Is coffee ok for dogs..?

SheilaHelm1

I have a 16 year old jack Russell terrier, who steals my coffee and fights me for it, so I now make her a brew every time I have one, I am presuming its safe and think at her age she can have anything she likes that makes her happy.
I also put a couple of dispersable aspirins in her water everyday as she has stiff back legs.
Am I doing the right thing.? Are her instincts just doing the right thing?

Not trying to make this into some kind of doggy forum and I promise I won't ask anything else regarding dogs, but I don't want to be making her ill and the people on this forum seem to be the most knowledgeable out there xxx

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
SheilaHelm1 said:
Not trying to make this into some kind of doggy forum and I promise I won't ask anything else regarding dogs, but I don't want to be making her ill and the people on this forum seem to be the most knowledgeable out there xxx

Ask all you want regarding dogs and Peatisms. :mrgreen: We all love our animals and want the best for them too. :rockout

Hope people can chime in with some answers. I know Peat said something to the effect of...... if dogs ate more sugar they would probably live longer.

HDD

My pug loves liver, chicharrones, and red light therapy. She turned up her nose at coffee. I share my liver from the table which reminds me of when I was a child and would sneak food I didn't like to the dog.

honeybee

Not sure about coffee...but I give my spaniels about a tablespoon of sugar with their dog food. I heard an interview where Mr Peat said he advised a man to do this for his dog and the sugar was helping with arthritis. They also get ocasional cows milk, ice cream, eggs, raw bones. They love anything coconut.

OP
S

SheilaHelm1

Thanks Charlie, thats good to know and Haagendazendiane, you're right about red light therapy, I have a 2 man infrared sauna at home and she loves getting in it with me ha ha
Honeybee I hear ya about the coconut... but didn't know about the sugar for arthritis, will start doing that, good call, thanks x