Is Calcium DiMalate a good form of calcium supplement?

Good form?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Josh

Is this a good product?: ‘Thorne DiCalcium Malate’ https://www.thorne.com/products/dp/dicalcium-malate “DiCalcium Malate consists of one molecule of malic acid that is bound to two molecules of calcium”

I’m just looking to vary my calcium supplement intake because as we know, it’s not ideal to supplement in the first place, but with EVERY form of dairy causing eczema, I have no choice.

I aim for about 500mg of calcium a day from supplements, so that’s gonna be from a mixture of the ‘Pure Encapsulations MCHA’, ‘Heiltropfen Pure Calcium Carbonate’ and also the ‘Thorne Dicalcium malate’, if it’s all good. I spread this out evenly throughout the day, mixing it with meals. So will probably only get about 150-200mg a day of each form of calcium supplement I have.

What do we think of DiCalcium Malate? I really like Thornes products normally.

Is this a good product?: ‘Thorne DiCalcium Malate’ https://www.thorne.com/products/dp/dicalcium-malate “DiCalcium Malate consists of one molecule of malic acid that is bound to two molecules of calcium”

I’m just looking to vary my calcium supplement intake because as we know, it’s not ideal to supplement in the first place, but with EVERY form of dairy causing eczema, I have no choice.

I aim for about 500mg of calcium a day from supplements, so that’s gonna be from a mixture of the ‘Pure Encapsulations MCHA’, ‘Heiltropfen Pure Calcium Carbonate’ and also the ‘Thorne Dicalcium malate’, if it’s all good. I spread this out evenly throughout the day, mixing it with meals. So will probably only get about 150-200mg a day of each form of calcium supplement I have.

What do we think of DiCalcium Malate? I really like Thornes products normally.
Gosh Josh, after my experiences with kidney, gall and pancreatic stones, because I avoided dairy and went the suppliment route, I would just not have calcium. I often think if I was stranded on a deserted island with not a cow in sight would I thrive or just shrivel up and die just eating fish and fruit?

I think it's okay. Probably not ideal but better than many options. Carbonate is probably best though.

S-VV

Its a dicarboxylic acid, and Ray recently said that he doesn't think they are safe. I think they probably are safe

OP
J

Josh

Gosh Josh, after my experiences with kidney, gall and pancreatic stones, because I avoided dairy and went the suppliment route, I would just not have calcium. I often think if I was stranded on a deserted island with not a cow in sight would I thrive or just shrivel up and die just eating fish and fruit?

What type of calcium sup was you taking and how was you taking it? 500mg at one time for example? I really cannot consume dairy and I feel much better on the calcium hydroxyapatite kind

What type of calcium sup was you taking and how was you taking it? 500mg at one time for example? I really cannot consume dairy and I feel much better on the calcium hydroxyapatite kind
I wasn't a "Peater" back then so I didn't pair the calcium carbonate with anything and just took it at bedtime for good sleep.

I haven't taken it for many years so I don't remember the amount, just what was suggested on the bottle. I have been using these digestive enzymes for several years now and it has 157mg of calcium carbonate in one serving and it hasn't caused any issues. I chew two or three on an empty stomach, as Ray Peat suggests, and sometimes after a red meat meal. It is a good way to sneak some in in a small, more usable amount.

Attachments

• 20210527_102638.jpg
    20210527_102638.jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 20210527_102633.jpg
    20210527_102633.jpg
    379.7 KB · Views: 16