Is coffee and magnesium beta blocker?

chanlaw

They both relax my heart and lower my heart rate. What other natural beta blocker exist? Sodium does not help unless i drink coffee first

Deborah888

Indian snakeroot, or Rauwolfia Serpentina, is often used to replace beta blockers. I've taken it before and it lowered my blood pressure.

InChristAlone

I wouldn't rely on herbs to produce the effect. Magnesium is safe.

OP
C

chanlaw

Indian snakeroot, or Rauwolfia Serpentina, is often used to replace beta blockers. I've taken it before and it lowered my blood pressure.
Its not the blood pressure effect i want. But lowering of my heart rate means it lower adrenaline

Deborah888

So it says in the below article, which is a summary of studies done on it, that it partially blocks adrenaline receptors (2nd or 3rd paragraph). (Also, It can be called "african snake root" too, btw). I agree with the above re taking vitamins/minerals (if even necessary) over herbs but I do stray from that here and there if there are a lot of studies on it. Any risks of taking it are at the bottom. I took this a while back to replace prescription propranolol but it turned out I was just hyperthyroid so I quit when I lowered my thyroid hormone.

African Snake Root, Indian Snake Root (Rauwolfia vomitoria, R. serpentina) - Restorative Medicine

Elie

Forum Supporter
They both relax my heart and lower my heart rate. What other natural beta blocker exist? Sodium does not help unless i drink coffee first
magnesium is also a calcium channel blocker to a certain degree (small probably). It competes with calcium for absorption.
I believe potassium more powerfully slows the heart rate.

OP
C

chanlaw

magnesium is also a calcium channel blocker to a certain degree (small probably). It competes with calcium for absorption.
I take potassium too but it never slow my heart rate. Maybe im too magnesium deficient to slow it(i heard magnesium is needed to absorb potassium)

OP
C

chanlaw

Is there any other natural potent calcium channel blocker? If magnesium is to a small degree?

Peatress

Calcium-Channel Blockers
  • Magnesium (Mg++)
  • Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine)
  • Vitamin C
  • Vitamin E: high gamma/delta E with alpha tocopherol, (high cytosolic Mg++ with low Ca++); also a diuretic
  • N-acetyl cysteine
  • Hawthorne berry
  • Celery
  • Garlic
  • Taurine
  • Selenium
  • Alpha-lipoic acid
  • Glycine, B3, Aspirin, and Coffee

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals