Is Coca Cola The Ideal Supplement?

Prosper

Cheap, instant energy, instant metabolic boost, tastes great, makes everything great. I can't remember a single occassion that was made worse by a glass of cola. By coffee, many times.

J

jb116

Cheap, instant energy, instant metabolic boost, tastes great, makes everything great. I can't remember a single occassion that was made worse by a glass of cola. By coffee, many times.
Love coca cola.

Arrade

Is this a Peat thing? I thought coke gave kidney stones and high fructose corn
Edit: would like to indulge my soda craving

Luckytype

Is this a Peat thing? I thought coke gave kidney stones and high fructose corn
Edit: would like to indulge my soda craving

Get the glass bottle mexican sugar versions or coke, pepsi, sprite, the US also has a canned sugar pepsi now too

theLaw

Get the glass bottle mexican sugar versions or coke, pepsi, sprite, the US also has a canned sugar pepsi now too

Pro tip w/Pepsi

Best to worst carbonation:

Bottle
8oz (can)
12oz (can)
12oz (plastic bottle) - I would avoid these as they can be flat right out of the bottle (had this happen several times)

tara

I think it's great if you don't have problems with pH. Too acidic for some.
Or deficiency in particular minerals and vitamins that you'd otherwise get from food.

Luckytype

Pro tip w/Pepsi

Best to worst carbonation:

Bottle
8oz (can)
12oz (can)
12oz (plastic bottle) - I would avoid these as they can be flat right out of the bottle (had this happen several times)

Nice, i noticed the mexican glass pepsi has a lighter taste but also seemed a bit flat, i would put the carbonation right around the 12oz plastic bottle strength

theLaw

Nice, i noticed the mexican glass pepsi has a lighter taste but also seemed a bit flat, i would put the carbonation right around the 12oz plastic bottle strength

That's strange. The glass bottles have been the most consistent for me.

Is this the kind you're referring to?

10078.jpg

Luckytype

The plot thickens...
Its definitely a smaller carbonation bubbling "pop" too, sorta like they mixed 3/4 of fresh with a 1/4 serving of flat. The flavor is different to me too, it has the tiniest tiniest hint of maybe a cinnamonish.

Im probably taking this too far though

Herbie

I think all coca cola sold outside of the USA has cane sugar not corn syrup.

I wish cherry coke came with cane sugar.

yerrag

I think all coca cola sold outside of the USA has cane sugar not corn syrup.

I wish cherry coke came with cane sugar.

Is that the case? Lucky world then.

Finally Philippine consumers are getting cane sugar back in their beverages. HFCS had to be taxed more than cane sugar to make cane sugar competitive. I enjoy Coke more now but couldn't tell if it made much of a difference in taste.

Does anyone know if cane sugar tastes better than HFCS?

Peatful

Coca cola was invented as a patent medicine i believe? Back in the late 1800's.
I think for headaches or stomach ailments...
Pepsi was also invented, or just marketed, to help stomach ailments and boost energy.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Coca cola was invented as a patent medicine i believe? Back in the late 1800's.
I think for headaches or stomach ailments...
Pepsi was also invented, or just marketed, to help stomach ailments and boost energy.
Yeh back in the day my mom said if you had a stomach issue the doc would tell you to drink a coke.

Herbie

Coca-Cola inventor John Pemberton is said to have written this recipe in his diary shortly before his death in 1888.[27][28] The recipe does not specify when or how the ingredients are mixed, nor the flavoring oil quantity units of measure (though it implies that the "Merchandise 7X" was mixed first). This was common in recipes at the time, as it was assumed that preparers knew the method.

• Ingredients:
    • 1 oz (28 g) caffeine citrate
    • 1 US fl oz (30 ml) vanilla extract
    • 1 US qt (946 ml) lime juice
    • 2.5 oz (71 g) "flavoring", i.e., "Merchandise 7X"
    • 30 lb (14 kg) sugar
    • 4 US fl oz (118.3 ml) fluid extract of coca leaves (flavor essence of the coca leaf).
    • 2.5 US gal (9.5 l; 2.1 imp gal) water
    • caramel sufficient to give color
  • "Mix caffeine acid and lime juice in 1 quart boiling water add vanilla and flavoring when cool."
  • Flavoring (Merchandise 7X):

dq139

Exactly best supplement for getting diabetes and messing up your insulin.

I thought ray peat said that sugar on its own doesn't cause diabetes...especially if its with caffeine.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals