsehoods get inserted into the pool.

cats

I think GG just prioritizes showing whatever is most popularly believed on any subject. A few years ago someone wrote an article showing that a bunch of popular alternative health websites, the "mainstream counterculture" ones like Mercola, which were formerly highly ranked, suddenly dropped massively in the rankings all within only one year. And I've noticed that it's now always webmd, mayo clinic, etc. at the very top. Previously there was more diversity. So there's a kind of soft censorship with respect to health information where they de prioritize non corporate views.

Someone posted a thread on this Google Is Taking Censorship Of Health Websites To The Next Level

Last edited:

Fred

Well, the Google Chrome logo is 666 arranged into a circle, so that should tell you something.

bk_

It’s a fact Google search algorithms are manipulated with explicit intent for censorship. Many have reported that they are actively crushing contrarian views and dissent and deliberate gaslighting. I have evidenced this myself as certain searches that used to show up on page 1 now only come up with gaslighted fact checkers and the proper item of truth itself ends up on page 20 or purged altogether.

GreekDemiGod

Kevin Bass (Twitter nutrition guy) is saying PUFAs are healthy and lower cardiovascular risk through LDL lowering.

Layne Norton(PhD) too. Says MUFA and PUFA are cardio protective.

Paul Saladino saying that PUFAs can be oxidized & oxidative stress drives CVD so PUFAs = CVD is the same dumb ***t vegans do when they say: herp derp leucine increases mTOR... mTOR = cancer, so animal protein = cancer. No No **** NO Still no Good night and **** you
Just in case y’all forgot: Actual HARD OUTCOMES IN HUMAN DATA >>>>>> mechanistic animal studies. And I say this as someone whose PhD was all in rodent studies.