Votes: 24 96.0%
  • No, avoid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes its good, but avoid this brand you link

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters

Josh

Whats everyones take on goats milk?
(If you haven’t seen previous posts i’ve tried every form of cows milk possible and all give me eczema flare up)

This seems like the only easily accessible brand here in the uk: https://www.sthelensfarm.co.uk/products/fresh-milk/
(It’s not organic).

I’m using calcium supplements but i feel as though they cause constipation (Tried Carbonate, Bone meal, MCHA, Egg shell powder) and yes i space it in really small amounts over the whole day.

Is there any negatives to goats milk? Compared to cows milk? Or anyone know of this brand too?

The reason why i’m trying so hard with all this is because i need to up my calcium intake.

Thanks all!

Jam

I drink close to a liter of raw goat milk per day, and have never felt better. In theory it is more digestible than cow's milk (which I don't have a problem with, btw). The only negative that I know of, is that when heated (or pasteurized) it has the typical "goaty" taste. But the raw milk, if kept cold, has none of that, and is absolutely delicious.

Maljam

Read through the posts of "Travis" on the forum and search the keyword "goat" he presents a very convincing case that goat milk is far superior to cow. My health has only benefitted from switching to goat dairy from cow.

Jennifer

(If you haven’t seen previous posts i’ve tried every form of cows milk possible and all give me eczema flare up)

This seems like the only easily accessible brand here in the uk: https://www.sthelensfarm.co.uk/products/fresh-milk/
(It’s not organic).

I’m using calcium supplements but i feel as though they cause constipation (Tried Carbonate, Bone meal, MCHA, Egg shell powder) and yes i space it in really small amounts over the whole day.

Is there any negatives to goats milk? Compared to cows milk? Or anyone know of this brand too?

The reason why i’m trying so hard with all this is because i need to up my calcium intake.

Thanks all!

Everyone is different, but along with fruit, raw goat’s milk has been the most healing food for me, without a doubt. I consume 2+ liters of it daily, skimmed — I bought a cream separator.

I recently finished 6 months on a fiber-free diet of cow’s milk (3+ liters), fresh pressed honeydew melon juice (1+ liter I filtered through a coffee filter) and white honey and my gut felt the best I can ever remember it feeling. I had absolutely no cramping, bloating, gut gurgles, indigestion, migraines, night terrors/anxiety and my vision actually improved. The only major issue I had was with elimination — I would only go once a day or every other day and when I did, it was hard to pass — sorry if that’s TMI.

I got to thinking about when I first fractured and consumed liters of goat’s milk yogurt daily, and how different it was from the yogurt I made (and bought) from cow’s and sheep’s milk. The goat’s milk yogurt had less body to it and felt lighter in my gut than the other two. I did some research on its protein in particular and came across information on cheese making that explained curd tension of different milks and other sources stating that because goat’s milk has markedly less alpha s1-casein than other milks, it forms a softer curd in the stomach, which aids digestion. Here’s a source that compares the protein composition of all three milks:

http://www.medycynawet.edu.pl/images/stories/pdf/pdf2011/082011/201108507511.pdf

Due to hypothyroidism, my enzyme production and peristalsis are weak so I swapped out the cow’s milk for goat’s milk and the constipation vanished, as well as “milk tongue” likely because food was now moving through my intestines faster, and the most surprising was the transformation in my skin. Due to SIBO that went undiagnosed, I went years with a painful, bleeding rash all over my face. I was able to rid it while on a fruitarian diet, but I unknowingly still had redness. I’ve always had rosy cheeks so I was unaware of how inflamed my skin actually was until it wasn’t. Perhaps your skin might benefit from goat’s milk, too.

Last edited:

AndrogenicJB

D

(It’s not organic).

Thanks all!
Did you eventually buy that brand, i am in the UK and im debating its use

reality

D

Did you eventually buy that brand, i am in the UK and im debating its use
Honestly I’ve tried 3 different brands and the St. Helens is absolutely disgusting

M&S is the best tasting goat milk, and Waitrose’s is okay.

AndrogenicJB

Honestly I’ve tried 3 different brands and the St. Helens is absolutely disgusting

M&S is the best tasting goat milk, and Waitrose’s is okay.
Is it good quality for the ones at m&s and waitrose, grass fed/homogenized/no hormones etc?