Is Coca Cola The Ideal Supplement?

Arrade

Does Coca Cola promote progesterone ?

Effects of Extended Feeding of Decocainized Erythroxylon Coca Leaves on Growth and Selected Organs in Rats and Rabbits

Rats fed the decocainized leaves at doses of 1.5 and 15 mg demonstrated no significant changes in weight, whereas those receiving 150 mg had a significant decrease in weight gain when compared with control animals receiving vehicle. Necropsy findings in rats demonstrated pyometra in all groups receiving decocainized leaves as well as in some of the controls. Those rats with pyometra often exhibited endometrial metaplasia. Renal tubular calcification and proteinaceous material were consistently noted at all dose levels.

http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/096032718800700104

Pyometra is a secondary infection that occurs as a result of hormonal changes in the female's reproductive tract. During estrus ("heat"), white blood cells, which normally protect against infection, are inhibited from entering the uterus. This allows sperm to safely enter the female's reproductive tract without being damaged or destroyed by these immune system cells. Following estrus ("heat") in the dog, progesterone hormone levels remain elevated up to two months and cause thickening of the lining of the uterus in preparation for pregnancy and fetal development. If pregnancy does not occur for several consecutive estrus cycles, the uterine lining continues to increase in thickness until cysts often form within the tissues (a condition called Cystic Endometrial Hyperplasia). The thickened, cystic lining secretes fluids that create an ideal environment for bacteria to grow in. Additionally, high progesterone levels inhibit the ability of the muscles in the wall of the uterus to contract and expel accumulated fluids or bacteria. The combination of these factors often leads to infection.

Pyometra in Dogs
So coke is bad? Just cause of the coca leaves, not other sodas

D

danishispsychic

Stevia give me massive headaches but then again, I have Lyme or used to- who knows ....I like Krogers Cola made with sugar but I only drink one a day. I miss fountain Diet Coke with a couple of Parliaments- now that is a winning combo. lol.

BlueEyeWolf

Forum Supporter
Is this a Peat thing? I thought coke gave kidney stones and high fructose corn
Edit: would like to indulge my soda craving
You have to get the real sugar coke without HFC. Some call it Mexcian Coke. Comes in glass bottles at grocery store and Costco carries it. In Europe they only had real sugar coke. I stay away from the high fructose corn syrup.

BlueEyeWolf

Forum Supporter
Exactly best supplement for getting diabetes and messing up your insulin.
There is more to diabetes then just sugar. Diabetes is whole other scenerio. Healthy people real sugar is not bad.

Arrade

You have to get the real sugar coke without HFC. Some call it Mexcian Coke. Comes in glass bottles at grocery store and Costco carries it. In Europe they only had real sugar coke. I stay away from the high fructose corn syrup.
Thanks! Didn’t realize Costco had it. It does get extremely old drinking only milk and water.

LUH 3417

Not all glass bottled CocaCola in the US is made with cane sugar. There is a new version called “Coke Legend” that comes in a 8oz glass bottle and is not from Mexico. It’s made with HFCS.

Attachments

• 7ACC505C-9EA3-440A-B67C-B73AADDC2600.jpeg
    7ACC505C-9EA3-440A-B67C-B73AADDC2600.jpeg
    192.1 KB · Views: 29

ddjd

Cheap, instant energy, instant metabolic boost, tastes great, makes everything great. I can't remember a single occassion that was made worse by a glass of cola. By coffee, many times.
it completely destroys my gums unforunately

OP
Prosper

Prosper

Pro tip w/Pepsi

Best to worst carbonation:

Bottle
8oz (can)
12oz (can)
12oz (plastic bottle) - I would avoid these as they can be flat right out of the bottle (had this happen several times)

Nice analysis. I buy coke in a 1,5 quart plastic bottle and then refill an empty can that has been in the freezer. This is the optimal ratio for cost to intensity of experience.

theLaw

Not all glass bottled CocaCola in the US is made with cane sugar. There is a new version called “Coke Legend” that comes in a 8oz glass bottle and is not from Mexico. It’s made with HFCS.

I noticed this as well.

They appear to keep these in the soda isle, while the real-sugar Coke is in the produce or international-foods section.

smith

Interesting that the issue of the WATER used to produce it hasn't been raised yet. Wouldn't you be concerned whether or not something like Coke was made with tap water versus distilled water, or at the least, where the tap water was sourced? I'm sure I don't need to bring up the myriad pollutants or chemicals that manage to find their way in city tap water as most people are probably already familiar.
This is not to say that I'm against coca cola, I used to drink it all the time until I became a bit more picky about how clean my water is. But thanks to the recipe linked by @BenjaminBullock I could always just make my own.

For a supplement to be ideal, it has to be safe. For it to be safe, it has to be pure. (without metals, estrogens etc..)

"Is Coca Cola the ideal supplement?"
Maybe if it was produced with purified water.

Last edited:

MrSmart

Interesting that the issue of the WATER used to produce it hasn't been raised yet. Wouldn't you be concerned whether or not something like Coke was made with tap water versus distilled water, or at the least, where the tap water was sourced? I'm sure I don't need to bring up the myriad pollutants or chemicals that manage to find their way in city tap water as most people are probably already familiar.
This is not to say that I'm against coca cola, I used to drink it all the time until I became a bit more picky about how clean my water is. But thanks to the recipe linked by @BenjaminBullock I could always just make my own.

For a supplement to be ideal, it has to be safe. For it to be safe, it has to be pure. (without fillers, metals, toxins..)

Yes, if only it was produced with purified water.

Coca-Cola makes their still water bottles, so there's no problem with sourcing.

Forsythia

Coke is considered a valid medical treatment for stomach blockage. Do a google search and numerous pub med studies/reports will come up for successful use of Coke in the treatment of stomach blockage.

I have twice had a bad stomach ache which went away immediately after drinking a small amount of Coke. So I am a believer!

MrSmart

Coke is considered a valid medical treatment for stomach blockage. Do a google search and numerous pub med studies/reports will come up for successful use of Coke in the treatment of stomach blockage.

I have twice had a bad stomach ache which went away immediately after drinking a small amount of Coke. So I am a believer!
Because it reacidifies your stomach, which causes a cascade of downstream effects.

Herbie

Maybe if it was produced with purified water.[/QUOTE]

For a supplement to be ideal, it has to be safe. For it to be safe, it has to be pure. (without metals, estrogens etc..)

Maybe if it was produced with purified water.

It would be the most pure water in Coca Cola otherwise there would be problems with the consistency of the product and how everything mixes togeather. There is no way they just pour tap water in there.

Last edited:

smith

Coca-Cola makes their still water bottles, so there's no problem with sourcing.
Association fallacy, "They also sell water bottles, so that means coca cola contains purified water"

BBC NEWS | Business | Coke recalls controversial water
Coca-Cola to recall all bottles of its Dasani water in the UK, after levels of bromate were found to exceed legal levels
From one of Coca Cola's own Judith Snyder, "The source of the water is irrelevant. It doesn't effect the end result. The aim is to ensure uniformity of quality and taste wherever you are in the UK."

MrSmart

Association fallacy, "They also sell water bottles, so that means coca cola contains purified water"

BBC NEWS | Business | Coke recalls controversial water
Coca-Cola to recall all bottles of its Dasani water in the UK, after levels of bromate were found to exceed legal levels
From one of Coca Cola's own Judith Snyder, "The source of the water is irrelevant. It doesn't effect the end result. The aim is to ensure uniformity of quality and taste wherever you are in the UK."

Learn to read retard.

Waynish

Definitely not. I've met at least 3 people who get runny noses and similar allergenic symptoms within a few minutes of drinking one. This includes from glass bottles in Mexico. Besides, it has all sorts of low quality additives of undefinied purity (someone send it to USP! :)

Herbie

I live near a Coca Cola factory, I’ll go see them and find out.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals