Is getting buzzcuts or short haircuts Peaty ?

miquelangeles

cutting-the-hair.jpg

lampofred

what do you mean antenna, and is that beneficial? is it due to the static effect of hair, you absorb certain things into the hair/head when its kept longer?

To be honest I don't fully understand what people mean when they say hair acts like an antenna but I've read it in various places and what I understand from it in general is that it makes people more sensitive to things in general. Someone with long hair would be able to pick up subtle scents or something which they would be unable to do after their hair is cut off (I think that was a story I read about a Native American hired by the US military or something like that). But I don't know more about what it means in any specific detail.

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

Are you sure Ray Peat wrote that answer? The writing style seems slightly off and has some terms that I have never seen Ray use and seems like something you placed in by yourself
To those questioning the authenticity if the quote I put in the thread - I messaged a screenshot of the email on the discord and can give the screenshot or screen record to any user requesting authenticity

Royalty and free peoples have typically grown their hair out. Slaves and people going through boot camp or subservient training have had to shave their hair. Likely has hormonal consequences.

Interesting - never thought about this

I know it's anecdotal, but John Lennon in 1969 with long hair seems to be much higher vibration and "nice" than John Lennon in 1970 with cropped hair, who comes across as caustic and hostile.

This is interesting to - i think about these things when i see guys with buzzcuts acting more aggressively

Herbie

I’ll give you a real world antenna example.

I’m a car mechanic and if one has a buzz cut, they will hit the head all the time while under the car and really hurt their head because there is no warning from any sensation.

If one grows the hair out, the sensation of the hair hitting sharp steel, sends a sensation to the head where one can feel this and stop moving which prevents injury to the head. The longer the hair, the more time one has to react.

This is a crude example, Im will to wager that this extends more things.

I have no evidence but I have an incling that longer hair makes one more aware of ones surroundings in a dynamic environment like driving.

Dr. B

To be honest I don't fully understand what people mean when they say hair acts like an antenna but I've read it in various places and what I understand from it in general is that it makes people more sensitive to things in general. Someone with long hair would be able to pick up subtle scents or something which they would be unable to do after their hair is cut off (I think that was a story I read about a Native American hired by the US military or something like that). But I don't know more about what it means in any specific detail.
it is interesting, it does help to feel more, since you can feel the hair

I’ll give you a real world antenna example.

I’m a car mechanic and if one has a buzz cut, they will hit the head all the time while under the car and really hurt their head because there is no warning from any sensation.

If one grows the hair out, the sensation of the hair hitting sharp steel, sends a sensation to the head where one can feel this and stop moving which prevents injury to the head. The longer the hair, the more time one has to react.

This is a crude example, Im will to wager that this extends more things.

I have no evidence but I have an incling that longer hair makes one more aware of ones surroundings in a dynamic environment like driving.

yeah it does improve senses as far as anything touching the hair. its like growing out your nails or fingers... anything touching the hair will help
also, theres a static reaction where the hair sticks up from being near certain materials or objects, doesnt occur with a buzzcut

should we be growing hair out everywhere? like the armpits, chest, all the body hair we can get?

To those questioning the authenticity if the quote I put in the thread - I messaged a screenshot of the email on the discord and can give the screenshot or screen record to any user requesting authenticity

Interesting - never thought about this

This is interesting to - i think about these things when i see guys with buzzcuts acting more aggressively

theres a discord? who runs that, is it an official discord

magnesiumania

"I notice when I wear a cap or any type of headwear I get a great boost in temps/metabolism and feel serotonin lower a lot"

This is an all-time qoute. If i wear two hats i get a fever. LOL

Maybe theres something to it but damn its funny :P

To all the "serotonin is a happy-chemical pll" - wear hats!!!

A friend of mine once wore 5 hats and died of serotonin syndrome.

Dr. B

"I notice when I wear a cap or any type of headwear I get a great boost in temps/metabolism and feel serotonin lower a lot"

This is an all-time qoute. If i wear two hats i get a fever. LOL

Maybe theres something to it but damn its funny :P

To all the "serotonin is a happy-chemical pll" - wear hats!!!

A friend of mine once wore 5 hats and died of serotonin syndrome.
how? it boosts serotonin to wear hats?

-Luke-

For me personally short hair is very peaty, because I don't have to constantly smear in some stuff with questionable ingredients. My hair is pretty messy when it's longer and especially after waking up in the morning. Short hair = way less or no shampoo und no styling gel.

Plus I can easily cut it myself and I save some money.

E

eat my peat

Interesting thread .... thanks for sharing

I tried growing my hair long recently and just felt dirty.

My hair is super thick and I feel way better when it is short and buzzed.

But then again, I haven't crossed the barrier of the 'awkward middle phase' of growing your hair long.

Maybe it is worth powering through...