Is Estrogen Only Produced And Stored In Fat Cells ?

tara

AIUI, at least
in women: in ovaries, placenta, breasts
in everyone: liver, adrenal glands, adipose
I'm wondering whether it can be produced more widely too under stress conditions - eg cold feet?

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

AIUI, at least
in women: in ovaries, placenta, breasts
in everyone: liver, adrenal glands, adipose
I'm wondering whether it can be produced more widely too under stress conditions - eg cold feet?

So you can produce estrogen if PUFA deficient

tara

So you can produce estrogen if PUFA deficient
I'm not sure what you mean by PUFA deficient.
I'm not sure there is such a thing as really PUFA-deficient in a practical sense for adults. Either there is no need to consume PUFAs at all (I think this is Peat's position), or possibly the quantities we need are so small as to be practically impossible to avoid if we eat food anyway (I think this may be Masterjohn's position?).

I'm unclear about whether a growing baby needs any (small amount of) dietary PUFA for good brain growth and development.

AIUI, the body has some desaturase enzymes that it can use to unsaturate some bonds in a controlled way (very small quantities) when and where they are needed. Mead acid is produced endogenously when there are little or no other PUFAs supplied (from diet or presumably liberated from fat stores). Some other unsaturated fatty acids can also be produced internally (but I can't remember/don't know all the details). There are studies with some kinds of mammals showing that they their fat stores are more saturated if they live in warmer temps than in cooler temps. I've observed the difference in beef fat from knuckles compared to ribs, and I presume it is all laid down from the same diet of mainly grass etc.

We do need a little estrogen in short bursts for particular purposes, involved in initiating growth. Women need a bit more of it than men, again in bursts, for particular functions in our reproductive system. It's their chronic elevation/persistence, unopposed by sufficient progesterone, that causes trouble. And chronic exposure to xeno and phytoestrogens.

Estrogen is a steroid hormone, down the chain of hormones produced from the base substrate of cholesterol (> pregnenolone > ...). There are charts showing the chemistry. So I guess you need cholesterol to make estrogen.

beachbum

LOLHAHAAAA. . Not what I expected. Thank you very much.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals