Is exercise is the best thing for longevity?

Ben.

It may not be because they are less healthy!

It could just be that their intensive workouts are a very poor match for the post-injection condition...

In other words, perhaps the jab is stripping away the protective adaptations their bodies once had - the very thing that helped them deal with intense exercise.

I mean we know that short term intense excercise puts the body in a extremely stressfull situation inlcuding damage to the cells, impairing digestion, draining resources etc.

This short term damage usually comes with the reward of adaption and better utilization of resources, blood flow etc.

It is therefore not unreasonable to theorize if the vaxxine could either cause a impairment to the regeneration, or the other way around, the workout induces a stress burden to much to handle trough the problmens already established by the vaxxine. Going running with alot of clotting sounds bad ... clotting in general sounds bad ...

OccamzRazer

I mean we know that short term intense excercise puts the body in a extremely stressfull situation inlcuding damage to the cells, impairing digestion, draining resources etc.

This short term damage usually comes with the reward of adaption and better utilization of resources, blood flow etc.

It is therefore not unreasonable to theorize if the vaxxine could either cause a impairment to the regeneration, or the other way around, the workout induces a stress burden to much to handle trough the problmens already established by the vaxxine. Going running with alot of clotting sounds bad ... clotting in general sounds bad ...
Totally agree with you here!

I just think it's unfair to say that elite athletes are less healthy than average people, and then point to the difference in jab responses as proof.

LA

People who live over 100 years old never exercise as a work out. They are active. Staying active is the key.
Yes that is true!
Also my grandfather was still camping in the snow in Idaho in his late 80s although later on he simply did chores, took short walks, etc. He lived to be 104. He subscribed to Naturopathy publications and believed in avoiding doctors.

Sefton10

I just think it's unfair to say that elite athletes are less healthy than average people, and then point to the difference in jab responses as proof.
I think all elite athletes beyond a certain age (let’s say 25/26) would agree that elite sport is profoundly unhealthy. To become elite you have to push your body and mind far beyond what is needed/best for ‘health’.

LA

I think all elite athletes beyond a certain age (let’s say 25/26) would agree that elite sport is profoundly unhealthy. To become elite you have to push your body and mind far beyond what is needed/best for ‘health’.
Yes, pushing to exercise to the max, using steroids and doing anything excessively after about the ages you mention or some can extend to about 30-40 is almost never the best choice we can make.
It is good to keep limber as that will add to longevity. There is an old teacher in the following list his name is "James Wing Woo"
and he taught many people and was still very strong at 90. He also was the one who was hired to set up all the Bruce Lee movie stunts. Those types of Martial Arts "FORMS" are very good for all of us even a few times a week and for less than an hour when practiced. Those Forms also help people keep steady when walking and will extends youthfulness:
[1]youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1A323E3DD2D3EEB0

Last edited:

Quelsatron

Yes, but concentric means only when you push the weight. For example when you are doing bench press you are pushing up the barbell for a concenric movement, but when you taking the weight down towards your chest, thats the excentric part. I've heard from haidut that excentric is very bad, although many gym coaches advice to do the excenric part of bench press slowly in order to receive more pressure...
I think i looked into this claim (that eccentric movements damage mitochondria) and it seemed like the concentric portion regenerated the damage done by its corresponding eccentric portion. So really, the only kinds of exercise that would be harmful in this manner would be stuff like negative pullups (often done for novices that can't do a full pullup), and those aren't really common.

Gustav3Y

I think i looked into this claim (that eccentric movements damage mitochondria) and it seemed like the concentric portion regenerated the damage done by its corresponding eccentric portion. So really, the only kinds of exercise that would be harmful in this manner would be stuff like negative pullups (often done for novices that can't do a full pullup), and those aren't really common.
What about the fact that some actually emphasis the negative part, depending on the person some go as far as saying to spend 4x the time you spend on the positive.
I have seen some people giving way more time and energy to the eccentric part of any exercise.

SamYo123

Functional Patterns got it right, perfect your gait cycle, and make friends with gravity

Quelsatron

What about the fact that some actually emphasis the negative part, depending on the person some go as far as saying to spend 4x the time you spend on the positive.
I have seen some people giving way more time and energy to the eccentric part of any exercise.
Dunno, would require its own studies. Maybe it makes it worse, maybe the concentric immediately compensates for it, maybe the mitochondria are regenerated quickly by normal daily movement. Really no way to tell, but if you're worried there's nothing that really proves that you have to concentrate on the eccentric portion (not to be confused with being eccentric regarding the concentric portion : )))).

OP
Filosofy

Filosofy

Yep! I like to avoid exercising so intensely that I have to breathe thru my mouth, regardless of the activity.

With practice you can actually get pretty fast at running/cycling/skating, all while staying well under the anaerobic threshold and breathing thru your nose. Staying in this state for a few hours is very relaxing, almost meditative.

The problem is that most new exercisers seem to subscribe to the 'no pain no gain' mentality, and they develop VO2 max prior to developing a foundation of aerobic endurance.

As someone who is very interested in placebo, I find myself often thinking how far are we actually willing to go based on assumption. The covid-dyspneoa thing. The no-pain-no-gain-take on exercise. The sugar-is-bad-because-it-tastes-so-good. I think the future will smirk at us for blindly following these torturous routes for the sake of material gain which, at the end of the day, a healthy body can become. Just another prized possession in the consumerist paradigm.

Furthermore, it is gnarly how far people on this forum go with the quantification. Are we seriously talking about 1/4s of the eccentric phase in a lift.