Is DHT Really A 5AR Agonist?

Madato

I have read on here that DHT will favor its own synthesis, and the more DHT the more DHT if you will.
It is claimed that introducing DHT or having DHT increased by the way of T introduction will further allow more 5AR expression and thus even more DHT.

That’s the first time I ever hear of a POSITIVE feedback loop in the world of hormones.

Is this true and backed up by studies?

I have read on here that DHT will favor its own synthesis, and the more DHT the more DHT if you will.
It is claimed that introducing DHT or having DHT increased by the way of T introduction will further allow more 5AR expression and thus even more DHT.

That’s the first time I ever hear of a POSITIVE feedback loop in the world of hormones.

Is this true and backed up by studies?
I would also love to see these studies. This would be a game changer if it’s actually true.

sladerunner69

I would also love to see these studies. This would be a game changer if it’s actually true.

Haduit posted this in a seperate thread Feed-forward control of prostate growth: dihydrotestosterone induces expression of its own biosynthetic enzyme, steroid 5 alpha-reductase. - PubMed - NCBI

Apparently DHT upregulates 5-ar activity. That is why we guys with post-finasteride syndrome use DHT-prohormones, we have low 5-ar and need to up the baseline levels. DHT-prohormones like r-andro seem to be the only thing capable of that.

Haduit posted this in a seperate thread Feed-forward control of prostate growth: dihydrotestosterone induces expression of its own biosynthetic enzyme, steroid 5 alpha-reductase. - PubMed - NCBI

Apparently DHT upregulates 5-ar activity. That is why we guys with post-finasteride syndrome use DHT-prohormones, we have low 5-ar and need to up the baseline levels. DHT-prohormones like r-andro seem to be the only thing capable of that.
I wonder if DHT would work just as well as andro

I wonder that too. For some reason there are reports of guys using proviron and it not working very well at all, making them crash and feeling worse.
Yeah, I mean the study says that DHT promotes synthesis of 5 AR enzyme in trace amounts so I have no idea.

Cameron

I wonder that too. For some reason there are reports of guys using proviron and it not working very well at all, making them crash and feeling worse.
Proviron is a dht derivative not pure dht. It works similar but in structure very different on how it binds and converts. Proviron in structure has a way of causing suppression on hpta that pure dht does not. And yes the way dht attaches to the 5 ar it does increase its own sensitivity and production. Testosterone is really a pro hormone to the ultimate alpha androgen DHT

Cameron

Anabolic-androgenic steroid compounds are one of the most widely abused drugs by athletes and muscle builders with the goal of improving performance/muscle mass. However, increasing concern has been expressed because these compounds not only offer unappreciable benefits to infertile and subfertile males, but also might have deleterious effects on both human and animal physiology including sperm quality. In addition, there is the conflicting outcome of AAS usage in the clinical settings with its attendant reduced spermatogenesis and hypopituitarism in patient management. Hence, we aim to evaluate the effects of mestorolone, an anabolic-androgenic steroid, on the histomorphometry of seminiferous tubules with serum hormonal and seminal analyses in adult male Sprague-Dawley rat. Twenty adult male Sprague dawley rats divided into two groups of 10 each. The treated group received 0.06 mg/g body weight/day of mesterolone (proviron) by oral gavage for six weeks while the control group received equal volume of 0.9% normal saline per day. SPSS analysis of data generated with P< 0.05 considered statistically significant. The result showed significant (P< 0.05) body weight gain in all the animals. However, both the raw testicular weight and relative testicular weight per 100 g bwt was significantly (P< 0.05) higher in control than treated. The mean sperm count significantly decreased by 28% (P< 0.05) and the motility reduced significantly by 56% (P< 0.05) in the treated compared to control. In addition, both FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) and T (testosterone) of the treated were significantly lowered by 73% (P< 0.05) and 63% (P< 0.05) respectively compared to the control. The use of mesterolone is with caution and short intermittent therapy is desirous for better semen quality and improved overall fertility. Proviron can increase some short term fertility but is in now way better then pure dht for lh and fsh

sladerunner69

Dht would work better as it has less metabolites to convert into.
I am intrigued. Where does someone find pure dht? Not to burden you but it may well be one of those life or death matters.

Proviron is a dht derivative not pure dht. It works similar but in structure very different on how it binds and converts. Proviron in structure has a way of causing suppression on hpta that pure dht does not. And yes the way dht attaches to the 5 ar it does increase its own sensitivity and production. Testosterone is really a pro hormone to the ultimate alpha androgen DHT

So then proviron is a downstream metabolite of dht?

Kunstruct

Proviron "works" for some for others it does simply zero. For me it has done completely zero even when taking T3 with it in some attempts. I might try it again some other time.
A user here on the forums claims various pharmaceutical brands of Proviron bring in different results for him.

Cameron

I am intrigued. Where does someone find pure dht? Not to burden you but it may well be one of those life or death matters.

So then proviron is a downstream metabolite of dht?
No proviron is not natural to the body it’s a synthetic derivative of dht like anavar and others it’s structure is synthetically manipulated to be more anabolic and there for have completely different actions once metabolized through the liver pass. As far as getting it like I tell most people on the forum a doctor getting pure grade dht from a compounding pharmacy is best to ensure quality product and not getting a underground lab winstrol or even worse.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals