Is caffeine intolerance good or bad sign?

Uselis

Basically I am somewhat obsessed with walking. Thats the only thing I discovered so far that completely destroys anhedonia and seratonic personality traits at least temporary. Weigh lifting does that too but always comes with some stress.

If I start walking 9 miles or so a day I can only drink one cup of coffee. After that it becomes irritable instead of calming. My mood though is better, sleep is better and I feel more "clean" when I do walk such amount.

If don't walk that much I can easily drink 4-5 strong cups with no problems.

youngsinatra

Basically I am somewhat obsessed with walking. Thats the only thing I discovered so far that completely destroys anhedonia and seratonic personality traits at least temporary. Weigh lifting does that too but always comes with some stress.

If I start walking 9 miles or so a day I can only drink one cup of coffee. After that it becomes irritable instead of calming. My mood though is better, sleep is better and I feel more "clean" when I do walk such amount.

I think coffee tolerance is a sign of good liver health - a sign that your liver can store liver glycogen efficiently.

It might not seem that much, but walking 9 miles is definitely quite a distance. I would make sure your glycogen is replenished before you walk - both in the muscles and in the liver.

I think safe starches are better for keeping muscle glycogen replenished, while ripe fruits, juices and sugar are better for liver glycogen.

I think that your muscles primarily use muscle glycogen while doing physical activity.

Also keep in mind that 9 miles would equal to about 18k steps - and you burn between 250-600 calories per 10k steps. Maybe you just need more fuel.

Mr.Bollox

I think coffee tolerance is a sign of good liver health - a sign that your liver can store liver glycogen efficiently.

It might not seem that much, but walking 9 miles is definitely quite a distance. I would make sure your glycogen is replenished before you walk - both in the muscles and in the liver.

I think safe starches are better for keeping muscle glycogen replenished, while ripe fruits, juices and sugar are better for liver glycogen.

I think that your muscles primarily use muscle glycogen while doing physical activity.

Also keep in mind that 9 miles would equal to about 18k steps - and you burn between 250-600 calories per 10k steps. Maybe you just need more fuel.

i seem to get a stress response from 200mg caffeine, it seems to cause some itchy scalp and cortisol or dht type symptoms. i take it with lots of carbs etc so thats not the problem. should caffeine be avoided in stressed states or high cortisol

regarding thyroid, T3 causes actual weight gain for me and even muscle burning etc,
not sure about t4 t3 combo therapy, is it worth getting the dessicated thyroid gland powders i think health nature or some store sells a bag of pure thyroid glandular powder?

youngsinatra

If T3 causes muscle burning, that could be a sign of lactic acid build-up. This could be a possible thiamin deficiency.
i seem to get a stress response from 200mg caffeine, it seems to cause some itchy scalp and cortisol or dht type symptoms. i take it with lots of carbs etc so thats not the problem. should caffeine be avoided in stressed states or high cortisol

regarding thyroid, T3 causes actual weight gain for me and even muscle burning etc,
not sure about t4 t3 combo therapy, is it worth getting the dessicated thyroid gland powders i think health nature or some store sells a bag of pure thyroid glandular powder?

Mr.Bollox

If T3 causes muscle burning, that could be a sign of lactic acid build-up. This could be a possible thiamin deficiency.
i dont mean burning like from lifting, its a different type of painful burning, the burning I would get from doing way too much cardio, or if I went a day without eating protein, its a certain catabolic feeling you can feel in muscles from doing cardio too much

TheSir

Caffeine intolerance is not always a sign of anything health-related, since also genetic factors contribute to your individual response to caffeine. A better indicator is: do you crave the stimulation, or can you effortlessly do without it? The better your health, the smaller your need to depend on any exogenous substances.