Is Chocolate Milk Fattening In A Low Fat Diet?

Ron J

Hello
To those that are/have been in a low to medium fat diet(sub 60g total fat): is cacao powder with milk fattening? Did the cacao feel estrogenic or androgenic/dopaminergic? Does lactose feel as if it causes bloat or fat gain? And how is the insulin response from lactose compared to sugar/starch?

Cirion

Have not played too much with mixing pure cocoa with milk. Pure organic cocoa should be reasonably safe I would think though.

The milk is where more people probably tend to have issue with, whether its the lactose, tryptophan, or vitamin A. de-fatted milk tends to be less problematic for people, but you may or may not handle the lactose, tryptophan, or vitamin A still. It seems like one has to have solid digestion to handle this, which is why it seems like honestly only people who are very healthy seem to handle it.

OP
R

Ron J

I'm not sure what to think of either in regards to their net effect. I'm interested in foods that have an androgenic/dopaminergic effect because that's what I think it means to choose foods that give the most and take the least(I assume it's a Ray Peat quote). A stress reaction being what you don't want, which usually leads to increased estrogen/serotonin/cortisol. For cacao I'm leaning towards having a positive net effect, although any thread/study could change my mind at this point. Milk seems to be confusing.