Is CDC Borrowing Pneumonia Deaths "From Flu" For "From COVID-19?

tankasnowgod

The CDC has always lumped pneumonia and flu deaths together to make it appear that flu is much more deadly than it really is. I have no doubt they would do the same thing for their current darling, COVID 19. I think they are re-labeling any death they can to jack up the numbers.

SOMO

The numbers have also been cooked for another virus...
-AIDS deaths also include Pneumonia, fungal infections and even a type of cancer. I Wonder how few AIDS deaths there are if public health agencies did not include pneumonia/cancer/fungal infections.

-AIDS deaths in Africa and 3rd world countries are also artificially inflated due to malnutrition/starvation/dysentery.

How long until the bubble bursts?

Obviously, for accuracy, Pneumonia and Flu and Covid should all be separate statistics. On the other hand, I recognize how difficult it might be to differentiate Covid deaths from Flu deaths...especially since the test is unreliable.

SOMO

The CDC has always lumped pneumonia and flu deaths together to make it appear that flu is much more deadly than it really is. I have no doubt they would do the same thing for their current darling, COVID 19. I think they are re-labeling any death they can to jack up the numbers.

Eventually they will start including car crashes as Covid cases. :D

tankasnowgod

Eventually they will start including car crashes as Covid cases. :D

I almost wrote that in my reply..... and they may already be doing so.

Nurse at 2:56- "So if someone in a car accident gets brought in, we get a CT Scan of them, and their lungs ***look*** like they have coronavirus.

tankasnowgod

Obviously, for accuracy, Pneumonia and Flu and Covid should all be separate statistics. On the other hand, I recognize how difficult it might be to differentiate Covid deaths from Flu deaths...especially since the test is unreliable.

If this were really as dangerous as it's being played up to be, we should see an increase of either total deaths from respiratory disease, and/or all cause mortality. None of the stats on the Euro Monitor look above normal for this time of year, with the exceptions of Italy and France, and they don't appear to be outside of normal deviation. The aren't even the biggest peaks on the four year chart.

SOMO

I almost wrote that in my reply..... and they may already be doing so.

Nurse at 2:56- "So if someone in a car accident gets brought in, we get a CT Scan of them, and their lungs ***look*** like they have coronavirus.

I saw that video.

I think that doctor is a lesbian anti-Trumper. But, I applaud her for caring so much about her patients.

However, one thing in that video stood out to me - where they show the "ice truck" docked to the hospital to supposedly transport dead bodies. The presence of the ice truck is not proof of anything. The ice truck could be a normal occurrence or the hospital could have requested the ice truck because they thought it was necessary; but the truck itself is not proof that more people are dying of Covid.

Nowhere in the video does she explicitly state that more people are dying and that she has seen more deaths.

The clever editing made it seem like that was the implication, but she spends a good portion of the video talking about how she THINKS they will run out of ventilators (and she never states that they HAVE run out of ventilators. In other words, this hospital did not appear to have any case where a doctor did not have any available ventilators and someone needed one.)

Tarmander

They flipped into full blown induce panic mode after they got it wrong in Jan and early Feb.

Stats are all over the place

But we can't assume it's malevolent...yet...could just be panic

SOMO

They flipped into full blown induce panic mode after they got it wrong in Jan and early Feb.

Never assume someone is being evil when it is more likely they are just stupid.

S.Seneff

It was the empeachment battle at that time, right ?!

theLaw

Not sure if it's the same for each city, but here is a quote from a recent article about an infant's death being incorrectly attributed to CV:

All patients who die in Connecticut hospitals during the pandemic are being tested for the virus, regardless of their manner of death, so the infant was tested post-mortem and the results came back positive.

But they also state that they will need to receive cause-of-death from the coroner, which might take a month.

So it looks like all deaths in a hospital are tested for CV and those who test positive (before or after death) are listed as CV deaths released each day.o_O

tankasnowgod

Not sure if it's the same for each city, but here is a quote from a recent article about an infant's death being incorrectly attributed to CV:

But they also state that they will need to receive cause-of-death from the coroner, which might take a month.

So it looks like all deaths in a hospital are tested for CV and those who test positive (before or after death) are listed as CV deaths released each day.o_O

Things will vary from country to country, state to state, and city to city, but it's basically been common practice to report the numbers of people dying WITH COVID 19. As you pointed out, the cause of death can take up to a month to determine, which, at the very least, makes all of the reported deaths in the past month suspect, and truly, makes the entire number highly questionable.

This issue was brought up from the Italian Death numbers, by the President of the Itailian Institute of Higher Health, Silvio Brusaferro

Google Translate

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

tankasnowgod

Of course there's malevolence. No one has ever shut down entire countries for months simply because of panic. This is coordinated operation to wreck people's lives and destroy economies. Of course, I'm sure panic has been a useful tool for the controllers who wish to do this. Certain CEOs, Mayors, Governors etc may just be panicking and "going along with the herd," but that panic is being used and guided.

Hugh Johnson

Of course there's malevolence. No one has ever shut down entire countries for months simply because of panic. This is coordinated operation to wreck people's lives and destroy economies. Of course, I'm sure panic has been a useful tool for the controllers who wish to do this. Certain CEOs, Mayors, Governors etc may just be panicking and "going along with the herd," but that panic is being used and guided.
I agree, though I am curious as to who you believe is behind it.

Tarmander

There will always be profiteers to catastrophes...and maybe this was all started with malevolent aims by Gates and co

I am speaking more to how they are gathering statistics and covering it in the media. They are mostly followers and not deep thinkers seized by panic.

Peater Piper

I looked into this, I was a little frustrated with the lack of references in the article, but he was right about how the CDC used to give separate statistics for influenza and pneumonia deaths, which they no longer do.

For 2014 data: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr65/nvsr65_04.pdf
On page 59, "Influenza and Pneumonia" are listed. They have a combined total of 55,227 deaths, then individual values of 50,622 for pneumonia and 4,605 for influenza. The 2013 data handled it in the same way.

For 2015 data: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr66/nvsr66_06.pdf
On page 33, "Influenza and Pneumonia" provides only a combined total of 57,602. There's no longer an individual breakdown for each one, and it's the same for 2016 and 2017.

However, it is possible to find the separate stats for flu and pneumonia deaths using the CDC's FluView: National Center for Health Statistics Mortality Surveillance System