Is Casein the Devil ? Major calcification issues from Dairy with Casein

JamesGatz

Hello All,

I have a big issue here driving me off a wall I am hoping someone knowledgeable can help me with and I will try to keep it brief:

My main protein sources before this:

A2 Milk (lowfat 2% Vitamin A and D added) - Digests great, but doesn't make me as warm as cheese - give me absolutely NO calcification issues whatsoever or BPH

Turkey and/or Slices of Beef
Gelatin

I have tried introducing parmigiano reggiano from Trader Joe's:

Aged well so decent source of K2 I can imagine, no enzymes and animal rennet - decent on digestion no major issues,
but causes calcification issues - my mucus becomes thicker, Prostate pain, MAJOR chest pain that I'm assuming is some sort of calcification of the Artery -

Aged cheeses are higher in K2 than milk so shouldn't this reduce calcification and not increase it?

Any milk that I drink with casein seems to make me A LOT warmer, BUT also causes prostate pain and seems to trigger calcification symptoms (thick mucus, chest pain). In one of the few occasions I have tried supplementing K2-MK4 to reduce this my chest pains seem to come back pretty bad which makes me concerned it is increasing calcification instead of decreasing it

I am confused and will try to find some cheese without casein to experiment, but I have a very hard time making sense of it all. My magnesium, potassium, and sodium, vitamin A and D (nearly all of my nutrients) seem to be definitely adequate on cronometer and I don't seem to be craving any specific thing.

Is there a relationship between calcification and casein? I'm having a hard time putting this all together

Last edited:

Apple

Hello All,

I have a big issue here driving me off a wall I am hoping someone knowledgeable can help me with and I will try to keep it brief:

A2 Milk (lowfat 2% Vitamin A and D added) - Digests great, but doesn't make me as warm as cheese - give me absolutely NO calcification issues whatsoever or PTH increase

Gelatin

I have tried introducing parmigiano reggiano that I got from Trader Joe's:

Aged very well so decent source of K2 I can imagine, no enzymes and animal rennet - decent on digestion no major issues,
but causes calcification issues - my mucus becomes thicker, PTH rises tremendously (whenever I drink milk with casein my PTH raises as well), MAJOR chest pain that I'm assuming is some sort of calcification of the Artery - but the crazy thing is this:

It makes me VERY warm and seems to be a God-send for my thyroid, if this was true shouldn't PTH be lowered?

Aged cheeses are higher in K2 than milk so shouldn't this reduce calcification and not increase it?

Any milk that I drink with casein seems to make me A LOT warmer, BUT also raises my PTH (I get this big pain near my prostate) and seems to trigger calcification symptoms (thick mucus, chest pain). In one of the few occasions I have tried supplementing K2-MK4 to reduce this my chest pains seem to come back pretty bad which makes me concerned it is increasing calcification instead of decreasing it

I feel very, very confused and will try to find some cheese without casein to experiment, but I have a very hard time making sense of it all. My magnesium, potassium, and sodium, vitamin A and D (nearly all of my nutrients) seem to be definitely adequate on cronometer and I don't seem to be craving any specific thing.

Is there a strongly-tied relationship between PTH, calcification, and casein? I'm having a really hard time putting this all together
Any source about thick mucus and chest pain being signs of high PTH ?

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

Any source about thick mucus and chest pain being signs of high PTH ?
Just edited the question to make sense - Just realized I was confusing BPH with PTH and was confusing pain near my prostate with PTH making the question make no sense.

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

Pasteurized milk? Are you eating the cheese raw or cooking it beforehand?
Yea it's pasteurized. I cook it beforehand - if I eat it raw I'll react to it even worse - I am honestly convinced it might be the casein as both A1 milk and A1 cheese give me the same symptoms, but A2 gives me none of it.

Missenger

You're probably right, it's likely the A1 casein if cooking it helps, better to be sensibly picky when allergies are already a common thing with A1 dairy.

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

You're probably right, it's likely the A1 casein if cooking it helps, better to be sensibly picky when allergies are already a common thing with A1 dairy.
Agreed. Going to see if I could find some clean goat cheese tomorrow to try to confirm it - if it works I know where my laundry list of issues is coming from - I suspect this is definitely the main issue on this forum with dairy intolerance

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hello All,

A2 Milk (lowfat 2% Vitamin A and D added) - Digests great, but doesn't make me as warm as cheese - give me absolutely NO calcification issues whatsoever or BPH

Gelatin

I have tried introducing parmigiano reggiano from Trader Joe's:

Aged well so decent source of K2 I can imagine, no enzymes and animal rennet - decent on digestion no major issues,
but causes calcification issues - my mucus becomes thicker, Prostate pain, MAJOR chest pain that I'm assuming is some sort of calcification of the Artery -

Any milk that I drink with casein seems to make me A LOT warmer, BUT also causes prostate pain and seems to trigger calcification symptoms (thick mucus, chest pain). In one of the few occasions I have tried supplementing K2-MK4 to reduce this my chest pains seem to come back pretty bad which makes me concerned it is increasing calcification instead of decreasing it

I am confused and will try to find some cheese without casein to experiment, but I have a very hard time making sense of it all. My magnesium, potassium, and sodium, vitamin A and D (nearly all of my nutrients) seem to be definitely adequate on cronometer and I don't seem to be craving any specific thing.

Is there a relationship between calcification and casein? I'm having a hard time putting this all together
So does the A2 milk give you side effects or not? Or only when you add casein?
If you react negatively to the A2 milk, chances are that you're still getting some kind of immune and inflammatory response from it. Which would indicate that it's not necessarily the casein, but probably something else.
As a side note, if you have low-grade inflammation, then you can develop intolerances to almost anything. For example, people who drink A1/A2 milk are more likely to experience lactose intolerance, which goes away when they switch to A2 milk.

Rasaari

Have you tried unhomogenized, the homogenization makes the fats become liposomes and with undigested proteins can cross gut lining and bbb causing allergies. Also goat milk has 50/50 casein/whey and the casein is full A2

Last edited:
OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

If you react negatively to the A2 milk, chances are that you're still getting some kind of immune and inflammatory response from it. Which would indicate that it's not necessarily the casein, but probably something else.
As a side note, if you have low-grade inflammation, then you can develop intolerances to almost anything. For example, people who drink A1/A2 milk are more likely to experience lactose intolerance, which goes away when they switch to A2 milk.
The A2 gives me no side effects - no calcification, no constipation/bloating, and no prostate pain as well - it doesn't make me as warm as A1 milk, but A1 milk/cheese seems to bring these symptoms right back.

I might have developed an intolerance - I honestly would not be surprised, but the prostate pain makes me concerned that A1 milk might be lowering my DHT as well - I get prostate pain from anything that lowers DHT which concerns me about this

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

Have you tried unhomogenized, the homogenization makes the fats become liposomes and with undigested proteins can cross gut lining and bbb causing allergies. Also goat milk has 50/50 casein/whey and the casein is full A2
I haven't - it's hard to get my hands on raw milk where I live - not impossible, but definitely really out of my way - I think I am going to go out of the way to try raw milk as I really do want to get to the bottom of this - the milk I try is 50/50 (from cow's) - but finding cheese from cow's that is A2 is difficult so I planned on buying goat cheese to test if maybe I'm reacting negatively to full A2.

Last edited:

Hans

Forum Supporter
The A2 gives me no side effects - no calcification, no constipation/bloating, and no prostate pain as well - it doesn't make me as warm as A1 milk, but A1 milk/cheese seems to bring these symptoms right back.

I might have developed an intolerance - I honestly would not be surprised, but the prostate pain makes me concerned that A1 milk might be lowering my DHT as well - I get prostate pain from anything that lowers DHT which concerns me about this
Why not add other foods or supplements that will enhance your temps? A1 milk is most likely causing an immune response and low grade inflammation for you, and this negatively affects your prostate.

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

Why not add other foods or supplements that will enhance your temps? A1 milk is most likely causing an immune response and low grade inflammation for you, and this negatively affects your prostate.
This is what I am currently on the path on. I hadn't thought of the idea that inflammation could've been causing all of these symptoms, but it definitely makes sense

Apple

Just edited the question to make sense - Just realized I was confusing BPH with PTH and was confusing pain near my prostate with PTH making the question make no sense.
Good post...anyway
It made me look at casein angle
I couldn't figure out why milk (A1) is ok for me but cheese (of same brand) gives me itchy scalp and skin problems
I guess in milk, casein is balanced with whey protein ...

Michael Mohn

As long as your pth is low it's unlikely you have significant calcification. Some low grade infection causing inflammation seems more likely to be causative. I had good experience with antibiotics, removed any problems with milk digestion. Adding fruit/sugar helped a lot of people with milk indigestion.

Dr. B

how would switching to A2 fix the lactose intolerance? Since lactose is still present in A2. you mean that, the A2 milk is less inflammatory, therefore even though it has lactose, the intolerance goes away since A2 doesnt cause inflammation like A1?

Hans

Forum Supporter
how would switching to A2 fix the lactose intolerance? Since lactose is still present in A2. you mean that, the A2 milk is less inflammatory, therefore even though it has lactose, the intolerance goes away since A2 doesnt cause inflammation like A1?
A1 causes an immune response and inflammation, which then leads to impaired digestion, hence lactose intolerance. It's easy to get food sensitivities with an inflamed or irritated intestine.

Dr. B

I haven't - it's hard to get my hands on raw milk where I live - not impossible, but definitely really out of my way - I think I am going to go out of the way to try raw milk as I really do want to get to the bottom of this - the milk I try is 50/50 (from cow's) - but finding cheese from cow's that is A2 is difficult so I planned on buying goat cheese to test if maybe I'm reacting negatively to full A2.
i dont understand, your cows milk is 50/50 whey and casein? how, what kind of milk is it? i think colostrum is 70 to 80% whey but after that cows milk is 80% casein?
why does A1 cause immune response/inflammation.

the A1/A2 stuff is interesting.. seems to have truth to it..
i think the A1 cows are diseased or sick in some way, the A1, in cows only came about a thousand years ago, and it may be that the cannibalistic cows developed A1.
every other mammal even humans milk seems to be A2 and even cows for most of their history only had A2.
but, I think Ray thinks A2 doesnt matter and was just a marketing term because a single company owned the patent or name rights or something? im not sure if even thats the case anymore, ive seen many different milk brands use A2 milk
do you think Ray hasn't looked into A2 much? like researched it much?

Last edited:

Hans

Forum Supporter
why does A1 cause immune response/inflammation.
Because during digestion, A1 casein is broken down into beta-casomorphin-7, which causes lots of issues. I'm going to create content on this for next week.
i think the A1 cows are diseased or sick in some way
No
I think Ray thinks A2 doesnt matter and was just a marketing term because a single company owned the patent or name rights or something?
I don't know exactly his view on it, but there are multiple studies showing that if people switch from A1 to A2 their inflammation goes down.

miquelangeles

Not all milk is the same. Try unhomogenized milk as @Rasaari mentioned.

Homogenization does more than reducing the size of the fat globules.

Homogenization increases the stability of milk fat by reducing the size of milk fat globules. This process leads to the casein and whey proteins adsorbing onto the surface of fat globules and reducing the amount of MFGM at the fat globule surface (Ye et al., 2008). Homogenization of whole milk followed by heat treatment causes the denatured whey proteins to attach to the adsorbed casein and MFGM proteins via disulfide bonds (Michalski and Januel, 2006).

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022030216307883

Also, if you can get unhomogenized goat's milk that's even better, because it contains the lowest amount of hormones.

If I drink homogenized milk I get bloated and thick mucus in my throat, which eventually makes me prone to getting a sore throat. No problems whatsoever with unhomogenized goat's milk. Unhomogenized cow's milk is probably fine, but personally I feel it makes me sluggish and causes weight gain, as well as puffy face. With goat's milk I actually seem to lose weight no matter how much I drink. Goat's or sheep milk fat make my extremities very warm unlike cow's milk.