Is Chewing Gum Safe?

southcesar

As far as I know it is made of polymers and other synthetic products (probably estrogenic) and where I live there are no natural versions, like those of chicle. Is chewing gum safe?

opson123

A member here said that glycerol is one ingredient to avoid in chewing gum and toothpaste. I always chew gum after every meal for the xylitol. The brand I buy has some questionable ingredients, but I can't find anything better.

I can't find the post of the member I mentioned above, sorry.

Last edited:
Titanium dioxide is in almost every Gum. Swish after eating with pure xylitol for a couple of minutes, or search for 'pure' or organic cheweing gums, or medicinal. The titanium dioxide can be hidden behind some number in the list of ingredients, same for toothpaste, also with TiO2.

RealNeat

Its crazy that most gum, even in natural food stores, is plastic up to 40% or more. Just chewing on plastic absorbing it sublingually to me feels like covert HRT.

Interesting link above on the topic.

Gânico

No. If you want something to chew, chew connective tissues, fascia, skin. Other natural things to chew are tree saps such as mastic gum, but i think they can have problematic chemicals

GodsHound

I like Chios mastic gum. I think it’s really good for oral health, but it can contain natural allergens. A high quality source is important.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals