Is Estrogen hijacking my COMT enzyme?

success23

Hello.

I am obese and stressed which means high estrogen production . My last estrogen blood test showed 120 ( 94-223). I have symptoms of exessive dopamine. Do you think that maybe i have super high production of estrogen and maybe my body is capable of getting rid of it by using the majority of COMT enzymes and leaving none of it for metabolizing dopamine, seorotnin, adrenaline ect.

Thoughts?

youngsinatra

You really need to get overall methylation right.

Methylation influences hormonal health, neurotransmitter balance and overall gene expression.

You might have a slow COMT gene mutation, a MTHFR mutation or something else.

You need adequate B vitamins, especially riboflavin (B2), P5P (B6) methylfolate (B9) and methylcobalamin (B12), adequate dietary protein, iron, copper, zinc, magnesium, calcium, glycine, creatine etc etc. to get the cycle running well.

OP
S

success23

You really need to get overall methylation right.

Methylation influences hormonal health, neurotransmitter balance and overall gene expression.

You might have a slow COMT gene mutation, a MTHFR mutation or something else.

You need adequate B vitamins, especially riboflavin (B2), P5P (B6) methylfolate (B9) and methylcobalamin (B12), adequate dietary protein, iron, copper, zinc, magnesium, calcium, glycine, creatine etc etc. to get the cycle running well.
I am taking most of those supplements but i dont feel anything from them. I plan to take SAM-e. Any other suggestions?

A.R

I am taking most of those supplements but i dont feel anything from them. I plan to take SAM-e. Any other suggestions?
Read about sam-e on this forum- I don’t remember it being peat friendly…

Have you ever looked into either defibron or Cardenosine? Using both of them together really helped my estrogen symptoms.

Do you get any symptoms similar to cfs/fibromyalgia?

Do you pay particular attention to your diet?

redsun

Hello.

I am obese and stressed which means high estrogen production . My last estrogen blood test showed 120 ( 94-223). I have symptoms of exessive dopamine. Do you think that maybe i have super high production of estrogen and maybe my body is capable of getting rid of it by using the majority of COMT enzymes and leaving none of it for metabolizing dopamine, seorotnin, adrenaline ect.

Thoughts?
I highly, highly doubt you have excessive dopamine. Taking methylation support will not lower estrogen caused by excessive body fat. Body fat needs to go down. Your estrogen is not even elevated. But your hormonal profile is probably not good due to obesity. So if you want that to improve, you need to reduce body fat. That's what is really important here.

A.R

I highly, highly doubt you have excessive dopamine. Taking methylation support will not lower estrogen caused by excessive body fat. Body fat needs to go down. Your estrogen is not even elevated. But your hormonal profile is probably not good due to obesity. So if you want that to improve, you need to reduce body fat. That's what is really important here.
I also agree

@success23
How does your body react to doing exercise?

A.R

Hello.

Thoughts?
Also could you please list all the supplements you are already taking?

OP
S

success23

What makes me think that i have high dopaminе is that after i orgasm i don;t feel any kind of sexual inhibition. Last time i had sex i was able to orgasm 4 consecutive times ( barelly lasted a minute each time ) in the span of 10 minutes before i noticed any kind of slowing down. BCAAs used to improve my condition.

OP
S

success23

Also could you please list all the supplements you are already taking?
creatine, b-complex, TMG, magnesium, b12

i bought them because i read that they support the methylation cycle but i din;t feel anything from them

redsun

What makes me think that i have high dopaminе is that after i orgasm i don;t feel any kind of sexual inhibition. Last time i had sex i was able to orgasm 4 consecutive times ( barelly lasted a minute each time ) in the span of 10 minutes before i noticed any kind of slowing down. BCAAs used to improve my condition.
High sympathetic activity or high histamine will cause fast ejaculations. This does not have to do with dopamine really. B-complex tends to speed up the metabolism and raise histamine, worsening this problem. Obese individuals have sympathetic overactivity so this can contribute.

Having the ability to go many rounds is not a bad thing. Of course you may want to increase time to orgasm. Zinc, choline, and magnesium should help calm sympathetic activity and thus delay ejaculation. What you are taking now is not going to help.

OP
S

success23

High sympathetic activity or high histamine will cause fast ejaculations. This does not have to do with dopamine really. B-complex tends to speed up the metabolism and raise histamine, worsening this problem. Obese individuals have sympathetic overactivity so this can contribute.

Having the ability to go many rounds is not a bad thing. Of course you may want to increase time to orgasm. Zinc, choline, and magnesium should help calm sympathetic activity and thus delay ejaculation. What you are taking now is not going to help.
Lacking sexual inhibition from orgasms may sounds fun to the average person but it is not.
I have tried every mineral/vitamin. The only things that have every worked are when i don;t drink coffee ( minimal improvement)and when i accidentally lowered my dopamine with BCAA couple of years ago. Sadly BCAAs don;t seem to work now.

I guess i will try some AIs and see what happens.

redsun

Lacking sexual inhibition from orgasms may sounds fun to the average person but it is not.
I have tried every mineral/vitamin. The only things that have every worked are when i don;t drink coffee ( minimal improvement)and when i accidentally lowered my dopamine with BCAA couple of years ago. Sadly BCAAs don;t seem to work now.

You don't even have elevated estrogen so AI use makes no sense. B-vitamin use can make it worse as I said.

Last edited:
OP
S

success23

You don't even have elevated estrogen so AI use makes no sense. B-vitamin use can make it worse as I said.
Didn;t Ray Peat said that tissue levels of hormones are most important and blood levels are not a good indicator?

A.R

Just a heads up, you may very well end up putting yourself in a much worse situation health wise by using an AI, especially pharma grade one.

If you want to lower aromatase, start with natural aromatase inhibitors such as low dose Aspirin and good quality fat soluble vitamins.

Check out the Oxidal and Estroban threads.