Is Garlic Peaty After All?

Astolfo

I have seen many controversial comments about it. Some says it is toxic, and also is serotonergic. Is it really true?

Kingpinguin

I have seen many controversial comments about it. Some says it is toxic, and also is serotonergic. Is it really true?

its serotonergic in the way that it lowers MAO A. It also lowers MAO B but i think less so than A. And lowering A is linked to worse health and mental health. Its what breaksdown serotonin so lowering it results in more serotonin floating around binding to receptors. And lower MAO A has been found in aggressive people, killers, psychopaths. Just google it.

Are killers born with 'murder gene'?

The genetic code that determins MAO A levels is called the killer gene because of this.

This is why serotonergic drugs like ssri can make you agitated initially. And overdose causing serotonin syndrome can make people very violent because they get so agitated.

And people with this gene also has a tendency to obviously experience serotonin syndrome more eaisly. I think excess serotonin like the killer gene structurally changed your brain. SSRIs make you feel emotionally numb. Well if you have the killer gene. What does psychopaths and murderers lack? Empathy. They dont feel emotions or compassion. So they can do bad things without feeling any remorse.

Almost all school shootings where made by kids on SSRI. So many people in america use SSRI. I think its bad. It will make everyone more psychopathic less compassionate.

now back to garlic imo it has this effect but only if i eat it raw. Ive done protocols where i took 1-2 raw garlic bulbs per day. And it always made me feel agitated, feel shitty. Like i was coming down from some drug. And it increased anxiety for me when I had issues with that. Cooked garlic doesnt have this effect at all. I think its the allicin in fresh that has bioactibe effects. And once garlic is cooked and you get rid of the strong pungent smell and flavour its pretty harmless. Allicin is likely a toxin. Its made by garlic to protect itself from being eaten by insects. And its a strong substance. Just google garlic MAO, or garlic toxicity.
The serotonin effects of garlic is what concerns me but I dont believe using it in your cooking will have a dramatic impact on your MAO levels. But like some people do. Eating it raw for health benefits is probably bad. You should try it yourself I promise you will feel more serotonergic after.

Kunstruct

Almost always get nausea from it the next day and I am not the only one feeling like this. I rather avoid it unless cooked at small doses.

Arnold Grape

its serotonergic in the way that it lowers MAO A. It also lowers MAO B but i think less so than A. And lowering A is linked to worse health and mental health. Its what breaksdown serotonin so lowering it results in more serotonin floating around binding to receptors. And lower MAO A has been found in aggressive people, killers, psychopaths. Just google it.

Are killers born with 'murder gene'?

The genetic code that determins MAO A levels is called the killer gene because of this.

This is why serotonergic drugs like ssri can make you agitated initially. And overdose causing serotonin syndrome can make people very violent because they get so agitated.

And people with this gene also has a tendency to obviously experience serotonin syndrome more eaisly. I think excess serotonin like the killer gene structurally changed your brain. SSRIs make you feel emotionally numb. Well if you have the killer gene. What does psychopaths and murderers lack? Empathy. They dont feel emotions or compassion. So they can do bad things without feeling any remorse.

Almost all school shootings where made by kids on SSRI. So many people in america use SSRI. I think its bad. It will make everyone more psychopathic less compassionate.

now back to garlic imo it has this effect but only if i eat it raw. Ive done protocols where i took 1-2 raw garlic bulbs per day. And it always made me feel agitated, feel shitty. Like i was coming down from some drug. And it increased anxiety for me when I had issues with that. Cooked garlic doesnt have this effect at all. I think its the allicin in fresh that has bioactibe effects. And once garlic is cooked and you get rid of the strong pungent smell and flavour its pretty harmless. Allicin is likely a toxin. Its made by garlic to protect itself from being eaten by insects. And its a strong substance. Just google garlic MAO, or garlic toxicity.
The serotonin effects of garlic is what concerns me but I dont believe using it in your cooking will have a dramatic impact on your MAO levels. But like some people do. Eating it raw for health benefits is probably bad. You should try it yourself I promise you will feel more serotonergic after.
I was waiting for you to say that consuming garlic makes you a psychopathic murder.

Kingpinguin

I was waiting for you to say that consuming garlic makes you a psychopathic murder.

I didnt say that. What I did say is that there is an correlation between lowered MAO A do that type of behaviour. This effect is likely through serotonin. @haidut has discussed that in posts numerous times. And theres lots of evidence going for it.
And garlic is a proven MAO A inhibitor. So it many other herbs, spices etc. But regarding garlic I do think its a difference between consuming it raw and cooked.

Dobbler

The body odor from eating raw garlic is the most annoying side effect. Not only does your breath smell like 10 feet radius but also your whole body radiates this garlic smelling aura to the whole room. People in the same mall know you have eating garlic.

OP
A

Astolfo

@Kingpinguin How much harm does it give to the body (especially nervous system and brain) do you think? Allicin is indeed likely a toxin, but isn't it also what gives the garlic its antibiotic benefits? I started to eat one clove per day for keeping my gut as steril as possible (carrot salad too). So, I eat raw garlic; not cooked.

I think one clove per day wouldn't affect my cognitive abilities in the long term, maybe it would help to retain them by keeping my gut more steril, thus less chronic endotoxin damage.

For the MAO A inhibition (I have PSSD), I think, daily cyproheptadine can compensate it. I'm taking 1-2 mg per day.

Dave Clark

I think raw garlic has a long history of being a great natural antibiotic, as well as other cleansing and cardiovascular benefits. It is not for the faint of heart when eating raw, can be strong and really give it to you in the gut for a short time, but I think that is the allicin doing what it does best (helping control H.phylori and other microbes). I have read, and it makes sense, to not eat it everyday, that way you aren't taxing your microbiome, but use it a few times/week with breaks (better for the budget too, organic garlic isn't getting cheaper!).

Kingpinguin

@Kingpinguin How much harm does it give to the body (especially nervous system and brain) do you think? Allicin is indeed likely a toxin, but isn't it also what gives the garlic its antibiotic benefits? I started to eat one clove per day for keeping my gut as steril as possible (carrot salad too). So, I eat raw garlic; not cooked.

I think one clove per day wouldn't affect my cognitive abilities in the long term, maybe it would help to retain them by keeping my gut more steril, thus less chronic endotoxin damage.

For the MAO A inhibition (I have PSSD), I think, daily cyproheptadine can compensate it. I'm taking 1-2 mg per day.

i dont know. Time will tell if garlic is worth it or not. I can only refer to my own experience. I don’t have a problem with garlic but I felt it did give me to much serotonergic symptoms when used everyday raw. Not just that people complain about ut smell but I had pretty pronounce mental effects from it. But I wouldnt be able to contribute it to increased serotonin unless I could do a plasma serotonin test. But it is my suspicion that I did have increased serotonin as they seemed to match excess serotonin symptoms such as agitation. I’ve previously over done MDMA and also had a 6 month bout with sertraline so I know what excess serotonin feels like. SSRI was the most pronounced. But Im curious as to how SSRI has its effect. First couple of weeks I had all symptoms of serotonin syndrome. Body temperature changes. Muscle rigidity, anxiety, agitation and brain fog. Eventually those symptoms went away and I did have the classic numb emotions and lower sex drive but in all I did feel pretty good. Maybe it was the combination of the body adjusting to dose and also the increased allopregnenolone stimulating the GABAeric system to calm the excess serotonin.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals